Chapter 4

Sick Day

I heard the doorbell as I finished putting away the board games. "It's me, Taemin!" Taemin yelled as I walked to the door. He ran into the apartment when I opened the door.

"Hi, Taemin." I smiled.

Taemin smiled back, "Hi. I heard you were sick. I was thinking of the things that made me feel better when I'm down, and decided to do some of those things with you. It's to make both of us happier, really."

"Sounds fun. Whatd do you want to do first."

"Let's go eat ice cream." Taemin pulled on my hand.

"I should change, since we're going out." I walked to my room.

Taemin hummed as we left the building. "What flavor are you going to pick?"

"I'm not sure. I'll choose once I get there. Do you know?" I was glad we weren't walking fast. My legs were still a little sore from this morning.

Taemin smiled, "I heard they have a new flavor, cherry cheesecake. If it's true I'll choose that flavor."

He suddenly grabbed my arm and started running. Why Taemin? Don't make me suffer anymore. We finally stoped at a little store. We went directly to the toy section. "I knew they would have bubbles." Taemin picked it up. He paid for the bubbles and we left the store.

We went to a part with more trees than people and he started making bubbles. I laughed when he catched a small bubble and made it huge after blowing again. "Ooh!" Taemin yelled after he poped it. I also started poping bubbles, after a while we traded. We must've looked like two little kids playing with the bubbles.

Taemin put the bottle into his coat and we continued walking to the ice cream parlor. Taemin suddenly started shaking me and before running off he pushed me, letting me fall on the floor.

"Why do people keep treating me like this?!" I yelled at him "What's wrong with you?"

Taemin started walking slower and bent to pet a really cute puppy. I forgot about my frustration and joined him. It was a weiner dog. Taemin grabbed it and it his face. "I'm calling you Shin." Taemin hugged the puppy. "I want to take you home and play with you everyday."

I saw the dog's collar, "I hope you're not serious."

"I am. Everyone is going to love Shin." Taemin continued petting her.

"Taemin, Shin already has an owner." I looked around and spotted an elderly woman walking towards us. I got up, but Taemin kept playing with the puppy.

"My heavens, I've been looking all over for you. I barely saw you from a distance." the elderly woman said while still walking towards us.

"Is this your dog?" I asked her.

"Yes, she left running when I opened the car door. You know how dogs are, they don't really understand the consequences."

Taemin sadly looked at the dog and hesitated giving it to the woman.

"Thank you for the help." she said as she walked away.

"It's okay."  I wraped my arm around Taemin's shoulder. "I bet Shin was happy to meet you. Unfortunatly, he has to go back to her family. Come on, the ice cream will be my treat."

We went straight to the bathroom  to wash our hands when we arrived at the ice cream parlor. We both ordered the cherry cheesecake flavored ice cream. We ate our ice cream silently as we walked back to the apartment. Before actually getting to the apartment I stopped at the store where Taemin bought the bubbles and bought him a yo-yo.

At the apartment he played with the yo-yo in silence. "I miss Shin" Taemin pouted. Who knew he'd get so attached to a dog he saw in the streets. After a while I remembered I owned a stuffed weiner dog. I went into my room and looked for it amongst my things. "I found Shin!" I gave him the stuffed animal. "I know it's not the real thing, but it actually looks a lot like her." I looked at him. Taemin smiled at Shin and then hugged me tightly.

"Thank you." Taemin hugged Shin even tighter. "I'm going to go show Shin to the others!" Taemin ran to the door. "See you later."

"See you later." I said back as I closed my door.