O is for Oreos

The ABCs of E and H

O

What can go wrong with a box of Oreos?

It can be said that Seoljun and Yeongjin never fight.

Mostly because Seoljun’s a bit of a pushover and Yeongjin can remain impassive to the brattiest of tempers—but they like to think it’s because they get along so perfectly well.

Of course, even the most loving couples have their off moments.

In this case, Seoljun and Yeongjin are having their off moment.

Over an empty box of Oreos.

“Seoljun, you were the only one here!” Yeongjin grouses.

“But I didn’t eat them!”

Over a stupid, empty box of Oreos that Yeongjin had been saving.

Sometimes stupid things can make a person go completely stupid, this instance being a prime example.

“It’s right out here in the open! Do you expect me to believe some cat climbed through the window, took the box from the pantry, and ate them all?”

“You can believe anything you want, it doesn’t change the fact that I didn’t do it!”

They’re glaring at each other, having a standoff in the middle of the living room with fists clenched firmly on their sides. They would have gone on for hours, if not for a nonchalant Sanha waltzing into the room without a care in the world.

“Oh, hey guys,” Sanha speaks up, breaking the two from their glaring contest, “What’s up?”

“Sanha,” Yeongjin says, calm and cool, “Tell your dongsaeng that he shouldn’t lie to his elders.”

“Hyung,” Seoljun quickly rebuts, “Tell your stubborn friend that he shouldn’t jump to conclusions.”

Sanha looks from Yeongjin, to Seoljun, and then back to Yeongjin before deciding that he wants no part of whatever it is and diverts his attention to the empty Oreo box on the table. “Oh hey, Hayong hyung forgot to put away his trash.”

Yeongjin backtracks, his scowl quickly disappearing, replaced with a confused expression. “Hayong hyung?”

“Yeah,” Sanha says, gingerly taking the box and frowning in disapproval, “I saw him eat it when he came back. Honestly, that hyung. He shouldn’t leave his trash around like that.”

The information slowly sinks into Yeongjin’s brain. And after a while of processing, he raises his hand up to a (smugly smiling) Seoljun. “Don’t,” Yeongjin says slowly, “Not until after I kill Hayong.”


AN: I am grasping for words. I know.