Transfer Student

12 Miracles of December

Transfer Student

 

~The Next Day~

 

“Hey! Suho, can I copy your math homework? I didn’t finish mine yesterday,” Kris asked his friend. “It’s not my style to finish homework the day before y’know.”

 

“No, do your own work or you won’t understand anything,” Suho refused bluntly.

 

The two bickered back and forth until the bell rang to signify the beginning of first period. Xiumin barely arrived before the bell rang, and he abruptly sat in his seat with a gloomy expression etched onto his face.

 

“Hey Xiumin, are you okay?” Chen asked from the seat next to Xiumin. “You don’t look so good, is something wrong?”

 

“I’m fine,” Xiumin snapped.  “There’s nothing wrong.”

 

Chen was surprised at the sudden outburst, since Xiumin was usually soft spoken and cheerful. He shrugged, and decided not to dwell on it; besides, first period had already begun, and he should pay attention since precalculus was not a strong subject of his.

 

“Everyone!” Ms. Park clapped her hands at the front of the classroom to catch everyone’s attention. “A new student has enrolled in our school, I hope you all will treat him kindly and help him out since he is unfamiliar with things here.”

 

Ms. Park then gestured for the transfer student to walk in and introduce himself, and a slender and blonde boy walked in. Xiumin couldn’t help but stare at this pretty, but handsome dude. If he was a girl, he would totally be Luhan’s type. “Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Oh Sehun. It’s nice to meet you all,” he ended it with a shy smile.

 

“Take the empty seat over there Sehun. Luhan, please raise your hand so that Sehun knows who you are,” Ms. Park said. “I hope you two get along and please give him a tour of the school.”

 

----------------

 

“Okay, so Sehun, this is your next class, which is chem, and over there are the soccer fields. On the other side are the basketball courts, and we have a place to play ping pong in one of the small gyms,” Luhan babbled on with barely contained energy, which he hoped Sehun wouldn’t notice. “If there’s anything else you need help with, don’t hesitate to ask!” Luhan said cheerfully.

 

“Thank you Luhan,” Sehun said, smiling slightly. “I appreciate it. Do you want to eat lunch together? My treat, since you’ve been helping me out with everything.”

 

“Sure! Thanks,” Luhan said. Meet you at the cafeteria after fourth period?”

 

“Okay, see you later!” Sehun waved and went to his next class.

 

During this entire exchange, Xiumin was sitting outside in the courtyard, looking up at the colorful leaves that were falling from the oak tree he was under. He knew that Luhan was avoiding him, since he decided to leave his best buddy for a transfer student that he barely knew. If Xiumin hadn’t confessed the other day, Luhan would still be with him, laughing and joking around as usual. Letting a deep sigh, Xiumin was nearly scared out of his pants when a disembodied voice called out to him.

 

“Ximin~~why are you out here all by yourself? Aren’t you usually with Luhan?” Chen asked as he came up behind Xiumin. “Did you two have a fight or something?”

 

“Chen! What did I say about appearing out of nowhere?! I told you never to do that again, yet you always forget and pop out like a ghost!” Xiumin shouted.

 

“Hey hey, sorry dude. I won’t do that again, ‘kay?” Chen said, sitting besides Xiumin.

 

“...I told him,” Xiumin whispered quietly, after a long moment of silence. “I told him!” he wailed mournfully, burying his face into his hands. “If I knew that he would leave me like this, it would have been better if I kept it to myself...”

 

Chen was shocked. His normally happy-going friend was lightly sobbing, and he didn’t know what else to do but pat him gently on the back. Chen knew all about Xiumin’s feelings for Luhan, and he knew that Luhan was not the type to go out with guys. All Chen could do now was be with Xiumin and try to keep his friend from falling apart.

 

----------------

 

haiiz i hope u liked reading this chappie too~sorry it's so short, but i felt that it wouldn't seem as good if i kept writing for this part XD

and i wasnt sure what else to write lol

anywayzz...im not sure when the next time i'll update b/c im supa busy this month ;u;

thank you for liking and supporting this story

and thank you for dem lovely comments from you lovely readers ;3 <3