Stay.

Silence.

~Kyungsoo~

"I think that you should stay here. I have already talked to my grandmother as well as my mother and after knowing about your family life they both think that this is the best idea." Ava says with a warm smile and tearful eyes. This must be painful for her but I don't want to stay, I rather not be a burden, I rather leave now than be thrown away later. "Can I please go now?" I asked in a harsh manner. I was tiered of being helped no matter how good it felt to be wanted and protected; yet I felt weak all the same. My pride wouldn't allow me to just sit here and accept her offer. "My goodness Kyungsoo, what is wrong with you?!" She began to yell, Ava was at her limits. "Allow me to help you! Do you not want any help? Would you rather go home and get beat again?!" That hurt a lot more than she thought, it felt worse than when my father lays his hands on me, "I rather go home and get beat on then have to deal with this !" I leave the table and stomp back to the room she allowed me to take refuge in and don't hesitate slamming the door. Once inside of the room I begin to pack up all of the things that I have only to hear the door open once again. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that, I did not mean to curse at you or make you feel like nothing. I care about you hun and I rather not see you as miserable as you were last night. You can live with me here and this way we can be lonely together." There was that smile again, that soft voice, she was getting closer and I stood there frozen. We were face to face when I felt something soft on my right cheek,  I felt my spine perk up and my body catch on fire; please don't let this stop.

~Ava~

I couldn't stop once I decided to move forward. I was just going to hug him but instead I laid my hand on his cheek, I wanted to lean down to kiss him but decided against it. Things like this couldn't be permitted especially if I wanted him to stay here for a while and feel safe; my feelings would have to wait. Slowly I retreat back, allowing myself to catch my breath before I decided to look at him again. There was a hint of regret, confusion and surprise on his flushed face. Did he want me to continue? "Please just stay. I would feel a lot happier if you did." I pleaded with him and to my surprise he said, "Okay, I will stay but I need to go home and retrieve some of my things. My father should be at work so we won't have to worry about running into him." I felt an overwhelming sense of accomplishment after we gathered all of his belongings out of his old home. I felt happy knowing that we would be together and he'd be safe with me. Thanks to my grandmother I was able to give Kyungsoo a whole new wardrobe and a few pairs of shoes that didn't have holes in them. He constantly refused my grandmother's money as well as her opinion yet and still he accepted it all. She was happy to see me with a friend and I could tell that Kyungsoo was just happy period. "He's a handsome young man Ava." she cooed in my ear for the fifth time that day. "Even though the two of you are going to be living together don't allow your body to control you. Rememeber what your mother has taught you young lady." Grandma says in a surprisingly rough tone of voice. "Yes ma'am I agree with you. Nothing is going to happen because nothing is going on between us. Were just friends." She looks at me and then pats my back. Kyungsoo walks towards us with a smile on his face and three bags in his hands.