Chapter 5

Married to an Idol

Chapter 5 

 

"Xiumin, shoot!" Luhan ordered Xiumin across the field as he ran towards the goal post, ready to block Suho from preventing his team mate from scoring a goal.

"Goal!!" Tao shouted as he ran around the school field, arms flailing in the the air. Xiumin's team mates - Tao, Luhan, Sehun, Jong In and Kyungsoo - gathered around for a group hug while the rest of the Exo gang, under Suho's team sighed in defeat.

"You guys, as promised!" Kyungsoo reminded Suho's team over the deal they made before the game. The losing team will have to treat the whole gang to a meal of Yangnyeom Tongdak - seasoned fried chicken.

"Hyung, do what you do the best." Chanyeol grinned widely at his team captain. "Aishh, why is it always me?" Suho slumped his shoulder and kick the grass as Baekhyun jumped onto his back.

"Because you're rich." Baekhyun whispered to his ears.


"Girls, Suho's treating us today!" Jong In shouted in victory as he came closer to Soyeon, Hyeseong and Hyerin who were sitting under a huge tree to shade themselves. "Assa!" Haerin immediately stood up and pick up her school bag at the speed of light.


"Our Baekhyunnie lost?" Hyeseong pouted sympathetically at her approaching boyfriend.

"Naahh, I let them win." Baekhyun heaved his chest and took an arrogant stride towards the shade.

"What? Puhleasee...we lost because of your short legs." Chanyeol whacked Baekhyun at the back of his head and ran off laughing, just before Baekhyun could hit him back.


"Jong In.." Soyeon playfully bats her eyelashes as she reach out for Jong In to help lift her up. With both hand, Jong In took Soyeon by her arms and pull her up without much effort. Soyeon lost balance and almost fell on Jong In but was quick to retrieve her balance. "Omo! Thank God I didn't fell on your sweaty body. Or else I'll stink of your horrible sweats." Soyeon chuckled cutely.

Jong In's heart skipped a beat. He was glad that his blushing cheeks was under the pretense of being flushed after the game. Jong In playfully pushed Soyeon as she walks away with a sly smirk. "I'm not smelly. I smell awesome!"


"Ehem." Out of nowhere, when Jong In thought he was alone with his thoughts, Haerin stood beside him. "I saw sparks flying about just now. Was it you?" Haerin whispered, careful not to be heard by their other friends.

"I don't know what you mean." Jong In scoffed at the bobbed-haired girl. As he was about to walk away, Haerin raised her voice by a notch, "Do you want me to tell you what I meant?" Jong In immediately turned around and cupped his large hands over Haerin's plushed lips. "Shuushh, araseo. Can you please let it go?"



​Haerin was the only living person who knew about Jong In's feelings towards Soyeon. Haerin has a talent for being super observant and she has the ability to remember everything she sees right down to the smallest detail. It was she who noticed the longing feeling Jong In had for Soyeon. The look he gave her, the genuine smile that was always meant for her and the heart that belongs to her. Haerin had long approached Jong In regarding this matter, but Jong In felt undeserving for someone like Soyeon. All he needs was time.


But time waits for no man.


---


 

"Ahjumma! Annyeonghaseyo~" The gang greeted the ahjumma that runs the seasoned fried chicken stall that they frequently visit. "Give us a serving for fifteen people" Suho ordered as they took a seat on a long table. 

When it comes to food, it took the boys (and girls) no time to finish up the big servings. You'd think the boys contributed much on their share of eating. They did. Of course boys will always be boys when it comes to food. But no one thought the petite Lee Soyeon could eat as much as the boys.




After they were done eating, Haerin and Hyeseong had to leave early to get ready for a family dinner they're having. Being the perfect boyfriend, Baekhyun went to send the sisters home and Luhan and Lay tagged along as their house are nearby to the step-siblings' home. 

Chanyeol decided to have some ice cream, so he invited Tao, Sehun, and Chen along. "You guys sure have separate stomach for meal and desserts huh?" Kyungsoo commented, his stomach full. 


The meal turned out to cost more than Suho could afford and he took note that the whole gang shouldn't ever eat together again. Suho turned to the remaining members who were about to leave the shop. "Guys, can you help me?I'm short of money."

Each one of them chipped in whatever they have left, which is not much, considering that they're still students. They were still short of money. "Otteoke?" Suho dug deeper in his pockets, perhaps by miracle, money will start to grow inside his pockets.

"I can just let it go, but the differences is too much." The ahjumma smiled apologetically at the group of students before her. "Here's an idea what don't some of you help me at the shop for an hour and I'll consider your wage as the payment?"
Suho turned to his friends at the suggestion. "Guys?"

 

"I'll do it!" Soyeon raised her hand, ready to get to work. After all, she did eat a lot. Really. A lot.

"Aa..ahh, me too then." Jong In found himself agreeing to the proposal, not missing the chance to spend more time with Soyeon.

Xiumin heaved a sigh of relief at as Jong In volunteered. "I have to go home though, sorry. Thanks for the food Suho!" Xiumin smiled mischievously and sped off.

"Well, that leaves us then." Kris turned to look at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo and Suho ended up having to wash the dishes while Kris, Jong In and Soyeon were in charge of taking down the orders. Instead of feeling troublesome, Jong In enjoyed the extra time he had with Soyeon. To see her friendly face smiling up to the customers, how his flesh tingles when they accidentally brushed their hands as they wiped the tables together. Jong In always find these moments interesting.

Soyeon was his childhood friend. Since when does this feeling began to develop?