Study Date

12 Miracles of December

Study Date

 

-3rd person POV-

 

“I still can’t believe how big your house is!” Xiumin exclaimed wandering around once he got inside Luhan’s house. “Why is it so spacious inside when it doesn’t even show how huge it is outside of it?” Xiumin asked in amazement, tilting his head to look at how far the ceiling went.

 

Laughing at how awestruck his best friend was acting, Luhan jokingly yelled, “Minnie!~ Don’t do that too much or you’ll hurt your neck!”

 

“No worries Lulu! It doesn’t hurt at all-UGH!” Xiumin groaned when he turned his neck to look at Luhan. “Ow...!” Xiumin said in a hurt tone as he rubbed at a spot on the back of his neck.

 

Rushing quickly to Xiumin’s side, Luhan worriedly waved his arms around Xiumin, unsure of what he should do to help his Minnie. “Aigoo, Minnie! I told you to be careful!” Luhan said, slightly yelling at Xiumin because he was worried for his best friend.

 

“I’m sorry Lulu...” Xiumin said, looking down with a sad expression on his face.

 

Seeing at how remorseful Xiumin felt, Luhan felt bad for yelling at him, so unknowingly, Luhan found himself giving Xiumin a tight hug. “It’s okay Minnie~ I just didn’t want to see you get hurt,” Luhan said kindly, softly patting Xiumin on the back.

 

Surprised from the sudden hug that Luhan gave to him, Xiumin forgot he was yelled at by his crush, and blankly turned to look at his best friend that still had his arms wrapped around Xiumin. Startled out of his reverie, Xiumin lightly pushed Luhan away. Looking at Xiumin with a stunned expression on his face, Luhan hid the hurt that he felt from being pushed away. Xiumin never pushed Luhan away when he gave him a hug; this was the first time Xiumin did that, and Luhan couldn’t understand why.

 

“Minnie...why did you push me away?” Luhan said, hurt from Xiumin’s actions. Luhan looked at Xiumin with doleful eyes, but was surprised when he saw that Xiumin’s face was slightly flushed. “Are you okay Minnie?” Luhan said tentatively, reaching out to lightly press the back of his hand to Xiumin’s forehead. When Luhan did that, Xiumin reflexively flinched away from Luhan, and Luhan was confused yet again.

 

Trying to act natural, Xiumin smoothly asked, “where’s your room Lulu? We should go and study now.”

 

Wordlessly, Luhan walked to his room, with Xiumin trailing behind him.

 

I’m acting really awkward omg. What should I do?! Is Lulu mad? He’s not talking to me at all. I think he’s mad...Xiumin stressed out when Luhan didn’t reply.

 

"Here, put your stuff on the table," Luhan said as he gestured at the table that was in the middle of his bedroom. "Let's get started!" Luhan energetically said to Xiumin, pulling up his sleeves so they won't distract him. "I hope you're ready Minnie, because my teaching is harsh," Luhan said, with a wicked gleam in his eye.

 

Xiumin gulped, hoping that he could make it out of Luhan's Spartan training alive...

 

"How many times do I need to tell you that you're using the wrong formula?!" Luhan asked frustratingly for the umpteenth time. "That's the formula you use to find the vertex, not the point you're trying to find on your graph. And also, you're supposed to use the Pythagorean Theorem to find the x for the triangle." Luhan sighed and wondered if it was actually a good idea that he offered to tutor Xiumin on pre-calculus...

 

Luhan leaned back to take a small break from teaching, and at the same time, he looked his best friend and saw that Xiumin was on the verge of tears...Urgently rushing to Xiumin's side, Luhan hurriedly asked Xiumin if he was okay.

 

"I'm sorry Lu...I'm just really awful with math. I don't know why, but none of the information that is given to me makes any sense. What should I do...?" Xiumin asked, covering his face with his hands.

 

"Oh Minnie, don't cry," Luhan said comfortingly. "I'll stay and help you until you understand how to do the problems," Luhan said, tightly hugging Xiumin to himself. "So please...don't cry. I don't know why, but when you cry, I feel sad too," Luhan whispered, holding Xiumin in a warm embrace.

 

"Ummph, Lulu, it hurts," Xiumin mumbled, struggling under Luhan. "I'm not crying, so stop hugging me so closely, I can't breathe," Xiumin said, smiling lightly.

 

"Oh, my bad Minnie," Luhan said, flustered. Jumping back a little, Luhan sat back down, trying to regain his earlier composure. I wonder why I felt so sad when I thought Minnie was crying, Luhan thought to himself. But it's normal to worry about a friend when they're feeling down, Luhan tried to convince himself that his worrying for Xiumin was normal.

 

On the other side, Xiumin was feeling a bit embarrassed over the fact that Luhan was hugging him. Omg, I was so close to him, and it was him who initiated the hug, how am I supposed to act now?! Xiumin fanboyed in his thoughts.

 

Luhan snapped out of his thoughts and was surprised that Xiumin’s face was a bit flushed, yet again. I wonder is Minnie is okay...I hope he didn’t catch that nasty virus that was going around town. He won’t let me touch him either...Or maybe he likes me?! No no no, that can’t be it...can it? All the symptoms are there, but I could be overreacting and misunderstanding something. I’ve been with him since almost forever, so that shouldn’t be it. Luhan thought firmly, erasing such impossible ideas from his head.

 

“Hey Minnie! Should we take a break? You look worn out,” Luhan said, concerned about Xiumin.

 

“Okay Lulu~” Xiumin said, relieved that he’s getting a break from math.

 

“Do you want anything Minnie? We have cake and drinks,” Luhan said walking to the door.

 

“Yes please~Do you have strawberry cake?” Xiumin asked eagerly.

 

“Duh Minnie, of course I do! When do I not?” Luhan chuckled cutely. “Wait a moment, I’ll be right back.”

 

Xiumin surveyed his surrounding, and he couldn’t believe that he was in his crush’s room. He debated on whether he should jump on Luhan’s bed or not, and the temptation couldn’t be denied, and Xiumin climbed onto Luhan’s bed. Mmm...this is definitely Luhan’s scent...Xiumin thought as he fell into Luhan’s fresh and musky scent.

 

The door opened unexpectedly, and Luhan found himself in an awkward situation. “Um Minnie? What are you doing?”

 

“Oh um, I was just wondering if your bed was as soft as it looks so...I’m sorry Lulu...” Xiumin made a poor excuse and hid his blushing face in Luhan’s blanket.

 

“It’s not like I mind Minnie, it’s okay,” Luhan said, trying to get Xiumin to look at him. Grabbing Xiumin’s baozi cheeks, Luhan squished them together, forcing Xiumin to look into his eyes. “Let’s eat cake now, yeah?”

Luhan went to get the fork, and proceeded to get a forkful of the cake into Xiumin’s mouth. “Minnie~say ahhh~”

 

“Lulu no!” Xiumin said as he struggled against Luhan. “That’s too embarrassing! I can eat by myself!”

 

Luhan managed to get the cake into Xiumin’s mouth, but since Xiumin kept struggling, Luhan lost his balance and accidentally fell onto Xiumin. “Ouch...” Luhan said as he tried to get up. “Are you okay Minnie?” Luhan looked at Xiumin’s blush slowly become more pronounced from where he landed on Xiumin. From looking on Xiumin’s expression on his face, Luhan decided to blurt out his thoughts before he changed his mind. “This might sound crazy, but do you happen to like me Minnie? In a romantic way I mean...”

 

Hearing that question, Xiumin was shocked that Luhan found out about it. He decided not to dodge the question and to just answer it honestly. I mean, we’re were best friends right? Luhan’s not the type to judge about these things... Xiumin thought uncertainly, but firm about his decision. “Lulu, the truth is, I actually do. I like you very much.” After answering Luhan’s question, Xiumin turned a bright red and turned away from Luhan.

 

Luhan was shocked to the point that he didn’t say anything. When he finally found his voice, he asked in disbelief, “Really Minnie? Maybe you misinterpreted your feelings as something else.”

 

Xiumin looked at Luhan, dejected and heartbroken that Luhan didn’t believe in his sincere confession. “Maybe I should go,” Xiumin said at last, not answering Luhan’s previous comment. Xiumin gathered his stuff and said, “thanks for having me over,” as he walked out the door, and Luhan was left sitting on his bed while his thoughts rampaged.  

---------

hi readers!~ thank you for reading and comments are welcomed~~<3

sorry this hasn't been updated til now ;u;

hope you liked reading it and thank you<3