Korean Dream

PIMP'ed OUT

Tell me how did we get, all the time we’ve spent together

 

How did we get, no matter what kind of wound

 

How did we get (we get), until the very end

 

How did we get (How did we get)

 

So we’ll walk together

 

You and me (You and me) The two of us (The two of us)

 

We’ll walk together from now

 

Live from Pun Intended Media Productions Studio

 

Isobel Haumann (IH): Annyeong everyone. Welcome back to PIMP’ed OUT.

 

IH: For those of you who just tuned in, today, we have with us Korea’s most high profiled friendship. Who are they (pause as though asking the audience and home viewers)?

 

IH: Yes you guessed it right. They are G Dragon and Taeyang of BIGBANG. Their friendship is just as well known as they themselves.

 

IH: But they do not know that they are here, together, on our first PIMP’ed OUT stage. Both of them think that they are the first to be on our stage when in fact they are together. After all, good things come in pairs.

 

IH: Anyway, both of them are backstage, done with their fake photo shoot. We are about to bring them out soon. Both will be blindfolded and their ears plugged with music. This is to ensure that they are not aware of each other’s presence beforehand.

 

IH: All that is mentioned to them is that we have a surprise for them.

 

IH: So without further ado, let’s bring both our guests out!

 

(Both Jiyong and Youngbae are guided out onstage by the production assistants. Both are blindfold with music plugged to their ears. They are guided to the long sofa, side by side – Taeyang seated on the extreme right side while Jiyong seated on the extreme left side.)

 

IH: Ah... Look at them. They are behaving in similar fashion – seated so politely and apprehensively.

 

GD: (still blindfolded with music plugged to their ears) ah Isobel-shi, what are you up to?

 

IH: Omo... Can he hear me (waves her hand in front of GD’s face and snapping her fingers at either side of his head)?

 

GD: What’s that?! I felt something beside my ears. Isobel-shi, you better not do something bad. If not I will ask my fans to (make a keyboard typing gesture).

 

IH: (chuckles) okay okay. I think we make them feel suspense long enough. Let’s have them take off the blindfolds.

 

(The same two production assistants help to remove the blindfold from both Jiyong and Youngbae. Both of them take awhile to adjust their eyes to the glaring studio lightings.)

 

GD: Youngbae-ah!

 

YB: Jiyong-ah!

 

GD&YB: What are you doing here (Both of them look at IH questioningly)?!

 

IH: You just got PIMP’ed OUT (both GD & YB look at IH and back at each other and laughs)!

 

GD: Aish Isobel-shi! I should have suspected something (looking abash but still smiling).

 

IH: Well, the show’s name should at least have clued you in on it, Jiyong-shi. You okay, Youngbae-shi? You’ve been quiet.

 

YB: Ah ne. I’m okay. (looks at IH in amazement) Just wow. I never had been pranked for the longest time. Not bad Isobel-shi.

 

IH: Yes! (Looks directly at the camera) it is a success! So are you both going to sit there staring at each other or are you both going to at least hug?

 

IH: Or wait! How about you two run towards each other like long lost lover? GDYB fan service? What you think?

 

(Both GD and YB look at each other, contemplating whether to do that.)

 

GD: (side discussion with YB) we can do the running hug thing. What you think?

 

YB: (side discussion with GD) sure.

 

GD&YB: (looks at IH) we do it – the running hug thing.

 

IH: Great! Jiyong-shi, you stand over there (points to the left side of the stage). Youngbae-shi, you stand over there (points to the right side of the stage).

 

(Both GD and YB move towards the allocated points.)

 

IH: (looks at GD) ready Jiyong-shi?

 

GD: Ne!

 

IH: (looks at YB) ready Youngbae-shi?

 

YB: Always!

 

IH: On the count of three. 1. 2. 3!

 

(Both of them start to run dramatically towards each other with their arms spread wide.)

 

GD: Ah Youngbae-ah (he close the gap between him and YB and give YB a big tight hug)!

 

YB: Ah Ji (returning GD’s hug)!

 

IH: Awww... Everyone, GDYB is true! (laughs along with the audience).

 

GD&YB: When has it ever been fake (chuckles)?

 

IH: Ne! (gesturing to the sofa) Come. Seat down. We have lots to talk about for the second half.

 

(Both GD and YB take their seat on the sofa. They are seated side by side – closer – as compared to the initial

part.)

 

IH: Ah... Wow! It was really nice to see how close you both are. I believe everyone here and at home can feel the

warm fuzzy feeling in their stomach at the warmth sight of your friendship.

 

GD&YB: (chuckles)

 

YB: (nods his head) Ne. We have always been close. After all, we started training at YG together.

 

GD: Ne (chuckles and nods his head as well). Since we were 13 years old. He is my oldest friend. He knows more

about me than even my omma.

 

IH: Ah... Since you both have been friends or as some fans labelled it as ‘soul mates’ for such a long time, is

there some things that you still find annoying about each other? Or even something interesting about each

other?

 

(GD looks at YB who looks back at him. YB has this mischievous glint in his eye which GD recognized.)

 

GD: Andwe! You better don’t say it out on air!

 

YB: (chuckles loudly)

 

IH: What? Come on Youngbae-shi. Tell us all.

 

GD: Andwe Bae (pleading at YB with his eyes)!

 

YB: (chuckles). There’s this one commercial, the lipstick commercial that Ji took part in. Not sure if you have seen

it before, Isobel-shi.

 

IH: I remember it. The Saem Commercial, Global Eco. Jiyong-shi had to write on a mirror using a red lipstick. The

concept is along the lines of Adam&Eve. Yeah what about it?

 

GD: (in a pleading/threatening tone) Bae...

 

YB: (looks at GD and chuckles) Okay okay... I won’t say.

 

IH: EH! You have to say it.

 

(YB looks at GD before looking back at IH, contemplating on whether to continue with his story while chuckling

at GD’s behaviour.)

 

GD: Fine (cutely pouts at YB).

 

YB: That same night, the rest of the members had finished our schedule. So we decided to hang out at our

dormitory. All of us were hanging out at our gaming room when we suddenly heard “Pretty Woman” playing loudly

from the living room.

 

YB: (pause for a moment, looking at GD who is hiding his face behind his hands) all of us saw Ji dancing in just

his leopard print boxer, wearing the same lipstick on that commercial (chuckles).

 

IH: Jingja?!

 

YB: Ne (giving IH his amused chuckle and eye smile while gently patting GD’s thigh)! All of us were too stunned

to even say anything. Ji didn’t even notice us. He was too into the dancing that he didn’t realize our presence. It

went on for about a minute before he finally realized our presence (chuckles).

 

GD: (buries his reddened face in his palms)

 

IH: (chuckles) Ah Jiyong-shi. Why did you do that (chuckles some more, trying to control herself)?

 

GD: (fans his face, trying to cool his reddened cheeks) I am just curious. Ladies always say that whenever they

put on a red lipstick, it gives them a sense of confidence. Plus it looks y on them. So yeah (fans his face

again).

 

YB: (chuckles) Yeah. You definitely look y Ji. Very y (tries to stop himself from laughing but failed) Even

TOP hyung can’t keep his eyes from popping out at you dancing in just your boxer.

 

GD: (punches YB’s upper arm) Aish!

 

IH: (chuckles in amusement) so do you feel y and more confidence?

 

GD: (still fanning his reddened face) Well... It was definitely different. Aish. This is so embarrassing (glares at the

laughing YB).

 

YB: (looks at GD) you make a very y girl Ji. After all, you played G-Raim for “Secret BigBang”.

 

GD: Aish. Please don’t remind me of that. TOP hyung keeps insisting on doing the kiss the drama way (dramatic

shivers at the memory).

 

IH: (chuckles) I remembered that parody. It was really entertaining. Jiyong-shi, you always ended up being

dressed at a girl. Waeyo?

 

YB: Because he is the one with the iest body – almost like a woman’s body with some essential parts missing

(chuckles).

 

GD: YA!

 

IH: (chuckles in amusement) don’t worry Jiyong-shi. You are still manly – a manly feminine man.

 

GD: (chuckles in embarrassment) Ah Isobel-shi. Nappeun yeoja. (looks directly at the camera) Isobel’s

husband-shi, your wife is a nappeun yeoja.

 

IH: (chuckles) He knows that. (Looks directly at the camera) Saranghae jagi-ya!

 

IH: Anyway, Jiyong-shi. Youngbae-shi. How has it been being friends for so long especially in the industry where

friendships/relationships can be broken due to conflict in artistic viewpoints and jealousy towards each other’s

success?

 

YB: (takes a moment to think through his words before answering) honestly, our friendship was put to the test

in 2010. (Looks at GD, who was just quietly nodding his head) that was the period where I had my solo album,

Solar, came out.

 

YB: It was the first time where I was promoting independently from BIGBANG.

 

IH: Ah yeah. Your solo activities.

 

YB: Ne, my solo activity. I thought I can do everything that I couldn’t do as a group during that period. When I

am with BIGBANG, I was seen at the guy who can dance well. No one really see me as me. They see me at

BIGBANG’s Taeyang.

 

YB: But when I was doing my solo, I am just me, Taeyang. So I saw my solo as my breakthrough. And I got

greedy.

 

IH: Greedy?

 

YB: Ne. In a way, I was starting to see myself as a solo artiste, not as BIGBANG. It caused lots of tension

between me and Ji. If not for the challenges we went through – the scandals and Daesung’s accident, I think me

and Ji would have drifted apart and lose our friendship.

 

IH: Ah. (Looks at GD, who has been keeping quiet this whole time) How were you at that time, Jiyong-shi?

 

GD: (takes a deep breath while contemplating on his words) Uh... To be honest, at that time, I was scared. I was

afraid that I will lose my best friend.

 

GD: I think that was the period where I was truly afraid that this industry will break any treasured relationship we

as artistes have with anyone. But yeah, that scandal that I went through and Daesung’s accident, they became

the thing that united us back as a team and somewhat saved our friendship (smiles at YB who returns it).

 

YB: Ne. Furthermore, I’ve learnt how to express myself in a group. Somehow I forgot that even though we are

part of BIGBANG, each of us have our individual colours. We all have our strong identities and when we come

together, we are BIGBANG.

 

YB: Plus group promotions are more fun. (Points to GD) and Ji agrees with me on this. It’s so hard to wait alone.

But if we wait together, time just flies by while we chat and play with each other. I guess that makes a more

synergized feel when we are on stage.

 

GD: Ne. It’s great that each of the members have their solo activities. But when we all are together, we are a

family. We tease each other, play with each other and like family, we miss each other. So our group promotion is

like an extended family reunion (chuckles).

 

IH: (Nods her head in understanding) I guess we do need time to be alone and learn more about ourselves. But

it is always great to have a place to return to. In both of your cases, it is BIGBANG.

 

GD&YB: (Looks at each other and smile) Ne.

 

IH: Jiyong-shi, I have a burning question that I need to ask you about Youngbae-shi and I need you to answer it

honestly.

 

GD: (Nods his head) Sure. What’s the question?

 

IH: (Grins) Is Youngbae-shi still as innocent as his image portrays him to be? Now is your turn to take your

revenge (winks at GD).

 

GD: (Chuckles loudly) Ah Isobel-shi. I know you are on my side. (Grins at YB with a mischievous glint in his

eyes) Well... Youngbae has grown a lot over the years (looks at YB again).  

 

YB: (Gives GD a look of question)

 

GD: (chuckles) in the past, he used to be shy and afraid of approaching girls, especially when we go to clubs to

party or celebrate. But nowadays, he, well, he has learned to at least approach girls.

 

YB: (sharp inhale of breath and his eyes widen)

 

GD: (Looks at YB again, letting out a slight smirk) but you know what, Isobel-shi?

 

IH: (Leans in slightly) What, Jiyong-shi?

 

GD: The way he approaches the girls actually drive them away (chuckles).

 

YB: (vehemently protest) I didn’t drive them away. They just... (shrugs his shoulders) you know...

 

GD: (Laughs out loud and turns his body towards YB) Ani. You really make them run for their lives – far away

from you. That recent outing we had. The girl whom you dance-approached, she practically run away when you

did your (finger quoting) ‘cool’ dance move.

 

IH: Cool dance? What cool dance?

 

GD: The food dance that he did for GO Show! Dance segment.

 

IH: You mean the ‘sushi’ dance?! Jingja, Jiyong-shi? Jingja (exclaims in surprise at GD)?

 

GD: Ne (grinning at IH, enjoying YB’s discomfort)!

 

YB: (protest) maybe she urgently needs to use the toilet!

 

GD: (snickers) right...

 

IH: Wow Youngbae-shi. You... you... (lost for words to describe YB’s situation before laughing).

 

IH: Can’t you just say ‘hi’?

 

YB: Well... Saying ‘hi’ is too normal.  

 

IH: So you want to be abnormal (chuckles)?

 

YB: (smiles sheepishly)

 

GD: Bae, your style is too special – too special (shakes his head in amusement).

 

IH: Jiyong-shi, he needs help on this.

 

IH: (Address the audience) looks like Youngbae-shi’s image is still innocent. He needs to go out and ‘play’ more.

(Turns to GD) Agreed, Jiyong-shi?

 

GD: (Nods his head) Agreed.          

 

IH: (Shakes her head and chuckles in amusement) Youngbae-shi, you still needs education on women and how

to approach them. Never mind. I will ask my in-house love doctor, my Creative Director, to teach you some skills

later after this show.

 

IH: You need at least 5 sessions with him.

 

GD: (chuckles and nods his head at IH’s words)

 

YB: Can we move on from this topic (hangs his reddened face)?

 

IH: (still laughing while wiping the tears from her eyes) Okay okay. Let’s move on to our next question.

 

IH: Do you know these terms – ToDae, GRi, GTOP, GDYB, DaeBae?

 

GD&YB: (Both nod their head)

 

GD: They are the fans’ way of shipping the members. Fan fictions.

 

IH: What’s your reaction of some of the shipping? Especially you Jiyong-shi. The fans paired you with almost

every member possible. The most popular one is GRi.

 

GD: It was Seungri who found out about this shipping thing and told all of us.

 

YB: Ne, maknae was the one who Googled about us and come across some sites with stories about us – the

fanfictions. We initially thought those sites were anti-fan sites but turned out they were sites where fans write

stories about us.

 

GD: Initially when the writings were more of us with some other characters and all, it was interesting to read. But

when we found those shippings, it made all the members awkward with each other.

 

GD: It made us self conscious of how we behave in front of fans and with each other. It went to the point where

Bae and I were not able to have any eye contact when we speak to each other.

 

IH: That bad?

 

YB: Ne. Usually Daesung and me are able to talk comfortable with each other. After all, we share the same room.

But when we found out about the DaeBae shipping, we were so awkward that I resorted to changing in the living

room!

 

IH: Wow...

 

GD: (Nods his head in agreement) Ne. It went to the point where things were getting too ridiculous that I as the

leader had to call for an emergency meeting among the members.

 

YB: (Nods his head at GD’s words)

 

IH: Emergency meeting?

 

GD: Ne. We had to decide whether to allow these fans’ shipping affect how we work together as a team.

Eventually we came to the conclusion that the fans shipped us in such a way were due to our closeness with each

other. The close relationship we have with one another.

 

YB: Yeah. So now we are accepting of those terms. But I refused to read anymore fanfics. Some of the writings

are just too (blushes).  

 

IH: Are you talking about the ones (chuckles)? Youngbae-shi, you are definitely not a nappeun namja (bad

boy) (chuckles in amusement at YB’s reddened face).

 

GD: (chuckles at YB’s reaction to IH’s words) Isobel-shi, Bae is a bad boy in other aspects.

 

IH: I can see that. But I have to admit, Youngbae-shi only has one ship and that is with you Jiyong-shi. What is

your take on it, Jiyong-shi?

 

GD: (Turns towards YB) well, at least I won’t be tagged the (finger quote) “Forever Alone” member.

 

YB: At least I get written as a straight guy looking for love most of the time (cheekily retorts back at GD).

 

IH: (Nods her head) True. Youngbae-shi does have the most straight fanfic writings.

 

GD: (Cutely pouts) Isobel-shi!

 

IH: Arasso arasso. Jiyong-shi is the most versatile one – the dream partner of both guys and girls (chuckles).

 

GD: (Grins at IH’s words while wiggling his eyes brows)

 

YB: (Gives GD a side hug)

 

IH: Anyway, BIGBANG is said to have a comeback this year?

 

YB: Ne. Since 2013 was the year where all the members were more involved in their solo actitivities, for 2014, we

want to give back to the fans by having a group comeback.

 

GD: Ne. We had just completed 2014 BIGBANG +α IN SEOUL. It was great to be able to do that for our fans.

They have been waiting for BIGBANG’s comeback so 2014 will be the year for it.

 

GD: We are in the midst of completing the recording and MV. Hopefully to get it release soon.

 

YB: I honestly can’t wait for it. Like I said earlier, it has been awhile since we promote as a group. I miss the

energy we have as a team.

 

IH: (Nods her head at YB’s words) I understand what you mean. It is always great to have your team together

and work together.

 

IH: Jiyong-shi, you mentioned something about another sub-unit in another interview. What do you think about

a GDYB sub-unit? After all, you both were supposed to debut as a duo until YG Sajangnim decided to debut an

idol group instead.

 

GD: Uh... Yeah. That would be a good mix. We both do have similar code but with different interpretations.

 

YB: Ne. That would be awesome actually. I believe there are lots of things we can do. I mean, we did collaborate

before for Ji’s first solo album for “Korean Dream” and it was well received by the fans.

 

IH: Ah ne. “Korean Dream”. I love that song. Both your styles complement each other.

 

YB: Ne. I guess it is also due to the fact that we’ve known each other for so long and we understand each other

even without saying anything. We both know what each other want in a song and we work with it.

 

GD: Isobel-shi, if this ever happen, it will be a special gift for our fans.

 

IH: It would be a special gift indeed. I’ll be looking forward to it, Jiyong-shi. I really do hope it happens.

 

IH: We are nearing the end of our first PIMP’ed OUT stage. But I have one last thing to ask both of you.

 

IH: I need each of you to complete this sentence. Let’s start with Jiyong-shi.

 

GD: (Nods his head, indicating that he is ready).

 

IH: Jiyong-shi, Youngbae to you is?

 

GD: Uh... Youngbae to me is Taeyang.

 

GD: He is the light and warmth in my life, the one that is there for me when darkness falls. (Voice cracks a little,

trying to control his emotions) rather than a chingu, he’s more like a hyung.

 

YB: (Smiles at GD while his hair)

 

GD: Without him, I am nothing. Youngbae is my everlasting love.

 

IH: (Claps at GD’s words) Heartfelt words Jiyong-shi, heartfelt words. Youngbae-shi is definitely your everlasting

love.  

 

IH: Now your turn, Youngbae-shi. Jiyong to you is?

 

YB: Jiyong to me is my soul mate. We have opposite characters but we fit well. I really learned so much from him.

For things that I couldn’t do by myself, couldn’t do alone, Jiyong was there for me.

 

YB: Whenever I feel down and lonely, he was the one who stood by me, encouraging me. In fact, in some sense,

without Jiyong, there won’t be this Youngbae today.

 

GD: (Turns towards YB and opens his arms to hug him) I love you, man.

 

YB: (Returns GD’s hug) I love you too.

 

IH: Wow (claps at them hugging each other). Your friendship is truly something that the fans love and admire. I

love this special relationship you both share with each other. Keep taking care of each other and I’m really looking

forward to BIGBANG’s comeback and perhaps a GDYB sub-unit.

 

IH: (Looks directly at the camera) YG Sajangnim, if you are watching this, please let it happen (bows towards the

camera).

 

IH: That said, that’s all that we have for today, the first PIMP’ed OUT stage!

 

IH: (Turns towards both GD and YB) Thank you both for gracing today’s show with your presence. It is definitely

a special day for us to have both of you here.

 

GD: Ani. It is definitely our pleasure to be here today. If it is not for you, we both won’t be having the same

schedule. Right Bae?

 

YB: Ne. It is definitely fun being here today. And it is an honour to meet you, Director Isobel-shi. We might ask

YG Sajangnim to have you direct BIGBANG’s MV.

 

IH: Ah that would be great (grins at YB’s suggestion). (Looks directly at camera) YG Sajangnim, you know how

to contact me (wiggles her eyebrows).

 

IH: Anyway, this is Isobel Haumann signing off from PIMP’ed OUT 1st stage with YG’s GDYB!

 

IH: Do stay tune for our next PIMP’ed OUT stage soon.

 

IH: Also, you can follow us @PunIntendedMP and check out our Youtube channel for special behind-the-scenes

and after interview with the awesome G Dragon and Taeyang.

 

IH&GD&YB: (All look directly at the camera) you have been PIMP’ed OUT!! ANNYEONG (all waves goodbye at

the camera)!

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you everyone for reading this short fanfic of mine. Hope you had fun reading it as much as I had fun writing it. Just to let everyone know, most of the discussions, questions and answers given by both Jiyong and Youngbae are facts with a dash of fiction.

I've been a BIGBANG fan since 2006 (yeah since the day they debuted) and some of the questions here are those that I would ask them if I were to ever be given a chance to interview them. ^^

Once again, thank you for your support on this fanfic. Now I'm going to go on and complete my other fanfic "Touch Love". If you haven't read it, go ahead and give it a read. 

Annyeong for now! 

PS: I might revisit this style and write another PIMP'ed OUT Stage with other BIGBANG members.