F I N A L

When The Snow Reaches Your Cheek

Author POV

For the first time ever Kris has the use for his laptop and Amber was never out of her room. Before their departure, everyday they had spend it with each other in their warmth. Each day was a new discovery and adventure as they learned about each other, able to understand one another to the core. They had promised that even if Amber was back home, they would abuse the power of the internet and Skype to see each other if time allowed them.

Amber had one more semester of high school while Kris had promised to enroll for the next fall semester at a near by university. Their separation was bitter-sweet but their motivation to make this work was what kept them strong.

Once school started for Amber they had a set time each day were they would webcam each other and talk about their day and how much they miss each other. Even though Amber would be tired by the time they contacted each other whenever she saw Kris's gummy smile on the other side in his blue apron seemed to make her feel energetic. 

Everything seemed so perfect and that in just five months Amber would be visiting for the summer and would be back in his arms... Or so she thought.

Problems began to surface between the couple as they came into the fourth month  of being in a long-distance relationship, involving a brand new co-worker where Kris worked. Everyday he would use his hour break for lunch to talk to Amber; it was a perfect system until his aunt hired a new girl that just smelled like trouble. He will admit she knew how to do her job but it was the constant pestering and false comments she would make to interrupt his time with Amber.

" So yeah today when I came to open up their was this really cute old couple and it reminded me of us--"

" Yifan!!!!!!"

Not even fifteen minutes into their conversation they were interrupted by an annoying high pitched voice and the sound of heel clacking against the tile becoming louder as they made their way closer.

" I told you to stop calling me that! What do you want Min?" The frustration sliding of his tongue and his face more intense than usual.

" Your aunt said that you need to teach me how to stock the freezer."

" In a little bit. Can you see I'm in the middle of a conversa--"

" No right now! You have to make it up for not taking me out!"

Without even a chance to stop Min's actions she closed his laptop and pulled him out of his seat dragging him halfway down  the hall before ripping his arm out of her grasp.

"What the hell is wrong with you! My girlfriend lives on the other side of the Pacific ocean...!"

Before he could hear any of her protect he raced down back to the break room opening his laptop and waiting it for it to come off its sleep mode. Moments later only to be met with a blank screen and a 'call end'.

"!"

----------

Amber ended up staying with some friends in San Francisco during her summer break. That one disastrous Skype call irritated the now pitch black hair colored female to the core. What did that girl mean, 'taking her out?' was he dating someone behind her back? Did he finally get tired of of their relationship? Nothing made since anymore.

Since then all they did was fight and bicker of pointless things. Amber believing Kris was cheating on her while Amber would suddenly end their call quicker than usual. Everything was falling apart. They still called everyday despite the tension between them until one day, Kris didn't answer... And the next day, and the day after that and so on. Kris had a breakdown, he couldn't do this anymore.

Her entire summer was spend walking up and down the streets of San Francisco, fearing that if she saw her bed or the inside of a house for too long all she would do was cry. Amber didn't want to cry, she didn't want to believe every fell apart so quickly.

All she wanted was for Kris to come back to her.

----------

The new school year arrived and soon enough it was time for Amber to visit her family once more. She had decided to take a year off from her studies fearing she wasn't exactly ready to enter a university but it didn't stop her from applying to them anyway.

Kris still worked at the family restaurant and despite no longer together, he kept his promise to Amber and had just finished his first semester of university. It was hard work but knowing a certain someone would be proud of him was the only reason he smiled.

Everyday he regrets ignoring Amber, basically ending things so rashly, everyday his heart ache for that voice of her, the laughter that would break down all of his cold barriers.

It was Christmas Eve; something sparked inside Kris and Amber that made them both grab their coats and walk out the door.

----------

It was colder than last year and it was already snowing as Amber walked down the same path she did exactly one year ago; it was a shame the only got to spend Christmas with each other once. All those memories started to flood back in her view. Standing in the same exact spot as when Kris had confessed.

A sad smile came across her lips as her eyes looked upon the snow covered ground. Could have they loved each other, could have Kris fallen in love with her? It was hard to even think about those questions when Amber had realized she had fallen in love with the giant.

Her eyes began tear up, running down her cheek, hand clenched into tightening fist trying to hold back her sobs, unaware of a pair of feet cautiously walking toward her.

" I-I'm sorry," whispering under he quivering breath, " I love you."

" Say it again."

Before Amber could question who that voice belonged to, her nose caught the scent or something, someone very familiar as she could feel her body slowly being consumed by a pair of long arms.

" Please... Speak those words again."

Out of pure instinct Amber s her arms around the other waist, gripping onto them tightly and began to cry, her words muffled by the others coat and sobs be he could hear her clearly.

" I-I love you Kris."

Kris unwrapped one of his hands to cup Amber's soft but teary cheek into his palm, swiping his thumb of her tears only to be replaced by small snowflakes kissing every single one until he reached her rosy lips kissing them sweetly.

"I love you, Amber."

Amber had no words to say only able repeat his exact actions kissing his lips, molding together as one and only parting when their lungs called for air.

" I'm so sorry, Amber..." once again placing countless kisses on her face until her cheeks here pink, " I'm sorry."

" A-Are you going to school?"

" Yeah. I told you I would."

"Good... I... I will be joining you next year."

" Really?" Kris couldn't believe his ears when Amber told him that they would be attending the same university.

" Yes, but you have to promise me something..."

" Anything!" His large hands clasping her once more, both looking at each other with so much love.

"Keep me warm... I'm cold."

Just like that Kris embraced Amber once more, making sure he would never let her go again.

" I swear it."

 


A/N: YAY!! Finished it right on Christmas!! Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope you Krisber lovers enjoyed my gift to you :D