Sorry, Not Sorry

Urahara no Parade (Opposite Parade)

Ryuji’s POV

As the boys and I prepared to get in the van that Saturday morning we talked lively about our trip to Kyoto. We were going to do a concert there and were really excited about it. Already in the vehicle I sat next to Takumi as I browsed through my phone in boredom. Suddenly my screen switches to announce a new text; it was Aimi. I smile to myself at the sight. She had wished me luck on the concert. As I texted back happily I notice Takumi observing me.

“What?” I say with a yellow smile.

“Why are you smiling out of nowhere?” He asks giggling at my behavior.

“Nothing.” I say and look back to the screen.

He jokingly tries to take a look at the phone also and I move it away from him.

“Is that why you’re smiling?” He smiles slyly.

“Maybe.” I tease.

“Then it’s a girl.” He points to me.

“Who knows? For all you know I could be into BL.” I kid and he makes a face as he laughs.

“Just tell me.” He pleads and I give in.

“It’s Aimi. She was just wishing us good luck on the concert.” I answer and Takumi sits back and nods.

“Oh, okay then.”

He takes out his phone and plugs in his earphones as he closes his eyes and waits for the van to start. I finish replying to her and play my own music also.

 

Takumi’s POV

I hold in my breath and shut my eyes to try to kill the stinging sensation that I feel in my chest. Maybe I was just being selfish but I couldn’t stand to hear that. I blasted music into my ears to avoid thinking about Aimi but it seemed like my playlist was against me since every song had a reminder of my current situation. In the dark of my mind images of her were formulated and I remember my embarrassing actions last night. I suddenly feel myself burning up in awkwardness. Turning my head to the window I watch as the vehicle starts to move.

 

Toui’s POV

“Come on, please!” I beg Masaki to talk to Hanako so that I could have a prelude to see Aimi’s sister again.

“No, besides, she’s not even talking to me.” He answers crossing his arms.

“Then say sorry and start talking again.” I answer without giving it much thought.

“Why do I have to say sorry; she’s the one who got angry in the first place.”

As I heard the stubborn boy’s retort I rolled my eyes.

I didn’t care about his pride, I was more interested in the girl who had left me starstruck.

“Well, you’re not telling me why you two fought anyways so that’s the best advice I can give you right now.” I say and think a bit about the subject. “In the end you know that’s what you would do after all.”

He tilts his head to the left a bit and slightly nods.

“Just fix this already! I need to talk to Chiharu!” I say shaking him by the shoulders and he looks intently to me then turns away to the window.

“Pshh. Stubborn kid.” I mutter loud enough for him to hear.

 

            As we arrive in Kyoto we all sort of stretch and awake to prepare for the show that night.

“It’s really beautiful here.” Ryuji says looking around the wondrous place.

“Haven’t you been here before?” Masaki asks.

“No, my high school trip was supposed to be here but we ended up going to Okinawa.” He answers with a smile.

“At least you got to see the girls in bikinis, right?” Masaki half-jokes.

Ryuji his head a little and makes a face.
“Actually, I think here would be a more…romantic place to confess.”

“Romantic?” Takumi questions with a skeptical look. “Since when are you romantic?”

We all look at Ryuji, agreeing to Takumi’s statement.

“Errr…I was just thinking, that’s all, what ever let’s get our bags already.” The boy says running out of the now stopped van.

“What’s up with him?” Masaki says dim-wittedly.

I might only be a year older than the other boys but it’s pretty obvious that Ryuji’s crushing over someone. And I think I know who, too.

 

Ryuji’s POV

After we checked in to the hotel we all went to the venue for a run-through. I could barely concentrate. I kept having weird thoughts about whether I should call Aimi after the show or if she was texting me.

In the end our manager had to hide my phone so that I would stop checking back on it every four minutes. That helped a little so I focused until the end of the show.

Backstage we were all drinking water and changing when our manager came in congratulating us.

“Good job guys that was a really good show tonight. Ryuji, here’s your phone. Try to concentrate more next time, okay.”

I happily nod as I receive my device and check for messages immediately.

There was a text from Aimi the same time as the beginning of the show.

“Katsu-chan and I wish you guys good luck. J”

As I read the words my heart leaped in joy then I felt bad for not texting her back right away and slumped down in my chair as I sulked.

“Come on guys we have to do the meet-and-greet” Toui says pulling me back and pushing all of us out to where the fans were lined up.

 

Masaki’s POV

We all stood in a row as the girls came up to us four by four for autographs and pictures.

Suddenly I saw something that shocked me. Hanako was there. She was in a white shirt with frills, a light pink jacket, white skirt and white thigh high socks with pink details and cream colored flats, holding her phone and staring at me with sly eyes.

My eyes widened in fear of what she might say or do to embarrass me as she walked up to me.

“Masaki-kun, could I take a picture?” She says as if we didn’t know each other.

I smile at her half because I wanted to see her, the other half to not let anyone notice anything weird between us.

“What are you doing here?” I whisper to her as I take a random poster to sign and buy time.

“Well I’m still a Slasher after all.” She says referring to the fact that she was at the show for the band and not just me.

“So this has nothing to do with me?” I ask feeling kind of neglected.

“Not really…” She says looking down to her feet.

“What is it then?” I try to force out of her.

“I can’t say it here.” She looks back up to me.

“If it’s about your birthday, I’m not going to say sorry.” I say proudly.

“Well why not?” She says angrily at me.

“I didn’t do anything.” I whisper harshly.

“Of course you did! You tricked me!” She shouts and I immediately pull her backstage to avoid more of a riot.

“Stop making a scene!” I say as she looks up to me with a scowl. “And don’t make that face.” I demand, feeling myself wanting to give in to her cute look.

“It was my birthday and you were being mean to me.” She pouts.

I look to her and sigh.

“I—I guess I was wrong…” I mutter lowly.

“What was that?” She says instantly looking back up to me.

“I said…maybe I was…wrong.” I repeat hesitantly.

“Then say you’re sorry.” She smiles with a spark in her eyes.

“No way.” I try to fight. She doesn’t answer just looks straight to me and waits. I sigh and pull her into my chest and hug her. She pushes herself out and keeps staring at me.

“That’s not sorry.” She deciphers my alternative to not saying it.

“Do I really have to say it?” I beg.

“No, you don’t have to.” She answers and turns to walk away.

“Wait!” I hold her wrist.

She turns back to me and waits.

“Sorry.” I say looking to the side.

She runs up to me and hugs me. I look down to her and she pulls back a bit to look up to me. Out of nowhere she pulls my head down to her and kisses me tenderly. I let myself go at her sweet lips and she soon parts the kiss and bites down hard on my neck as she a certain spot.

“Ahh…” I moan and stand up straight to pull away from her.

I see her devilish smile and panic at the thought of the mark she left.

“I can’t believe you did it after all! How am I supposed to hide this now?” I whine.

“Just pop your collar or wear a scarf, you won’t die.” She giggles and out of the blue a camera flashes at my face.

“Why are you taking a picture of this!” I say and feel myself grow red.

“It’s my trophy.” She answers and starts walking away.

“Hey, where are you going?” I ask her and she turns while still walking backwards.

“My mom’s waiting for me in the car. See you at school.” She waves good bye and I lose sight of her.

            Later on that night at the hotel after my shower I observed the red circle on my neck in the bathroom.

“Is she stupid or something?” I ask myself with an unwilling grin as I remember the girls face. I ended up having to wear a hoodie for the rest of the trip. Luckily she didn’t on it to hard and it was almost gone by Monday.

 

            Takumi’s POV

When we got back home we got a surprise; the girls were waiting for us to come back.

“Welcome back, guys!” I hear the girls say as they wave at us.

“Hey, guys!” Ryuji shouts and runs up to them.

He and Aimi smile wide at each other as they talk and laugh.

Masaki walks up to the group and begins to chat with Hanako. Toui and I slowly join also.

“Were you guys waiting for a long time?” I ask Aimi.

“Not really, Chiharu brought us.” She answers pointing to her sister leaned on the car on her phone.

Toui lights up at the sight.

“You don’t look anything like your sister.” I laugh at Aimi.

“Hey, we sort of look alike. Besides, I think my sister is stylish, does that make me unfashionable?” She jokingly pouts.

“N-no, that’s not what I meant.” I say with a smile and try to think of something to add.

“Oh, yes, you’re very unfashionable.” Ryuji answer the girl with a fake sorry face. “We thought you knew.”

She laughs out loud and looks at him and I.

“Well, then you two “fashionable” people should teach me.” She lifts her eyebrows and nods at us. I happily nod back and Ryuji continues to joke.

“It’ll be a challenge.”

“Hey!” She cries out.

 

Toui’s POV

As the guys talked I went over to Chiharu.

“Hey, remember me?” I ask shamelessly.

The girl pushes her short black hair behind her ear as she looks up from her phone and eyes me up and down.

“Sure, you’re….Toui?” She guesses correctly, turning to face me.

“Right. We were just talking about how you’re really fashionable.” I try to start a conversation.

“Well, that’s good because I’m a stylist.” She smiles with cherry lips.

“Really? What brands do you like? I’m into fashion, too.” I answer truthfully.

“Well there’s a few of them actually. It mostly depends on what look each person wants.” She says simply and sort of checks back on her phone.

Just as I was going to start another topic the others walk up to us.

“Hey sis, could we go skating this weekend?”

“Sure, just decide where and I’ll take you and Hanako. That is if her parents agree to it.” The girl says responsibly looking to her sister then Hanako.

“I’ll ask my parents when I get home, if they say yes we’ll all go together.”

The boys nod at the statement and I agree to it also.

“Alright then, let’s get you home.”

As the girls get into the car I call out to Chiharu.

“Uh, Matsumoto-san, why don’t you come skating with us too?” I smile slightly at the girl and she looks straight to me with a thoughtful face.

“It’s been a while since I’ve skated. I’ll have to check my schedule.” She answers and I back away from her window as I nod and they drive off.

I turn around and the guys are all looking at me with smug smiles.

“What?” I ask.

“Ah, Toui likes Chiharu.” They all say in chorus as the poke my sides and laugh.

“Yeah, yeah, so what?” I smile back at them and they continue to laugh.

“Nothing, Mr. Lover.”