Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

12 Days of Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There it is again. This time it's a box of my favorite chocolates with a note attached to it. "I know that this is your favorite. Have a wonderful day!  :D" I don't know who has been leaving these notes for me but whoever he is, I am really grateful. He always makes my day. I rememeber tthe first time I received these notes. I just arrived in Seoul from New York. I didn't know anyone here.

I left New York for Seoul to start a new life. You see, I was adopted. I don't know who my birth parents are except for the fact that I am of a Korean descent. My adoptive parents loved me so much that I never did really want to know who my birth parents are or why I was given up for adoption. I had the perfect life. Loving parents, a wonderful boyfriend and everything in my life was just perfect, I couldn't ask for anything more.

I thought that I have everything already but then, in just a blink of an eye, everything that I have disappeared. Mom and Dad got killed in a car accident on their way to Washington D.C. for a convention. My boyfriend cheated on me with my bestfriend. Everything just fell apart. I could not continue living in New York because everywhere I turn, the city is just too full of painful memories.

It was then that I decided to start a new life on the other side of the world. I packed my bags and bought a ticket on the first available flight out of New York to Seoul. I really don't care about the destination as long as I'm out of New York or the United States. Seoul is fine by me. I just know that I have to leave.

When I arrived in Seoul, I was able to breathe again. This time, I knew that I made the right choice going to Seoul. I enrolled at Hongik University and just started at the beginning. I did not have any trouble with the language since I already know how to speak, read and write, and understand Hangul. My parents made sure that I knew the language because they thought that maybe someday, I would like to visit Korea. 

I was already in Seoul for a week. One day, when I opened my apartment door, I saw a note. It said, "Welcome to Seoul! Have a wonderful day! :D". Little did I know that it would be the start of endless notes and little gifts. I was intrigued who sent me these notes. I don't know how he knew me or why is he sending me these. It 's already 1 year and 3 months since that first note and I realized that whoever he is, I have fallen in love with him. 

I told my friend and neighbor, Tao, that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter