Into the future

Seven Days

I shivered from my spot at Kyuhyun’s feet. My future, why did I get the feeling that it was not something I wanted to see? The elevator came to an abrupt stop making me stand as Kyuhyun roughly grabbed my shoulder.

“Behind these doors, resides a version of you that will happen if you continue on the path you are currently on.” Kyuhyun says as I glare at him already upset with him and his big words.

“We just had a small fight, it’s not like she left me.” I reply just as the doors open revealing an frustrated me glaring at Shinee’s table as Rin sat between Jonghyun and Key laughing happily.

“Well, nice to see she hasn’t changed.” I snarl crossing my arms and eyeing the small girl I loved.

“She isn’t with you, she is with them.” Kyuhyun said as he pointed to the table where Super Junior sat. I saw how the me of the future sat in silence as the others attempted to talk with him.

“Why am I ignoring everyone?” I ask eyeing Kyuhyun. The taller makanae ignored me in favor of allowing his fingers to ghost through Rin’s hair. I felt a surge of jealousy go through me at the action.

“She left you, she left because of how you treated her. You Kim Ryeowook, drove Lee Rin away.” Kyuhyun stated making me blink at him.

“I drove her away?” I ask in disbelief. Kyuhyun nodded his head before moving to the elevator once more. I quickly follow not wanting to be left behind. When the doors closed, Kyuhyun turned to me, a long bony finger gently tilting my chin up.

“This is your future, without her.” Kyuhyun tells me as the doors once again open, this time revealing Rin in a white dress, and at her side was Kim Jonghyun. Everything froze as I watched her marry my dongsaeng. In the crowd were the members of Super Junior, all but me.

“Where am I?” I ask searching for my absent form. Kyuhyun follows my gaze before smiling.

“You refused to come.” the ghost explained earning my attention.

“I refused to go, but why, why isn’t she marrying me?” I panic. Kyuhyun glared at me with equal anger.

“You refuse to go, because of jealousy. She refuses to marry you because of jealousy.” he explains.

“So jealousy is our problem.” I ask making the ghost nod his head. I return my eyes to the girl I loved all dressed in white standing beside a man that wasn’t me.

“Take me from here ghost, I wish to see no more.” I whisper closing my eyes as I hear the doors shut.

“Unless you fix the present, this will be your future.” Kyuhyun’s voice filled the small elevator as tears rushed from my eyes.

“What’s next, my present?” I ask meaning it only as a joke, only to turn and find Yesung nodding behind me.

“Great guess dongseang.” he smiled before pressing a button sending us rocketing upwards.