Barefoot in Akaba

Kiss the Prince

 

Characters in this chapter: Mao Inoue, Ryosuke Yamada, Kamenashi Kazuya

__________________________________________________________________________

 

Mao noticed huge plants and trees. She never thought her brother’s new place would be in the middle of the woods. As she continued walking, she sighted a young man who was picking flowers. She couldn’t be wrong, that man was her brother.

“Ryosuke!” she called.

Ryosuke her direction and was surprised to see her.

Mao ran after him. “At last I found you!” she cried hugging her brother.

Ryosuke dropped the flowers he was holding, he was still shocked but managed to recover from it “What are you doing here?” he asked.

Mao separated from the hug and smiled at him “I’m here to get you”

“What?” Ryosuke froze.

“You look real prince now” Mao commented as she saw her brother in a prince outfit. “But I prefer your old clothes”

“Stay away from me!” shouted Ryosuke as he pushed her sister.

“What’s wrong Ryosuke?” Mao questioned. This was the first time he saw him acted that way.

“You shouldn’t go here, go home now” Ryosuke commanded.

“No, I won’t leave without you!” Mao insisted.

“What’s happening here?” Kame arrived. He was so surprised when he saw Mao. “How did you get here?” he wondered.

Ryosuke gave fiery eyes to him. “Why didn’t you erase her memory?” he asked with high tone.

Kame turned his eyes down “I’m sorry, master”

“This is your fault, send her home now!”

“I understand I’ll do it!” answered Kame.

Ryosuke gave his last glare to Mao before he left.

 
“Wait, Ryosuke, where are you going?” Mao tried to grab him but Kame intruded.

“I don’t know how did you get here but…this isn’t the right place for you, so leave!”

“If I leave right away, I won’t see Ryosuke again”

“Why do you care that much, he’s not your real brother”

“I love him as my real brother!”

“If you really love him, you’ll let him stay in his right place- here.”

Mao froze, as she remembered Sho’s words: “You’re going to get your brother? - For me, this place is better for all SA”

Kame continued his words “There’s lots of SA who tried to live in ordinary world, but they end up returning. You know their reasons? Because some of them are being scare of, receive discrimination or worst they become subject of experiment. Do you want Ryosuke experience those things?”

Mao took a bow. She wasn’t prepared to accept reality, that she and Ryosuke were really different from each other.

“You left me with no choice but to remove your memory” said Kame raising his hands.

Mao glared at him “I don’t care if you erase my knowledge about this place, but please leave my brother’s memories to me. I don’t want to forget loving a brother like him”

  Kame hated to see this girl specially her puffy eyes. This was the reason why he didn’t erase her memory before, but he should do the right thing now.

“Wait the minute!” Kame bit out “You can’t get here without riding the train, and in able to get train ticket, you need to ask the reception office -there they will sense your special ability… you don’t have special ability so how did you…” He was confused so he touched Mao’s head. As he did, he saw Mao’s experiences except her conversation with Sho Sakurai. Part of Kame’s ability was to read someone’s memory.

“I’m not familiar with that gate keeper and receptionist, but both are trouble makers” said Kame. “Anyway your power is limited. I don’t know how long it will last but it will vanish soon. So while you have it, I’ll let you stay.’

Mao smiled “Really? Then can I go with you, I want to be with my brother!”

“No!” Kame refused. “Having a girl with such ability will be dangerous so I won’t allow you to stay with us”

“But, I don’t know where to go.”

“That’s not my problem!” Kame left.

“Wait!!! Don’t leave me!” As she followed, Kame ran. Mao ran fast as she could but she still lost Kame.

Mao looked left and right. “Kame, where are you?” As she walked barefoot she started to feel fear. What could she expect; she was alone in the middle of unfamiliar forest.

Things turned worst when three wolves showed in front of her.

“Kyaaa!!!” she almost shouted. The wolves seemed hungry and started to corner her. Mao was trembling but didn’t move. “Please, somebody help me! I don’t want to die here” She wished but it seemed too late. The wolves attacked her and she could do nothing but to yell with closed eyes. “KYAAAA!!!!

*

Nothing was happening. As Mao opened her eyes she realized that the wolves were already beaten. “W-Who did that?” she asked. When she looked closer, she saw her brother “Ryosuke…” She wanted to run and cry in his arms, but her body wasn’t moving.

 “I used my special ability to defeat them” said Ryosuke.

 Mao got confused, as far as she knew her brother’s ability was called precognition or to perceive future.

“Aside from detecting the future, I learned that I have the Probability manipulation. This ability can cause unlikely events like sudden death and earthquakes. Dangerous, isn’t it?”

“You mean you gave deaths to the wolves?” asked Mao, frightened.

Ryosuke nodded. “By just looking in their eyes, I perceive their deaths-ah no- I gave them their deaths!”

Mao narrowed her eyebrows. Don’t tell me, the deaths and earthquakes you perceived weren’t accidents, did you give them?”

“Maybe- I’m not really sure, but this only explains that I’m not fitted to be your brother anymore, so please leave, and don’t ever go near me again!”

Mao froze- she never expecting Ryosuke to chase her out. As Ryosuke moved away, tears started to fall from her eyes.

“Wait!” Mao called out. She still wanted to chase him, but she stumbled on the ground.

Once again, she lost her brother.

***

“When one’s lost, I suppose its good advice to stay where you are until someone finds you. But-but who’d ever think to look for me here?” -Alice