O N E

When The Snow Reaches Your Cheek

Amber POV

I was never one to believe in love at first sight. Sure some of my friends had found their 'one' but I was just never a person to take it so seriously. Of course there are those times where you meet someone's gaze and you can feel the attraction between each other but nothing more.

I wait for the spark when my eyes see them. Feeling that spark should not just come the first kiss but from the first moment you meet because that's when you can see a future with them. Ever since I was young, those were my views but I never thought I would ever get that feeling, those fireworks in my chest.

Who would of thought in my 18 years here on this earth, the pounding in my chest would of happened on my vacation to China when I bumped into someone as I walked out of my aunt's home that took my breath away.

I had seen my spark.

His tall body matched well with his broad shoulders, dark-root blonde hair that ended just below his ear. The big gummy smile he flashed at me when our eyes met.

"Ah I'm sorry!"

"Oh no it's my fault I was distracted!"

Without knowing each other's actions we both bowed at the same time, despite the height difference we managed to slam our heads together.

"OW!" Both of us in unison cry out our pain, only to look back at each other holding our heads and erupt into a laughing fit. I could feel my stomach cramping from the laughter as I straightened my posture, the pain in the back of my head easing away.

"Ah...I'm sorry, again." Only nodding my head in account I do not want a bigger bruise in the middle of my head. I could feel my face burn up from the embarrassment as I tried to hide my face within my white scarf. Then I heard him chuckle; if surprised me since it sounded to raspy and deep.

I liked his laugh.

"Guess we're both pretty klutzy, huh?" he smiled at me with his eyes tight shut also rubbing the spot on his head where we collided.

"Yeah...sorry again."

"No need to apologize Miss...?"

"A-Amber." I actually stuttered from the sound of his voice. I am not some 16 year old teenager anymore, you think someone my age wouldn't be freaking out over some guy talking to me. Okay, scratch that a really good-looking guy. Of course I would start to feel insecure, this god like creature is here smiling at me, a short, curve less woman that finds joy in sweatpants and jeans than dresses and skirts. 

"It's nice to meet you. Yi Fan or Kris if that sounds better." He reached out his hand to mine as if he wanted to shake it. I guess he's American like me if he isn't going to bow. I went ahead and took his hand in mine, those fingers of his clearly twice the size. We both smiled at each other and there was a loud beat with in my chest.

"Nice to meet you to Kris." 

Our hands had stopped moving as I loosened my grip but he stayed tight. I looked up and the parting of his lips looked like he wanted so say something, so I waited, not wanting him to let go of my hand.

"If you're not busy right now... did you want to get some coffee?"

The grin on his face looked so awkward on him as his face turned a tint of red, it was actually really cute.

"Hmm, sure. I have time."

"Good!"

 

Kris POV

One could never believe how crappy my life has been since I moved. I have only lived in China for a few months after getting kicked out of school which resulted in my parents kicking me out of their home.

Traveling over the Atlantic Ocean was not one of my categories on my bucket list but now here I am living with my aunt and helping her run the family restaurant. The air was nipping at my finger tip's as I walked down the neighbor hood waking up at 6 am everyday just to go open up.

I don't why I would have to leave so early when the rush isn't until about 10. There was no benefits for me or my aunt dragging my out of bed, or so I thought.

One minute I'm walking near Miss Liu's home and the next a small force pushed into my chest making me startle back.

I couldn't believe it when my eyes caught a glimpse of a bright bleached blonde head below me. Her eyes were so dark they looked like galaxy when the street lights reflected off. She was so different and I have only seen her features.

Guess it was fate when we both made the mistake of bowing when the top of her head crashed into my forehead. Who knew first meetings were to violent. Both of use were embarrassed and I couldn't help but to stare at her. She didn't notice but my eyes never left her. We exchanged a few words and I found the perfect opportunity to find out her name... Amber.

Her name was so beautiful, I knew from then on I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible. I have no idea why and I have only know her for a few minutes. 

I did what any gentlemen would do and led her to my favorite coffee shop, work could wait for a bit.

"I know this great shop down the ways a little, best stuff!."

Who would of thought that early mornings would make my heart flutter? 


A/N: So yeah this is going to be in 3 parts. :D Hope you like the first part. Leave me happiness okay?