P is for Perfume

The ABCs of E and H

P

(AU, continuation of L)

After the disastrous incident with the cologne, Seoljun is doubtful of Sanha’s new perfume.

“Come on, wear it! I swear I’m not pulling your leg this time!”

Seoljun scrunches his nose in disbelief, studying the garish pink bottle of perfume (it’s not even cologne, it’s just perfume) that Sanha has shoved into his hands. After that humiliating moment of wearing the cologne his favorite hyung is actually allergic to, it’s really no wonder Seoljun’s not so keen to trust Sanha with another one of his harebrained schemes.

“Trust me, Seoljun,” Sanha insists, clasping Seoljun’s hands in his, “It’s his favorite scent, he’ll love it! I’m just trying to help you with your date here.”

Seoljun frowns, and takes off the cap to take a tentative sniff at the scent. Fruity, he thinks, with a hint of cinnamon? It’s definitely not something guys would wear, that’s for sure.

“He’ll be all over you with this. Take my word as someone who’s known Yeongjin for a long time.”

Seoljun is still skeptical. As much as he wants to give in and trust Sanha, he has a grocery list of reasons not to. One of them, being, the fact that Sanha can sometimes be a jerk and ruin Seoljun’s miniscule chances with Yeongjin even though Sanha knows just how much Seoljun likes his friend.

Of course, this being Sanha, Seoljun rarely has a chance to say ‘no’ or to even get a word of protest in. Before Seoljun can even open his mouth Sanha has already sprayed some of the stuff right onto his face (he thinks he has some in his mouth) and shoves him out the door so fast Seoljun’s brain can’t keep up with what’s going on.

“Oh, I was just about to knock on the door, you ready to go?”

Seoljun barely has any time to think when he’s face-to-face (okay, not exactly face-to-face, face-to-empty-space-above-head maybe) to Yeongjin. Yeongjin a curious brow at him and asks, “What’s that smell?”

Maybe it isn’t too late for Seoljun to go back and wash his face and pretend that (honestly kind of suffocating) scent never graced his face, but Yeongjin leans in close to take a sniff at his face and Seoljun’s brain just melts into a pile of mush.

“Did Sanha spray you with perfume?” Yeongjin steps back and fixes Seoljun with a half surprised, half amused wide-eyed stare.

Seoljun doesn’t currently trust his brain capabilities to form coherent sentences (not when Yeongjin was so damn close, god Seoljun can still feel his breath on his face) so he nods mutely at Yeongjin’s inquiry.

“I knew it,” Yeongjin nods with certainty, “Honestly, damn kid can’t keep his nose out of people’s business. Sorry, did he do anything else?”

Seoljun’s quick to shake his head.

“He said it’s your favorite scent, though. Is it true?”

Yeongjin’s cheeks color a faint shade of pink, and it takes Seoljun’s all not to reach out and pinch them.

“Yeah, I really like it. See, I kind of have a thing for what people smell like so…sorry, you must think it’s pretty weird, huh?” Yeongjin smiles sheepishly.

Not at all, Seoljun thinks it’s really, really adorable. It almost makes him want to wear the (actually rather icky smelling) perfume everyday. Almost.

“Not at all, everyone has their own preferences,” Seoljun says, “You just happen to like scents.”

Yeongjin nods gratefully, and extends his hand towards Seoljun. “Shall we go then?”

Seoljun takes hold of Yeongjin’s hand (trying not to hyperventilate because oh lord this has got to be a dream) and they make their way out of the dorm.

“Though I definitely prefer your natural scent.”

“Sorry?”

“Nothing.”