Chapter 39: Baby Pictures

Childhood Friends....ish: A Parallel Universe

"Would you like to do the honors?" Haneul asked.

"Would I?" You walked over to the door and turned the open sign off. And so ended your first day of work.

"So, how was it?" Haneul asked.

"Ah pretty good. My new boss is a complete weirdo though, I means she's so-"

Haneul glared at you.

"Beautiful beyond compare, I wish I was just like her"

She nodded, "Why thank you"

Chen strode through the door, "Noona!" He called, giving her a tight squeeze, lifting her up, "oh and Baekhyun's here for you too" he added, then returned to squeezing.

Baekhyun scanned your body, "You look good in a lab coat" he complimented.

"Please" you scoffed, "I look good in everything"

"I'm sure you do" he agreed.

You whistled, "Dubu!~" He scurried through the doggy door and attacked Baek.

"I missed you too!" Baekhyun said as he scratched Dubu's ear.

"Lina, I'm gonna get going okay?" Haneul said, not taking her eyes off Chen.

He smiled down at her, "Bye guys"

You followed them out and locked the doors, "So you tired?" Baek asked.

"Just a bit" you shrugged.

"Okay well I'm gonna pretend like you said a lot so that I can justify going home, cuddling, and sleeping with you"

You rolled your eyes, "You don't have to justify anything if I let you"

"So will you let me?"

"Mmm nope" you started walking faster until Baekhyun pued you back and sent you flying into his arms. He gave you a warm and fluffy hug. The best kinds of hugs. The ones where you could just feel how much he loves you with them.

He ran his fingers through your hair, "Seeing that your not pushing me away, I think you do wanna cuddle"

"Okay, maybe a little"

He looked down on you in the eye and raised an eyebrow, "Don't lie!~" he sang.

You smiled a bit, "Maybe a lot then" you squirmed out of his grip, "Come on Dubu! Lets head home and lock your father out!" You ran ahead.

He chuckled and rolled his eyes, "You do that!"

------------------------

You laughed happily, "I can't believe you did that mom!" 

"I know, I couldn't believe it either" your mom nodded, "And its all her fault"

Mrs Byun shrugged, "She was gonna have to start living someday" she sipped her tea, "So is Baekhyun here right now?"

"Mm" you nodded, "He's still asleep though"

"Good, cause in that case" she lowered her voice, "You wanna see some pictures, and I'll throw in some stories"

You giggled, "Why would I want to miss out?" You sat down at the kitchen table with your mom and Mrs Byun.

"When he was small, he wanted to be a superhero and after he'd shower he would tie the towel around his neck and run around singing his theme song" she looked through he bag and pulled out of photo of when he was around five and in cute airplane onesie pajamas.

You squealed, "He's so cute!"

"He also wanted to be a power ranger" she added.

You laughed and looked through more baby pictures, "He's so squishy looking"

"Oh he was squishy" Mrs Byun confirmed.

You mom picked one up, "Oh honey! You have a picture just like this!"

It was a photo of him with ice cream all over his face. You laughed, "K do? Where?"

Your mom opened her bag and pulled out her wallet, "Here"

"Whoa!" You were almost in the exact same position and wearing similar colors, but the ice cream flavor was different. You giggled and picked up the empty glasses and went to the sink to wash them.

Baekhyun plodded into the kitchen with his eyes half open. He successfully found you and wrapped his arms around you from behind, "Morning gorgeous" he mumbled.

"Morning" you turned and pecked his cheek, making him smile.

"Who were you talking to?" He said tiredly.

"Oh no one really, just our parents"

"Oh...are parents....." There was a silence. "Our parents?!" His eyes shot open and he tried to fix his hair and straighten his pajamas, "Mrs. Bae! Sorry you have to see me dressed-"

"Its fine, as long as my baby girl is happy"

"Oh okay go-" his eye caught on the numerous photos spread across the table, "Mom? You didn't!"

"But I did! You were just too cute!"

"No, put those away! Lina won't think I'm manly!"

"I also told her about Super Bacon"

"No! Mom!" He whined.

You hugged him, "Its adorable bae" you said. "Relax"

"Fine" he grunted.

"Okay, I'll put these away now" Mrs. Byun started picking ip the pictures.

"Wait! Can I have this one? Its cute" you said.

"Of course!"

"What? No!" Baekhyun reached for the photo but you pulled it away before he could get it.

"Nope!~" you sang and held it in front of his face, "Look at you, aren't adorable?"

He tried to swipe it away again but you dodged his hand.

"Uh uh uh" you wiggled your finger.

"Gimme that!" He whined. He lunged towards you, making you run. He chased you around the kitchen, entertaining your dear parents. He caught you and used one arm to hold you by the waist from behind and the other to get the photo. You held it as far away as you could. "Come on Lina, its over, just give it"

"But your so cute! Look at those cheeks!" You insisted.

He spun you around so that you were facing him and let your waist go and grabbed your free hand. He held out his free hand, "Give"

You scoffed, "You can't tell me what to do"

"Please?" He said cutely. You had no reaction. "Linnnaaaaaa!" He whined.

"Mmmmm" you shook your head.

"Get over here!" He went after you again only for you to stuff the picture in your shirt.

"Ha! Try getting it now!" 

"Now thats not fair" Baekhyun whined, "Thats cheating"

"Alls fair in love and war~"

"This isn't love or war.....wait yes it is..." He pouted. "Fine. But I should get some meat on you too" he told you. "Mrs. Bae, can you tell me-"

"Of course I can" your mom clasped her hands together.

"Mom!" You said.

"When Lina was small she....."

You covered Baekhyun's ears as if it helped, "Mom stop it!"

Baekhyun pulled you hands away, "Shhh, enjoy the story"