Prince of East

Kiss the Prince

 

Characters in this chapter: Mao Inoue, Sho Sakurai, Jin Akanishi, Jun Matsumoto, Keiko Kitagawa, Hiroki Nariyama

__________________________________________________________________________

“What happened, are you okay?”

In the middle of Mao’s agony, a voice lifted her ears. There was this man offering his hand. It was Sho Sakurai, the guy she was talking at the train.

Mao took his hand, but she complained a little because her foot was hurt.

“Looks like you really hurt, let’s sit over there!” Sho pointed a big stone near them, they sat there, but still Mao had questions in her eyes.

“Why are you here?” she asked.

Sho smiled.

“I’m asking why you are here; I thought you’re from other Village.”

“Well, would you believe me if I tell you I’m here because I follow a rabbit?”

“Rabbit?” Mao pinched her eyebrows.

Sho smiled again.

He changed the topic right away. “What happened, did you find your brother?”

Mao lowered her head. “No, he didn’t want to go back with me” she sighed.

By just looking at her, Sho could understand the situation. “Your brother is Yamada, right?” he asked.

Mao nodded. “But I called him Ryosuke.”

“Are you informed that he’s a prince?”

Mao nodded again.

 “Maybe that’s his reason why he wants here; anyway you can stay here with him, can’t you?”

“No, you don’t understand” Mao insisted. “I don’t have special ability, I don’t belong here. There was just this mysterious girl who gave me power in exchange of my shoes. Now, since I have this weird power I guess I can’t return in my world.”

That was a long sentence, but it became clear to Sho.

“What should I do now?” Mao cried. “I’m new in this place, and besides Ryosuke wants me out of his life”

“If you’re planning to go home, do you think you can be happy?” asked Sho.

Mao froze, thinking… “I guess no,” she answered “Without Ryosuke, I won’t be happy. I want to go home with him.

“Then get him!”

“Its impossible now, I told you he wants me out of his life”

 “Have you heard the story Alice in Wonderland?”

Mao went up her eyebrows “Yes, but what’s the connection?”

“If Alice didn’t follow the rabbit, would she reach wonderland, what do you think?”

The question lingered to Mao. “Are you trying to say that I need to follow my brother?”

“It’s up to you” Sho answered.

For a moment, Mao analyzed everything. Why did she come in Akaba? How did she get special ability? The only reason came was her brother. “Maybe the girl who gave me power is my fairy god mother, she gave it for me to stay and guide my Ryosuke, till I convince him to go home” she thought. “But Ryosuke has dangerous ability!” Mao remembered. “Aside from Pecognition he also have the  precognition, probability manipulation”

“Don’t be confused, it just actually connected” Sho confirmed “Okay, I’ll explain, the user can perceive future through his precognition ability, for example, he will know that a person will die but he actually don’t know when and how… so it is his other power to undertake… he’ll unconsciously use his probability power to determine the exact date, place and situation of the tragedy.”

“You mean it is true that Ryosuke creates tragedy?” Mao got worried. Her brother might hate his self for having that ability, so she much needed to stay to be by his side and give comfort.

“By the way, can I know your ability?” Sho asked her.

Mao was hesitated to answer. He stared first at Sho before whispering the answer to his ear.

“Really?” Sho responded.

“It’s useless, right?”

“NO, it’s a nice ability” said Sho “We called that empathy, the ability to sense or manipulate the emotions of other people.”

“I can only use it through kissing, so I won’t use it” Mao assured as Sho nodded.

“Anyway, do you have any plan now?” Sho inquired.

Mao cocked her head slightly to one side“I’m clueless. I’m not familiar with this place.”

“If you want, you can come with me.” Sho suggested.

Mao looked at him “Are you serious?”

Sho continued.  “Actually, I have idea how could you get closer to your brother”

“Really what is it?” Hearing that gave energy to Mao

“Come with me first, in east village.”

“Sure, after all I don’t have any choice.” Mao tried to stand up but she couldn’t walk, her foot was sprained, so Sho lifted her on his back

“Sho…” Mao wondered if that would be okay.

Sho smiled and answered softly, “It’s okay; we’re friends now, don’t we?”

Mao smiled “Yes…”

Sho started to walk.

On their way, Mao noticed something “Where is the river here?” she asked remembering the river she and the fisherman Ohno Satoshi passed.

“What river, there’s no river here” said Sho, confused.

“Eh? Impossible!”  Mao bit out; she was sure about the river.

Sho smirked “Everything here is impossible”

“Yea, you’re right” Mao agreed.

**

The two reached the train station and in an hour they arrived in East Village.

“Are sure you can walk now?” asked Sho looking at Mao’s feet

“Daijoubu, it didn’t hurt now” replied Mao.

“Good” said Sho “Now go in that direction” he pointed the left side “You will see a big gate there, just tell the guard that you’re looking for a guy named Jin Akanishi, okay?”

“Wait, aren’t we going there together?” asked Mao sensing that Sho will leave her.

“I just remember doing other thing; I’ll follow after I’m done”

“But…I’m afraid.” Mao confessed.

Sho patted her head “Don’t worry, Jin is a nice person; just tell him I’m your friend.”

“Is he your friend or what?”

“We’re not that close but he’s loyal to me” Sho answered

“Don’t tell me he’s your sentinel, are you a prince?”

Sho didn’t give any answer, but a smile.

“Okay, I’ll trust you…” Mao decided “Just be sure to follow, okay?”

“I promise” said Sho before he left.

*

Mao continued walking until she reached the said gate. She never expected it to be fantastic. The gate’s large braces were shining. Behind it was a modern palace.

“What do you want?” the guard asked. He was the only guard there, wearing a Red Guard uniform.

“I’m looking for Jin Akanishi” Mao answered.

The guard pressed the small gadget he was holding.

A few minutes later the gate opened and then a good looking guy in cowboy outfit went out.

“Who is it?” he asked with annoyance, but his mood changed when he spotted Mao.  “Oh, a girl? KAWAII…

Is she your girlfriend?” asked the guard.

The guy smirked. “Maybe soon.” He went near Mao and observed her from head to toe. He immediately noticed her bare foot but aside from that she thought Mao was perfect.

“Are you Jin Akanishi?” Mao asked, wondering if this hot guy was really Sho’s friend.

“Yes, I’m Akanishi, C’mon!” He grabbed Mao’s hand. They entered inside.

*

“Wait, where are we going?” asked Mao.

Jin answered quickly “In my room of course!”

“No, I don’t want!” Mao halted her hand away from Akanishi.

“What’s wrong, aren’t you the girl I ordered?”

“Ordered, what are you talking about?” Mao was panicked. She became blank, formulating a hint. Sho Sakurai sold her, didn’t he? How could she allow herself to be fooled?

“What’s that?”Mao wondered when she saw a flying object coming in their direction. She finally recognized it when it got closer. It was a mechanical bird.

“A message from Hiro?” said Akanishi as the bird went on his arm.

The bird spoke a recorded voice. “Akanishi how’s you day? Sorry to disappoint you but I don’t have girl right now. Try requesting next time”

After delivering the message, the bird flew away.

“If Hiro rejects my order… who’s this girl?” She looked at Mao.

“My name is Mao Inoue, Sho told me to find you”

 “You’re Sho’s girlfriend?” Jin Akanishi breathed out.

“No, we’re just friend” said Mao.

“Good, I thought you’re his girl” Jin seemed relief. “Anyway sorry if I think you as an order girl”

“It’s okay!” Mao smiled “Actually I was relieved, now I know Sho isn’t a ruffian”

“Speaking of Sho” said Akanishi placing his face closer to Mao. “If he isn’t your boyfriend, then maybe, the two of us can be lovers, what do you think?

“Huh?”

“Just say yes…” Akanishi smirked.

“Stop joking!” said Mao moving away. “I just went here because Sho told me. You’re his friend, right?

 “Friend? No, Sho is my slave”

“You mean he’s your sentinel? So you’re a prince?” Mao eyes got bigger.

“Yes!” Akanishi answered.

Mao made face “I don’t believe you”

“What, you don’t believe me?” Akanishi retorted.

“There’s no aura of being prince in you”

“Geez…what kind of girl are you, don’t you find me attractive?”

“You’re not my type!” said Mao.

Akanishi got annoyed.

Suddenly Mao spotted a guy. “Look, I think he’s the real prince!” said Mao upon seeing a handsome guy walking in the veil. For Mao, his presence was indeed a royal blood. He also wore prince outfit just like Ryosuke. In his sides was a pretty girl in Shinto dress and a samurai guy.

Akanishi turned his head to see him.

“Who is he?” asked Mao.

“He’s Matsumoto, Jun Matsumoto” Akanishi replied.

Mao was mesmerizing “How cute, he’s a prince, right?

“Yes, how did you know?”

“Obviously, he’s the perfect example of a prince. For sure he knows my brother!” She ran in his direction.

“Wait, don’t go near him!” Akanishi voiced out but he failed to stop Mao.

“Excuse me- excuse me!” Mao called but she stumbled.

Only Keiko, the girl in Shinto dress bothered to help her.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

“Oi, Keiko” called Matsumoto, the prince “We’re in hurry, don’t mind her”

“Yes, master!” she answered leaving Mao.

“What kind of prince is he, ignoring a princess?” asked Mao but she just realized that she wasn’t a princess.

****

"I've had nothing yet, so I can't take more." (Alice)