As Time Goes On.

Silence.

~Kyungsoo~

Its been little over a year since I first met Ava and about seven months since I left my home to create a new one with her but things are getting progressively difficult for me. Seeing her imperfections, experiencing her temper and even seeing her drool while sleeping on the living room sofa has forced me to fall even deeper for her. My father has stopped contacting me and with a family like hers I feel as if things in my life are at their best. Now the only thing I crave is her, her lips, her affection and her gaze solely on me. At university she has become progressively more popular. Guys are asking for her number, she gets stared at and flirted with while were out in public and this is all too much for me to handle. We have been getting into more arguements than usual simply because I don't know how to express my feelings for her. I wanted to make a night out of it, out of my confession yet that plan went down the drain when our last argument happened. "I wish you would just quit. I already told you that I don't like him and I'm not going out with him. I invited you to come out dancing with me and some of our classmates already. What more could you possibly want?" Ava said in an exhausted tone. I can tell that she's tiered of putting up with the I have been giving her lately but I simply can't stop. "I want you to stay at home...with me." I say with as much courage as I can muster up in under 10 seconds. She looks at me through the bathroom mirror then turns around. Ava's hair is longer now. It reaches her right ear while the left side of her head is shaved quite low, she has been getting more male followers since she changed her hairstyle. While this hairstyle suits her quite well, I hate the attention she gets for it. "What did you say?" She asks with wide eyes and a shakiness in her voice that I have never experienced before. Her breathing becomes irregular as I approach her. "I want you to stay at home with me." She's sitting down on her stool in front of the mirror when I lean down and my lips brush against hers. I push forward not wanting to wait another second when I feel her hands on my chest. What I wasn't expecting was for her to push me away. Anger is displayed on her face, she's scared, I didn't mean to do this. I didn't mean to act this irrationally, I just want her. I just want to express how I have been feeling about her...

~Ava~

I feel his lips but it doesn't register, before I can stop myself I'm pushing him away. The look on his face tells me everything. "I'm so sorry A.." I cut him off by saying, "Please don't. Just get out. I need to finish getting ready." my tone is meaner more disgusted than I intended it to be but there's no time to fix it because the door is already being lightly shut. As I make my way to the front door to put on my shoes I can hear Kyungsoo's voice behind me telling me to be careful while I'm out and that if I need anything to call him. All I can do is grunt in response because my voice won't come out, I can't speak and its all his fault. At the club I drink and drink and drink. At first their fruity drinks, ones that remind me of the kool-aid that my mother used to make but it slowly progresses further to straight vodka shots in order to make me erase the picture of Kyungsoo's face, the look he gave me when I shoved him away; the fact that his pain was evident on his face forced me to comsume one last drink after the other.

~Kyungsoo~

If I would have known that my act of affection would've been taken that way then I may not have tried to kiss her. Even though I feel upset and disgusted I refuse to believe that she hasn't been feeling the same way about me. I know she may be afraid but she doesn't have to be scared when it comes to me. I sit in the living room waiting for her to return so that maybe we can talk for a little bit and I can recover as much of our friendship thats left. Hours later at about three am I vaguely hear something next to me, I feel a warmth thats sensational as I open my eyes. "Ava are you okay?" I asked worriedly. She hushes me ever so gently and places her arms around me. "Just let me sleep like this for tonight. My head hurts and I don't want to be alone." I hum in response and allow her to get comfortbale before I wrap my arms around her, gently placing a kiss on her forehead.