Extra: First Crush

Baby Kicks

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mir looked down at his blushing son with a smile. "Jinae, what is it?"

Jinae glanced up before quickly avoiding his umma's gaze. The preschooler had no idea what to do- how was his umma going to help him anyways? 

Mir frowned and leaned down to feel his son's forehead. "Jinae, are you sick? Your face is red, baby..."

"Ahh..." Jinae shook his head. "Omo... Umma?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"What do you do... when you like someone?"

Mir panicked a little. His little boy was only in preschool- he wasn't ready to give this talk yet! "Uhh-"

They were interrupted by someone clambering into the kitchen. "What's this I hear about liking someone?"

It was Joon. Jinae's face flushed even more and he hid his face in Mir's pant leg. Mir sighed and his head softly. He smiled. "Our little Jinnie has a crush on someone, Joonie~!"

"Umma~~!" Jinae whined, leaning back and sending a half-hearted glare at Mir.

Joon smirked and bent down so he was eye level with his son. "Is she pretty, Jinnie?"

Jinae opened his mouth but no sound came out. Mir raised an eyebrow. "Jinnie?"

"....Ki-hyung is very handsome, Appa..." Jinae said shyly.

Mir made a sound between a choke and a gasp before coughing violently- a flush spreading across his cheeks. Joon stood up to pat his back lightly, his arm and cooing at him.

Mir glared lightly at him before waving him off. He turned back to his son, who looked on the verge of tears. Mir frowned and reached down, scooping the young child into his arms. "Oh, Jinnie, what's wrong?"

Jinae sniffled. "Are Umma and Appa mad at Jinnie?"

Mir grinned before pecking his baby's nose. "Of course not, sweetie," he giggled. "You are so cute. Is it Hyun Ki from the kindergarten?"

Jinae looked down before nodding and fiddling with his fingers. Mir squealed and pinched his cheek lightly. "You're precious, baby." He turned towards Joon, who was looking at the both of them with a frown. "Joonie?"

Joon groaned and shook his head. "I should not have to be threatening guys this early."

Mir smirked. "That's what my Appa said when I first started to date you."

Joon let out a high pitched whimper. "Whatever, Mireu! I was met with a loaded shotgun and a PMS-ing big sister!"

Jinae giggled in his umma's arms. "Papa and Noona didn't like Appa?"

Mir and Joon ignored his question, earning a pout. Mir smiled and pinched his cheek. "Is that why you asked for my help, sweetie?" he asked.

Jinae nodded with a slight smile on his pretty face. "I wanna give him a yummy treat on Valentine's Day, Umma! Please~!"

Mir nodded before walking over to set Jinae on the counter. He turned back only to find Joon walking out of the kitchen. "Joonie?"

"I'm going to find my baseball bat," Joon grunted. "I'll be back, don't worry baby."

Mir stared at the doorway with a blank look before yelling, "You know that he's only about 6 years old, right?"

"Never too early to put the fear of God into a young boy's heart!"

Mir sighed in defeat and returned to Jinae, who was looking at him confused. "Umma?"

Mir held up a hand. "Don't even question your Appa, Jinae. Now, what should we make?"

Jinae giggled. "I wanna make a chocolate heart! Oh- oh! Umma, can you make the brownies that you always make for me?!"

Mir smiled, knowing exactly which one's his son was talking about. "Sure. How about you help me so they are extra special for Hyun Ki?"

Jinae's eyes glinted and he nodded happily. "Okay, Umma!"

Mir giggled and put a finger to his lips. "But these are Appa's favorite too, so we have to hide them, okay?"

Jinae copied Mir by putting a finger to his lips. "Okay!"

Mir grinned and placed a kiss on his baby's temple. "Alright sweetie, let's hurry before Appa finds the bat that Umma hid."

---------------

Jinae fidgeted as he walked up to the small group of kindergarten boys that hung around on the playground. It was the end of the day, and Jinae was waiting for his appa and umma to pick him up. He looked down at the small red basket that held his treats. He had used a cookie cutter to make heart shapes in the brownies, and his Umma made vanilla frosting to go in the middle. Along the sides were red, pink, and white sprinkles. Jinae took a deep breath before he closed the distance between himself and the group of boys. It was now or never.

One boy noticed him right away and smiled warmly. "Hi Jinnie~!"

Jinae blushed and looked down. "H-Hi, K-K-Ki-hyung..."

One of the other boys laughed obnoxiously. "Ya! What's a little baby like you doing over here with us men? Go away!"

Jinae's head shot up. "B-But...!"

"But what?" another boy said, walking up to Jinae and pushing him away lightly. "Go away, you little baby!"

Jinae shook his head firmly. "I wanted- I wanted to talk to Hyun Ki-hyung! And I'm not a baby!"

"Then why are you crying? Only babies cry!" The first boy said.

Jinae, startled, lifted a hand to his face and felt tiny tears running down his cheeks. He flushed in embarrassment and lowered his head, more tears leaking out because of his insecurity.

"Baby, baby, Jinae's a crybaby~!" The other boy's taunted.

Jinae sniffled and looked up, his large brown eyes glistening. He gripped his basket of treats hard. All of them were making fun of him. He sniffled and walked away, the taunts behind him dying down as he got closer to the front of the school where he saw his appa and umma waiting for him.

"Umma!" he wailed, running towards Mir and throwing himself into his arms.

Mir caught him easily and lifted him up, immediately wiping away the tears. "Oh, sweetie, what happened?" He eyed the basket that was still in his son's hands. "Didn't you give your treats to Hyun Ki?"

Jinae shook his head. "Ki-hyung doesn't like me anymore. All his friend's called me a baby, and-and he didn't protect me, Umma~!"

Joon growled and took his son from Mir's arms, wiping away the tears. He smiled gently at the little boy and pressed his forehead to Jinae's. "Now, now, stop crying, big man... Shh..."

Jinae sniffled and wiped away the last of his tears. He took a few shallow and stuttered breaths.

Joon grinned at him. "Want me to beat him up, Jinnie?"

Mir smacked his arm. "Joon- he's 6 years old!"

"My son will not be treated like that!"

"Omo... Hyungs...?"

Joon and Mir looked away from each other only to see a little boy standing in front of them. The boy was looking anywhere but them, and he kept fidgeting.

Mir recognized the young boy immediately and frowned. "Hello, Hyun Ki. Where's your umma?"

Before Hyun Ki had time to answer, Joon interrupted. "You're the one that made our Jinnie cry?"

Hyun Ki's eyes widened before he frowned, face saddened with guilt. "My- my friends said bad things to Jinnie. After Jinnie left, I got mad at them, and told them they weren't being nice to my friend."

Mir's usual bright smile reappeared on his face. He turned and patted Jinae on the back. "See, Jinnie? He doesn't hate you, sweetie. Now come out and say hi, okay? Show Hyun Ki what you made for him."

Hyun Ki looked expectantly at Jinae when he was set down. Jinae blushed and tried to hide behind Joon, but Mir dragged him away and set him right in front of Hyun Ki. Jinae looked down and handed the basket of treats to Hyun Ki quickly.

Hyun Ki looked at the nice looking desserts before sending a grateful smile to Jinae. "Thank you, Jinnie~!"

Mir and Joon laughed at how their son's face got even redder.

Jinae lifted his head to look at the older boy and smiled. "J-Jinnie asked u-umma to help Jinnie m-m-make s-something for h-h-hyung," he whispered nervously. "It's Valentine's Day, and Jinnie wanted hyung t-to know that... umm...."

Hyun Ki grabbed Jinae's hand, urging him to go on with a warm smile.

Jinae looked at their entwined fingers before smiling. "J-Jinnie feels nice when K-Ki-hyung is around..."

Hyun Ki looked like he was in a daze, but he had a perminant smile on his face the whole time. The older boy leaned towards Jinae quickly before-

'Chu~!' 

A peck on the lips.

Mir's squeal was so loud Joon thought it was going to break his ear drums. He growled and lunged for his car, opening the back door and dragging out a metal bat. Mir saw him out of the corner of his eye and paused in his fangirling. He walked towards his husband and struggled against him.

"Lee Changsun, put it away now!"

"He's taking my baby boy away, Mireu!"

"Changsun! He's 6!"

"The fear of God, Mir! Now let me at him! He can't just kiss Jinae like that!"

Jinae ignored his parents who were fighting in the background and touched his lips. His own Ki-hyung just.... Jinae looked up to see a happy smile on the other boy's face.

"I like Jinnie, too~!"

Jinae giggled and blushed, leaning foreward and placing an innocent peck on the older boy's cheek. Maybe acting like his umma once in awhile wasn't so bad after all.

"YA! Don't you touch him like that!"

"Lee Changsun, shut up! Now let go of the bat before I beat your face in!"

--------------

What did I just write? D: I"M SORRY IF IT ! I tried to make little kid crushes and I failed! :( I hope you some-what enjoyed it. Tell me what you thought, honestly though. :) Leave comments or opinions! Thanks babies~! :3