Manage you, Manage me

Manage you, Manage me

 

Taemin woke up well today, readied himself to get started for the new day.

 

“Onew-ssi! Wake up!”

 

He knocked a couple more times, but there was still no answer. He tried twisting the door knob and was surprised Onew didn’t remember to lock his door. His manager was sure to lecture him for that, leaving his door unlocked so dangerously, waiting for some saesang fans to creep in?

 

“I’m coming in!”

 

Everything was quiet inside, except for the ticking of the analog clock on the wall. The window was also left slightly ajar, allowing for the white curtains to sway freely.

 

Taemin didn’t realise he was tiptoe-ing through the hallways to Onew’s bedroom. It was like he was the saesang fan breaking into his idol’s house.

 

He opened the door slowly to see a peacefully sleeping Onew lying under his comfy blankets. The curtains were dark and heavy to prevent natural light from flowing in, disrupting his sleep. The only yellow light on was from a small bedside lamp. Taemin closed the door carefully and approached Onew’s bed gingerly.

 

Well, he did ask for Taemin to wake him up.

 

“Onew-ssi,” Taemin nudged at his left shoulder, “Time to wake up.”

 

The celebrity only grunted and stuffed himself further into his comforter.

 

His manager giggled at this and tried harder to peel off the sheets. He walked up to the windows and drew the curtains, allowing for the morning sunlight to brighten the room.

 

“Aish, jinjia! I want to sleep!” Onew groaned and turned his back against the sun.

 

Taemin slid back to his bedside to nudge at him, “Wake up!”

 

“Help me up into the bathroom then, I’m so tired.” He complained.

 

The obedient dongsaeng wrapped an arm around his idol’s waist while putting Onew’s right arm over his shoulders to lift him up. They both walked clumsily to the bathroom.

 

“I-I’ll wait for you outside.” Taemin stuttered out, realising his position. 

 

He rushed out back into the living room with a blushing face. He had just touched Onew so easily, and he had one arm over his shoulders! He was so close to Onew for the first time.

 

The fan’s heart leaped in joy. It’s not that bad after all.

 

Taemin rubbed his face to rid of the hotness and to stop himself from grinning so wide.

 

“Manager, I want kimbap and cold noodles.” He said flatly.

 

Taemin jumped at the sudden voice behind him, not aware that Onew was already ready for the day.

 

“Rice and noodles? Really? Don’t you want toast?” He asked sarcastically.

 

Even so, Taemin promptly went into the kitchen and started making the dishes. He’s happy to cook for Onew, it’s as if it brings him closer to Onew.

 

As the saying goes: To conquer a man’s heart, you must first conquer his stomach.

 

And that’s exactly what Taemin plans to do. Save for that he isn’t hoping for some kind of exclusive relationship, but a better manager-artist relationship. He still wonders if Onew even knows his name.

 

Onew sat on the couch in the living room, casually reading the newspapers. He couldn’t help but steal glances at the man in his kitchen, making hm breakfast. Onew would never demand for his original Manager Lee to make such an elaborate breakfast for him. One thing was that Manager Lee was older than he is, and the other was that Manager Lee actually knew how to control him. Toast was really the maximum he could ask for from that family man.

 

Lee appa has been an entertainer manager for almost eight years. Because of his seniority and his strict personality, he was made manager of Onew. He was really the only one who could control and discipline that obnoxious Onew.

 

So it was interesting when Taemin came.

 

Onew has long heard of the fanboy son that Manager Lee has. He was often pestered to sign posters and albums for his son. And today, Onew has had the pleasure to meet him.

 

The artist found his new manager cute in many ways; how he never backed down to his hostility and always eager to learn. Onew was already a difficult person in the first place, but he doesn’t deny he was making things extra difficult for the younger.

 

He was pretty sure Manager Lee must’ve warned Taemin about the kind of person he will be facing. Yet Taemin was still willing to manage him. The boy must be really in love with the on-screen Onew.

 

On a side note, the cooking and enjoying Lee Taemin was undeniably adorable and captivating. His apron neatly wrapped around his petite waist and occasional wiping of his sweat on his sleeve. He is honestly working hard to make breakfast for Onew.

 

Yet he can’t help but want to bully the fanboy even more.

 

“Onew-ssi, it’s ready.” Taemin called from the kitchen as he set the table.

 

The artist strode over and sat at the table. He picked up a kimbap and ate it. It was amazing, best he ever tasted.

 

“It’s okay. Edible. Not too bad, I guess.” Onew commented simply.

 

Taemin’s heart dropped at the patronizing remarks. He’d put his heart into doing this for his idol and was almost sure it tastes good. Guess it’s just not enough for someone who always had luxury hotel-standards food.

 

“Shut up. For one who doesn’t know how to cook at all, I’m way ahead of you.” He shot back in offence, “Not sure what your fans sees in you.”

 

As he sat opposite and watched his idol eat slowly, he noticed the slight stiffness in Onew’s left shoulder.

 

“Onew-ssi, did you hurt your shoulder?”

 

“Just a little from yesterday’s show. I’m fine.”

 

“Are you okay to go for the dance practice later?” Taemin asked with concern.

 

“I told you, I’m fine. So noisy.”

 

“Don’t be an .”

 

After they were done with Onew’s meal, Taemin drove him to the dance studio for his practice. Before he left, he saw Onew gingerly stretching his shoulder muscles. It must’ve hurt a lot.

 

Then the manager went back to SM building to settle some paper work as well as collect the singer’s fan mails and presents.

 

That was when Taemin had the idea to slot in his own fan present.

 

He would usually have his appa to send his present to his idol, but now he could do it personally. But since Onew cannot know the huge crush Taemin has on him, the younger had to deliver his gift in another identity. 

 

He lugged the entire bag of fan mails into his the trunk of his car and drove to a nearby pharmacy.

 

“Annyeong, could you recommend me something good for aches and muscle strains?”

 

Taemin bought a scentless pain-reliever patch and some ointment to treat Onew’s muscle pains. And it was going to be his 367th fan gift to his number one idol.

 

Dear Onew,

                I’m your #1 fan! ;)

                Because you have been working so hard lately, here are some pain-relievers to help you in your work! Please use them so that we can continue seeing the refreshed you performing for us on stage!

                Saranghaeyo, hwaiting!

 

Yours truly,

Mint

 

He signed off the note with a kiss to seal it. He then carefully placed it together with all the other fan mails on Onew’s living room table before leaving the building again to fetch Onew back.

 

 


Annyeong! 

생일 축하합니다 ~

생일 축하합니다 ~

사랑하는 온유!~ 

생일 축하합니다!

Hehe Happy Birthday Jinki oppa! May all your wishes come true and be with the one you love forever more! 

 

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading and please comment!