What we can do...

No More Words

Woohyun packed up the wrappers of sweets that were scattered around the floor. He stepped over a sleeping Saera and dumped the trash into the bin that was nearby. He went back and grabbed a blanket and covered Saera’s body. He looked down at her, how she was sleeping serenely. It was like she was in a whole new world and no one could come and harm her. She hugged the blanket closer to her face and a slow smile appeared on her face. Woohyun knelt down and brushed her hair off her face. He searched her face, and focused on her lips. It was a long time since she last used them to smile properly and not fake it. Woohyun knew her well enough to know when she faked her smiles, but he also knew not to question why she used them and just played along with it and moved on.

 

“What am I going to do with you Saera? We watched three soppy films and not once did you cry. Did your heart finally become hard and cold? Are you void of feeling any emotions now? Are you silently suffering? Why won’t you tell me anything?” Woohyun whispered. Ehh, she won’t hear you right now. There’s no point in questioning her actions when she doesn’t even know how you’re thinking. Go clean up more. He thought. Sighing Woohyun stood up and left her for the kitchen.

 

Once he was gone, Saera slowly sat up and looked at the direction that Woohyun just left from. She could see his shadow from the kitchen lights and heard the flow of the water indicating that he was washing the dishes. She rubbed her forehead and finally let a tear fall. She found it awkward to cry in front of people, that’s why she didn’t cry in front of Woohyun. And that stupid boy chose The Vow. He probably made them watch it to test her emotions. She slowly wiped her cheeks and went to the kitchen. She wordlessly entered the room and helped Woohyun by drying the dishes that they used. She opened to start a conversation, but it only closed when she couldn’t think of a topic.

 

The final plate was washed and Saera was drying it. Woohyun leant on her counter and watched her hands as they dried the plate. Her hands were slightly shaking, which Woohyun knew only happened when she was nervous about something. She slid the plate into the rack next to the sink and put the towel down as slow as she could. She wouldn’t lift her eyes from the ground.

 

Woohyun leaned towards her and put his finger under her chin, turning her face to look at him. Saera’s eyes were wide and sparkling when she faced him. “Talk to me.”

 

And talk they did.

 

At around three in the morning Woohyun finally knew about everything. Of course it took four months for her to finally say something but he was glad that she finally spoke to him. It was better than if they had argued and she blurted out what she was truly feeling in the middle of their quarrel. Saera had even taken Woohyun into his room which also made him feel nostalgic and miss Saera’s boyfriend. The two were back at the door and were saying their goodbyes to each other.

 

“So you’ve really been seeing him around?”
 

“I’m not sure if it’s just my imagination or really him. But yeah. I have my moments when I’m with him and we’re having a proper conversation with each other. Strangely the only times I cry are when he’s gone. I don’t even acknowledge that he’s… that’s he’s gone when we talk. We talk like nothing’s gone wrong.”

 

Woohyun smiled, and looked at the ground, “you know… The offer that Sungyeol is still open… Could you-”

 

“Alright.”

 

Woohyun looked up and smiled. He walked towards her and kissed her forehead. “See you tomorrow then. Sleep well Saera.”

 

“I will thanks. Have a safe journey home!”

 

“I will!”

 

Woohyun walked over to a door four doors away from Saera’s apartment and unlocked it. He excitedly waved and went in. Yes, the two were neighbours. It was an inside joke of theirs to pretend that they lived far away from each other. It made their goodbyes more worthwhile and not so sad.

 

Was she looking forward to tomorrow? Maybe. There’s still the option of backing out but she couldn’t do that to her friends who were there for her.

 

Once she got to her room, her phone flashed and a green light constantly blinked, so she knew that she had a text. Only when she unlocked her phone she saw the various texts from her friends:

-

Woohyun told me you’re going! Alright yeah!!!! Saturday’s going to be fun now! You have no idea how weird it has been without you. I miss you~ Please don’t change your mind like last time. I was slightly disappointed. :( :( :(

-

Gee. You agree when Woohyun tells you to go, but not with me? That’s a great way of telling me who you love more! Thanks bestie! :S (((DO YOU FEEL MY SARCASM AND PAIN?! YOU BETTER COME OR ELSE SUNGJONG AND I ARE GONNA DRAG YOU OUT. DON’T FORGET WE ALL HAVE SPARE KEYS!)))

-

And the Kermit is leaving her home.

-

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

Goodnight! Rest well! I hope the boys aren’t spamming your phone and causing your phone to freeze! Sleep well alright? I’ll see you in a while!

-

 

All Saera could do besides smile was wonder why all these boys were still awake at that time. But a thought occurred to her and that made the smile disappear. Instead of seven people texting her like mad, only six people were.

 

Before she could cry anymore, she looked to her ceiling and said, “I am done with you. You’re constantly on my mind. You’re constantly disturbing me and I can’t deal with it anymore. It hurts, I admit that yes. But why do you have to keep entering my thoughts? There’s a life for me to live now. It may be harsh for me to say to you and I may be hurting you as I say this but I need to move on. I need to… But I just can’t… I just can’t stop loving you. I doubt I’ll ever stop loving you… Why were you so good at winning me over? Why were you such a sweetheart to me? Maybe if you were a bit more of a jerk getting over you would be easy, but it’s not. It… It’s really not.”

 

Exhausted from that proclamation, she shook her head to get her thoughts straight. She really was alone now. Wait, no. I’m not alone I have six amazing friends who are willing to cheer me up despite anything. I can get through this. I can get through anything. I AM CHOI SAERA and I will fight this. But I will not fight this alone!! With renewed vigour Saera marched to her closet and changed into her pyjamas. That was until she saw one of his sweaters inside. She closed her eyes. I will not be a fool who constantly cries. I just need to accept he’s gone. When she opened her eyes she touched the sweater and smiled at the softness of the fabric. This time she didn’t cry. That’s right Saera you can be stronger than this.

 

Her phone buzzed one last time and she rushed to get it. It was a text from Woohyun:

 

-

I'm guessing your phone has now been spamed by the boys?The boys are just excited. I'm sorry if they kept you awake. I'm just glad that you finally agreed and I just told them. I hope that you'll be able to sleep well! I'm just texting to tell you this: My spidey senses are telling me that you were just thinking about him recently. Don't cry anymore Saera. The six of us are still here with you and we'll fight your tears away with our powers of hugs!

-

 

Saera covered to muffle her laugh.

 

-

Goodnight Hyun.

-

Yeah. Night Saera.

-

 

 

For once sleep came easy to her. Maybe it was the right decision to talk with Woohyun after all...

 


 

This chapter isn't as long as the first chapter, I do apologize... But once again. All is not what you expect :)