Chapter 2

Married to an Idol

Chapter 2 

 


Jung Kook doesn't want this as much as Soyeon. He has his career ahead of him. What would his fans think? What would his friends think?

Jung Kook sneaked a glance at Soyeon who was sitting by her mother's side. It was obvious that she was almost at tears. quivering, holding back her tears of frustration.

Soyeon refused to look at Jung Kook. Of all people, why must it be Jung Kook? Her schoolmate. An idol, a boy as young as her. 


Soyeon finally stood up and walked out of the cafe. She can no longer hold back her tears. Jung Kook's mother signaled him to go after her. Hesitantly, he stood up. His resounding heavy footsteps echoed in the empty cafe.

Once out the door, Jung Kook saw Soyeon turning at a corner and disappeared from his sight. Jung Kook pick up his pace to catch up with her. When he finally rounded up at the corner, he saw Soyeon sitting on one of the swing at a nearby playground.





Soyeon looked up to see Jung Kook sitting across from her by the slide. His expression appeared sullen. Why wouldn't he? His dream and freedom would be tied and chained by a vow made by two high schooler who does not love one another.

"Say, is there any way we can pull out from this arrangement?" Jung Kook broke the ice.


"I don't know." Soyeon replied without looking up. "I'm thankful that your harabeoji saved mine. But must they make this stupid promise? I don't want to do this. What will happen to my future? There's a lot of things I want to do, to see, to experience."  


Jung Kook nodded in understanding. "So do I. It's only been over a year since I debut. I have a lot more I want to do." Jungkook answered in a hushed tone as he scratch the dried scab on his pinky.


They sat there in silence for about 15 minutes. Contemplating on what to do, how to escape.


"I really love my harabeoji, very much. I don't want to upset him, I want him to be happy. He's dying and I really don't want to be selfish." Soyeon inhaled deeply as she looked into Jung Kook's eyes. "If there's no way out, If we were to get married, can you promise me, that the whole world does not have to know about this? We can just get divorce in the future and no one would even know that we were married in the first place?"

Jung Kook's lips tugged to form a half smile. A weak one. "That's a good idea. That way, everyone would be happy  - at least my father would be happy that he could at least do this for our late harabeoji and we can still pursue our dream."

"But... will you be okay to be married with me?"


Soyeon was surprised at how considerate Jung Kook was. Maybe he had misunderstood him all along. But then, she did witnessed him cruelly shattered a girl's heart, how her broken hearted tears kept flowing and hitting the ground beneath. Will she be fine with this guys?


"Well, its just a title. Its not like we're really going to live a marriage life. Right?"

 

 

---

 


"Its decided then, you two were to get married in two weeks." Soyeon's father had came to an agreement with Jung Kook's parents.

"Two weeks?! That early?" Soyeon felt as though her eyes were about to popped out of its socket.

"Darling, harabeoji doesn't have much time left." Mrs Lee consoled her daughter. Her only daughter.

 

"There's not much arrangement to do anyway since you guys want it to be a secret wedding." Jung Kook's mother smiled weekly at her future daughter-in-law.

 

 


 

Author's Note ;
 
[Imagine] Jung Kook surprised by the news.