Back to the Past

Seven Days

"Ryeowook are you even listening to me?" Her dark eyes flashing with frustrated anger. I nodded as I continued applying my makeup for the show. Heaving a sigh, I hear Rin walk away. She knew better than to disturb me when I was getting ready for my fans. I smile at the thought of seeing them and hearing them cheer.

"Ryeowook get your head out of the clouds and listen to your girlfriend!" Sungmin ordered pushing a still angry Rin before me. I turn to her in annoyance before crossing my arms.

"What?" I ask, my voice short and clipped.

"I asked if you wanted to go to Shinee's Christmas party with me next week?" Rin asked waiting for an answer. I glare at her, a Christmas party? She wanted to ask me that right now before a concert?

“Rin, go away.” I tell her before returning to finish my task, just as the manager entered telling us we had five minutes. I quickly began picking up my pace in the mirror. The concert was going great, fans from all over screamed and called our names making us smile and give our all. This was what I lived for, this was my dream come true. It lasted several hours, dancing, crying, laughing. All of us loved it. As I entered the waiting room, I was greeted not with the regular hug I received usually, but a manager handing me a folded paper with Rin’s broken Korean scribbled on the lines. She had left, gone to a friends for the remaining week for some peace. Anger filled me as I crumpled the note and threw it in the trash. I avoided the looks from the others knowing they understood what had just happened. In the van, Sungmin and Kyuhyun, the two closest to Rin sent glares at me.

“What, it’s just a phase don’t worry.” I tell them turning my gaze to the window. Niether answer me, but I could tell they were against my current actions. When I got home, I readied for bed, and pulled the covers of my once shared bed over my head. With Rin gone, I could finally have all the covers. I could not have been asleep long, before something cold ghosted over me awakening me from my slumber. Opening my eyes, I noticed Sungmin’s figure standing over me.

“What the hell hyung, don’t scare people like that!” I snarl at him as he glares at me.

“Your actions lately have been atrocious Kim Ryeowook.” Sungmin snarled as he pulled me up by the shirt. I try pulling away, but his hold was too strong.

“Let me go hyung, what the hell are you doing?” I yell fighting against him. Sungmin pulled me behind him as we exited my room. I finally pull myself from his grasp as we get out of the dorm.

“Hyung what are you doing?” I ask in anger. Sungmin narrows his eyes before tossing me into the elevator and pushing the bottom floor. I wanted to protest, but I found myself quickly on the floor as the g-force of the falling elevator keeps me on my knees. I felt for sure we were going to die when the doors opened to reveal the inside of our dorm, Rin and I sitting pleasantly on the couch.

“This was just a few days after you started dating, do you remember?” Sungmin asks me as I move closer to the scene.

“What’s going on?” I question as my hand goes through when’s face as I try and caress her cheek.

“This is the past, the Sungmin you know, is still in bed sleeping, I am the ghost of your past.” Sungmin explained as the past me kissed Rin, holding her protectively in his arms.

“Wookie, can we have Chinese?” Rin asked leaning against her lover’s chest.

“Still annoying.” I growl as the past me tells her to get ready.

“It is one of the traits you loved most about her.” Sungmin said as he watched from beside the elevator. The past me was now the golden band of his new couple ring he shared with Rin.

“Do you even still have that ring, she does.” Sungmin said earning my glare. “Take me away from this scene, it means nothing to me.” I order walking to the elevator myself. I turn to the scene once more, the ghost Sungmin beside me. “Then to the next scene.” he replies as the elevator once again jerks to life. Our next place to visit, was Rin’s room at the hospital, her face was pale as the past me sat beside her holding her hand.

“You will be okay, I know you will.” Ryeowook told her making her nod. I look away knowing how scared she was. We had both been frightened at that time. I remember finding her just lying on the ground gasping for breath and clutching the floor at home as I tried to hold her and call an ambulance at the same time. It was an experience I never wanted to do again.

“You hurt because she was hurt. The two of you shared one heart. An unbreakable bond no one could ever break.” Sungmin smiled as I looked away remembering the way I felt at the time.

“I thought she was going to die, I thought I would lose her. I was ready to die beside her.” I whisper watching as my past disappeared before me and the elevator doors closed.

“Where to next?” I turn, but instead of Sungmin standing beside me, I saw Kyuhyun with anger in his dark eyes.

“Your future.” his voice was dark and malicious as if talking about my death.