Chapter 4: Sehun's Story

Miracles in December

Even I can’t believe that
I changed like this
Your love keeps
moving me

Sehun strides at the outskirts of Seoul, destination unknown but with the will to continue moving forward – anywhere but here is fine, anywhere with her will be alright.

He doesn’t know when he last saw her, when he last had a glimpse of her beautiful, angel-like smile and when he last heard that wonderful laugh that has such a powerful hold on him.

“Oppa~”

It’s not just her face that attracts Sehun. It’s not just her beauty and not just her brains as well. It’s not just both of her beauty and brains together but it’s her entirety.

How can Sehun move if the one thing that keeps him moving will be gone? That is Sehun’s question before.

“What?” he asks without even looking at her face.

“Oppa, do you know what day is today?”

“What day is today?”

Her eyes widen is a way Sehun finds too cute.

“It’s Valentine’s Day, oppa.”

Sehun fights back a gasp coming from the back of his throat and mentally scolds himself. How can he forget such an important day?

“So I take you don’t have anything for me, do you, oppa?”

She still keeps her smile even though Sehun knows better than that.

“But it’s okay, oppa. Here, I made chocolate for you.”

“But… I don’t have anything for you.”

She smiles and it breaks Sehun’s heart.

“Don’t worry, oppa,” she says brightly, “I’ll wait for that day when you’ll give me a huge bouquet of flowers. Make sure it has all my favorite flowers, okay? White carnations, yellow lilies, pink tulips and red roses. And don’t forget to put many, many baby’s breath, okay?”

She continues walking, pacing a couple of steps ahead of Sehun because he knows, she doesn’t want him to see her not smiling. She doesn’t want him to see her unhappy. She doesn’t want him to see her crying and breaking.

So she smiles. She continues to smile.

Sehun pauses and read the store’s sign, ‘Heavenly Flowers.’ He enters the flower shop and asks the lady to make a huge bouquet – with dozens and dozens of carnations, lilies, tulips, roses and baby’s breath. He asks the lady to make it very special because the person he’s giving the bouquet is very special.

Sehun will move forward. It doesn’t matter where and it doesn’t matter how. He will move until the day when he’ll find her. That is his answer now.

Ten days before Christmas.