Chapter 16

Married to an Idol

Chapter 16


 

BRRTT BRRTT

 

"Jung Kook! Your phone!" Suga hollered from across the practice room. A nonchalant smile tugged at his lips as he unlocks the phone and read its content.

Jung Kook waltz across the floor, sweats trickling down his forehead. "Hyung, don't read my messages!" he whines.

"Yah, who is this ahjumma?" the elder asked, ignoring the maknae's protest as he handed the phone to Jung Kook.


 

From: Ahjumma Soyeon
I'm outside your company building. Hurry up~

 

"Lee Soyeon," Jung Kook answered with a mischievous grin.

"Your wife? Why do you call her ahjumma? Shouldn't you be calling her yeobo or aegi or something sweetly disgusting?" the eldest, Jin asked from beside Suga.

"Nope. I find her nagging much like an ahjumma. She doesn't mind it though, me addressing her as ahjumma." Jung Kook paused as he put on his sweater. "So you shouldn't too."


Jin rolled his eyes whilst Jin threw an empty bottle of water an the maknae's back. In return, the maknae blew a rasperry and walks out.

 

 

 

"Kai-ah, let's go to the conveniece store. I want a coke~" the taller male whines as he tugs on the sleeves of the said male by his side.

Kai lets out a soft sigh and pockets his hands, "Fine, let's go. But you have to buy me a chocolate bar in return." Chanyeol smiles and walk towards the convenience store across the road with Kai on tow, leaving Soyeon all alone.

 

"Aish, why must he tag along?" Soyeon mumbles under her breath as she pockets her phone. Soyeon knew that  if she were to stay a second longer at her school, all of her frinds would want to tag along to meet the Bangtan Boys. To avoid that, Soyeon rushes out with Kai only to stumble across Park Chanyeol, and boy was he eager to meet those idols. Sigh. And no one simply walks away from the happy virus.

 

Beeep

 

The glass door unlocks and Jung Kook stepped out. A small smile tugs at the corner of his lips as he saw the side profile of the lonely girl standing a few steps away from him. The ends of her long dark hair brushes against the spring breeze, her milky complexion radiates gracefully and the dark orbs of her eyes glints under her long lashes.

 

Just as he was about to call out her name, a familiar handsome face walks towards her and hands her a can of drink. His smile faltered. Her lips curls as she thanked him and Kai smiles in return; a smile Jung Kook can never forget, that of fondness and affection.

 

"Jung Kook! Bro!" A deep voice called out and Jung Kook shook his thoughts away.

"Uhh..ohh.. you guys are here too?" He finally noted the present of the third person.  Ahh..the loud guy. What was his name again?

"Sorry I had to bring these guys. They insisted on tagging along." Soyeon rolls her eyes as she sips the lemon tea.

"Yah! What do you mean by that? You dragged me along, remember? Only this buffoon insisted on tagging along." Kai rolls his eyes at Chanyeol who grinned widely without a single care.

 

"No, its okay." Jung Kook smiled at Chanyeol. "Come on in, its cold out here."

 

 


 

"So~ yeon-ah~" J-Hope smiled widely as soon as Soyeon stepped into the practice room. The sound system was blasting out loud rock music and Soyeon smiled in recognition at the familiar tune. J-Hope jogged towards her side and open his arms - ready to embrace her when out of nowhere, V pushed him out of the way and rested his arms around her shoulders.

"Hello sister-in --" V began but was cut off when Soyeon covered his mouth with her hand. "They don't know, remember oppa?" Soyeon whispered. 
J-Hope mentally rolled his eyes and slung an arm on Jung Kook's shoulder instead.

 

"I see you've brought your friends along?" Rap Monster came to greet Chanyeol and Kai with a bro fist and a shoulder slump. "I'm Rap Monster. You can call me Nam Joon if you'd like."

 

"Park Chanyeol." "I'm Kim Jong In, but you call me Kai." Chanyeol and Kai each took turn to introduce themselves and continue to marvel at the huge room, lined with huge mirrors and posters.

 

"Our manager hyung is out to buy us some food, he'll be back soon." Rap Monster continued as the other members came to shake hands with the bewildered looking Chanyeol and Kai. "We're sorry to disturb you - but someone here ordered me to come as soon as possible." Soyeon glared at Jung Kook who was now walking towards the sound system.

 

"Its okay. We were just fooling around right now, the usual" J-Hope offered a kind smile and grabbed a microphone. "Want to join us?" 

 

"Its okay I can't--"

Just before she could finish her sentence, Jung Kook cut her off. "She can't sing. Trust me on this one." Chanyeol laughed out loud while Jong In just looked to and fro between Jung Kook and Soyeon who was blushing furiously.

"Thank you for that Jung Kook-ssi, but I really can't sing oppa," she looked up at the other members, "But Chanyeol here knows how to rap though,"

 

"Really? That's great. Let's have a freestyle rap battle." Suga beamed enthusiastically and handed Chanyeol a microphone.

"Err... sure!" Chanyeol took the mike without hesitation and huddled together with the rest of the Bangtan Boys.

 

Suga steadily started it off and paused for Rap Monster to jumped in. V eagerly his microphone and began to rap words that does not make sense. Chanyeol finally found the confidence and jumped in, wowing the crowd with his deep, steady rhythm - to which everyone applauded out of impress. Jung Kook who was then busy goofing around with V suddenly burst out with an astonishing note. He was singing to the lyrics of a song unknown to Soyeon.

 

Kai turned to look at Soyeon who has stopped laughing and was stunned at Jung Kook's impressive falsetto. She caught him staring and mockingly glared at him. "Stop staring and join them!" She pushed him towards Jimin who was dancing along to the rhythm. Kai immediately felt the beats and his hips gracefully along with the music. "You look y Jong In!" Soyeon called out while pumping her fist in the air.

 

"Uuhhuumm...he sure is. You've got some competition there Jung Kook," Jin raised an eyebrow and smirked at Jung Kook. Jung Kook pretended he had not heard the comment and cleared his throat. He continued singing - louder this time and nailed a very high note. A proud smile spread across his face when Soyeon rounded her eyes in surprised; a wide smile spread on her face. "You're good..." 

 

 

---

 

"Arghh.. I can't believe we stayed there for so long!" Chanyeol stretched his long limbs as they walk towards Soyeon's current home - her grandfather's.

"Its your fault for wanting to eat with them.." Soyeon mumbled as she fished out the copy of the signed contract out of her school bag.

"I can't help it. They're a bunch of fun guys!" Chanyeol perked up and fished out his phone - replying a text message from J-Hope. They had became so close to the extent of exchanging phone number and it has not even been an hour since and here they are - texting with each other.

 

Kai's doubts and curiosity of Soyeon's closeness with the Bangtan Boys had finally resolved - the boys were just a bunch of friendly dorks. No wonder she was really close with them. It'd be no surprise if Soyeon had hit it off with them on their first meet.

 

"Here, I think you should keep it." Soyeon handed the file containing the agreement to Kai. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Three days to the D-day!" Kai flashed a tired smile and pats Soyeon by the shoulder. The latter waves a goodbye at her two friends and walked inside the grand home.

 

 

---

 

"Have you eaten harabeoji?" Soyeon asked her grandfather as she set her school bag on the couch and gave him  a peck on the cheeks. "Yes, I have. Why were you late?" "School stuffs." Soyeon gave a tired yawn and ran upstairs. With no dinner to rush with, Soyeon took her time in the shower, pampering herself before walking back downstairs where she had left her bag.

 

"Where's Jung Kook?" her grandfather asked, not looking up from the book he was reading. "He has practices. He'll be back soon. Don't worry harabeoji.." Soyeon pouts as she plonk herself on the soft carpeting by the coffee table. Sigh. She grabbed her bag and took out her textbooks, ready to get on with her homeworks. Yes, even with the whole school busy preparing for the school festival, teachers never seemed to forget to provide the students with homework. Heavy sigh.

 

Her grandfather chuckles and continued scanning the pages of his copy of Edogawa Rampo.

 

Over an hour passed and Soyeon was finally done with her homeworks. She groaned in relief and rested her head on the table. "Soyeon...don't sleep. I can't carry you like I used to anymore.." her grandfather warned as he close his book; done for tonight. "Just a min--" and she was off to dreamland.

 

Beep Beep. The front door unlocks.

 

"Good now that you're back. You can carry her to her room." Soyeon's grandfather light up as soon as Jung Kook walked into the living room. "Hurm?" Jung Kook an eyebrow in confusion and finally understood what the old man meant when he saw Soyeon hovering over the mahogany coffee table. 

 

"Soyeon-ah.." Nothing. "Soyeon.." Again, nothing. "Yah, Ahjumma!" Jung Kook shook her body. Soyeon stirred a bit but showed no sign of waking up.

 

"She sleeps like a log when she's dead tired." her grandfather chuckles as he slowly walks back to his room, his breathing heavy.

 

Jung Kook clicks his tongue and walk upstairs to wash up. She'll wake up on her own..

 

Accept that she doesn't. Jung Kook walked back downstairs and saw that Soyeon was still sleeping in that uncomfortable position. "Aish.. this girl." Jung Kook cussed and bend down to her level.

 

Gingerly, he swept her long locks away from her face and place an arm under her knees. He grunted as he tried to balance her while standing up on his feet. He lets out a breathe and locks an arm at the back of her neck. Carrying her bridal-style, Jung Kook sigh as he looked  up at the long staircase. Soyeon shifted to a more comfortable position and draped an arm around Jung Kook's neck and inhaled in the sweet scent of his freshly laundered shirt.

 

While walking up the staircase, Jung Kook accidently crashed his lips on Soyeon's forehead. Stunned at the contact, he pulled his head back and increase his speed. After the climb, the rest of the walk was easy. He pushed open Soyeon's bedroom door with his back and gingerly place her under the cover.

 

"You sure are heavy.." he shooks his head as he pulled the covers over her petite figure. "But I guess I'll have to do more workouts."

 

 


 

 

Author's Note;

I hope you like this one. I still don't think it was fluffy enough, but there'll be more to come. Thank you again for the subscriptions and suggestions. I enjoyed reading your comments! I really liked it and I'll try my very best to write as to your suggestions. 

Also, thank you for your well wishes! I'm so touched by it. I love you guys. :D

 

*Ehem* Okay here's a gif(t) for you guys.