Chapter 38: Ugh

Childhood Friends....ish: A Parallel Universe

You stared at her in disbelief. Had she change so much to the point where she became blind to the things that really matter? You felt your hand being squeezed by Baek. "I don't understand" you whispered.

"No? What do you mean no? Miyoung, I knew you were stubborn but-"

Your mom wrapped her arms around Mrs. Bae, "No, its my fault. I missed you too, you have no idea, I thought you hated me" she was tearing up. Your mom was tearing up. "Oh my gosh Lina, honey, come here" she came over to you and wrapped hear arms around you the way she used to. Lovingly and warmly. She touched your cheek, "I'm so sorry. I thought I was helping you when I was just taking all my stress out on you. How are you suppose to forgive me?"

"Of course I forgive you mom" you smiled, "Of course"

She wiped her tears away and took a deep breath, "And you sir" she said, "You better take care of my daughter and if you don't, I'll hunt you down"

"Thats right, I agree" Mrs. Byun said, "Take care of her"

Baekhyun looked at her, "Who's side are you on?"

She just shrugged. You laughed, "Baek guess what!" You hugged him ever so tightly, "We did it!"

"Yeah" he hugged you back and swayed from side to side.

"And guess what else?" You chimed

"What?"

"I love you!"

He laughed, "Yeah? Well I love you more!" He spun you around and rubbed his nose against yours.

Your father cleared his throat, "I know you two are happy and all, but can you save it till I'm not here?"

You giggled, "Sorry daddy, my fault"

Your mom and Baek's mom stood side by side with their arms crossed, "So honey, how many kids do you want?"

You and Baek froze. You guys know the looks on their faces, "I'm suddenly regretting the decision to make them be friends again..." He said.

"Yeah, no kidding" you said

"When are you proposing Baekhyun, hmm? Will it be extravagant or private or cute or-" he cut his mom off.

"Hey Lina, lets go on a date" he said.

You laughed, "Okay" you gave your parents hugs, all four of them, "Bye bye!~" you chimed and held onto Baek's hand, "Where are we even going?" 

He shrugged, "Out of that room before the interrogate us like criminals." He thought for a moment, "What about a nice relaxing day at the park? We can take Dubu out and let him run around? How about that?"

"That sounds wonderful babe"

----------------

"Who's my favorite little doggy?" Baekhyun said, "You are!" He scratched Dubu's neck, "Such a pretty doggy" he latched on the leash, "So what I want you to do is run away from Lina and distract her so that I can sneak away and get her some flowers, got it?"

Dubu barked in understanding, then rolled over for a tummy rub.

You came out of your room, "Ready Baek?"

He got off his knees, "Yup" He opened the door and let you out, "So what should we do as an official non secret couple...to our parents at least"

"The same as usual" you shrugged, "But we can be less cautious now. We can hug more publicly. We can cuddle.

"And I can embarrass you in public"

"And I'll pretend that I hate you"

He pouted, "Noooo don't do that" he whined

"Okay" you agreed easily, "Lets go" you grabbed his hand and wrapped it around you.

He kissed your cheek bone, "Okay.....so....." He said.

"What?"

"Did you ever ask about your job?"

You nodded and smiled, "I'm gonna be working for Haneul pretty soon"

"Thats great!" Baekhyun said.

"You do realize that means I'll have less time for you"

"Oh......so good for you......but bad for me....." He sighed, "Looks like I have to enjoy you as much as possible" he grinned as he hugged you tightly.

"Okay" you chuckled, "Whoa! Dubu!" He ran off, "Come back here boy!" You chased after him.

Baekhyun nodded, "Good boy" he turned and snuck away.

"Dubu? You called. You looked around and noticed Baehyun was also gone, "Baek?" You retraced your steps to where Dubu had ran off and there he was. Dubu was sitting next to an incredibly handsome man who was holding flowers and chocolate named Byun Baekhyun. You scoffed, "Really....you two are so-ugh" you slung your arms around Baek's neck.

"Ugh? Is that good or bad?" He asked.

"Depends"

"Okay what is 'ugh' right now?"

"Good, very good. It means I really love you at the moment"

"I know" he leaned over, "And I love you" he kissed your nose.

You giggled and cupped his face, "Then prove it" you challenged.

"How?" He asked.

"I want two gold necklaces, three gold bracelets, a new watch, five new pairs of diamond earrings, chocolate, new name brand bags, new name brand shoes, flowers-"

He pressed his finger against your lips, "Shhh" he hushed you, "I got you flowers"

"But I also-"

"Shhhhhhhh! All I heard was flowers" he said.

You laughed and hugged him comfortably, "You're a dork"

 

______________

 

hey guys! I was just wondering whos story I should write next. I'll end up writing obe for everyone but I just would like some suggestions! Comment and Subscribe! Conment your suggestion too and im just being curious, you favorite story of mine! Thanks!