|| The Poor ||

The Rich and The Poor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: The Poor

                               

                    I'm tired of seeing my parents work hard yet they don't have enough food to eat. That's why later that night they slept with only yams and a bit of rice, I decided to help them. It's no fair. No fair at all that the other side of this poor world live, there are families who can eat meals more than three times a day. I wrote them a letter saying how much it hurts me seeing them not eating a great meals and that I'll be back with money in my hand. I brought my not so warm jacket closer as the winter air blew. I start walking down the path to the bus station that will lead me to whatever awaits me in the city. Maybe warm clothes, warm food then after that I'll work as hard as I can and bring back the money I earned to my parents. I hope they understand. Taking a sit in the bus, I close my eyes and put my hood up, thinking about my parents and also the city I'll be stepping on. 

 

                     I felt a tap in my shoulder. I groan and swat the hand away. Another tap and a sigh of annoyance escape my lips. I opened my eyes and stand up straight, seeing the conductor of the bus. 

"Neh? Do. . .you need something?" I asked him and he nods. Seeing his pissed off face, I cleared my troath. 

"You need to go. The bus had arrived in Seoul," he said and I nodded, standing up and bowing before exiting the bus.

             The first thing I notice is how busy Seoul is. Cars everywhere, people chatting in their smartphones, some listening to street musics. I smile slightly at the sight and went to listen to one of the street musics. I notice that some girls stares at me. Are they really judgemental here in Seoul? Just because I don't have clothes as expensive as them doesn't mean I can't listen to the same music as they are listening to? I whip my head to stare at them, giving them a cold stare before speaking.

"Excuse me. .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter