First Adventure

Shishimato Adventures

Tick, tick, tick, tick… TICK!

Could it be?

You pulled your book from under the heaps of papers piling on your desk. Scanning the circled question, you looked for an answer choice that could possibly match with the one you had calculated.

But of course, your answer didn’t even come close.

God, damn it, maths! Solve yourself!

You tapped your mechanical pencil furiously onto the surface of the table, imitating the sounds of a machine gun.

Just then, to your left, the paper crunched under Shishimato’s weight as he stepped closer to you. He carefully read the long equation you had created during your brainstorming.

He squeaked when he saw something amiss and grabbed onto your hand to show you, “What is it?”

When he saw that you didn’t quite get what he was showing, Shishimato stole the pencil from your hands and wrote another equation beside yours.

You watched as the numbers he wrote slowly came to life and in the end, there it is! The answer!

“Oh my goodness, Shishi! You’re… You’re a genius!”

With your mouth hanging and eyes wide open, you gave him a genuinely surprised look. You didn’t expect him to know that. Heck, you didn’t expect him to even know the basics of human knowledge.

Lifting your left hand, you rubbed the top of his head affectionately, giggling as you did so.

Suddenly, you had a thought.

If Shishimato can answer math, could he answer other subjects?

You pulled out your other workbooks from your schoolbag before flipping to some unfinished questions and pointed to them, “Here, can you answer these?”

He took a quick look and nodded happily. Taking your pencil away again, he wrote down the answers to each of them until he got to English.

The pencil hovered over empty blank space, unmoving and you saw the doll tilting its head in confusion.

“Oh, it’s okay. I can do English,” you said as you took the pencil from him and smiled gently.

You honestly didn’t expect the toy to be so smart and it surprised you, pleasantly. You rubbed the top of his head again as he closed his eyes and leaned into your warm hand.

You giggled, “As a reward, how about we get you 2 packets of ramyun? How about that hmm?” You put up two fingers to prove your point.

The bunny’s white eyes lit up and excitedly nodded his head up and down which caused his ears to flop around with it.

You laughed again at the funny scene before getting up to leave for the kitchen.

Shishimato sat in a daze as he daydreamed about the mouth-watering flavourful delectable steaming hot delicious... ramyun. As he placed his hands on top of his stomach, he realized he was kind of hungry.

After a moment, you came in with a large bowl in hand, “I hope you’re hungry because I added some boiled eggs and sliced meat.”

This time, his eyes lit up brighter as he rubbed his tummy in delight at the scent of the steamy noodles.

You can’t help but laugh at his childish gesture.

Silly bunny.

 

* * * * *

 

The blue book drops onto the wooden surface of the table. Mr Jung raises his eyebrow in question, surprised to see you actually handing in your history work on time. He smiles and nods approvingly, then, motions for you to head back to your seat.

You gave him a bright smile before skipping back to sit beside Yerim.

“Wow, I think this is the first time I’ve seen you pass up your history work on time, willingly too. Claps for you,” she mockingly praises as she claps slowly.

You clicked your tongue at her before smirking slightly, “I had a little help this time around.”

Just as she opened to ask, Mr Jung called out to the class, “Take out your textbook and turn to where we left off.”

Feeling a little playful, you gave Yerim a cute wink and pulled your bag onto your lap. You pulled the opening wider to let in some light.

Your eyes widen.

Quickly, you stuffed an object into your blazer pocket and stretched your left hand up, catching Mr Jung’s attention.

“Mr Jung! I need.. uhh… restroom.”

You stuttered and made awkward pointing gestures towards the door. When he gave an okay, you took off in a flash.

You slammed the door with a bang and pressed your back against it. Your eyes wildly searched the room for any suspicious figures. You checked the stalls and the hallway.

When you were sure there were none, you took him out of your pocket.

“What are you doing here?! I thought I left you at home!”

He scrunched his face at your voice and the walls made it echo twice as loud. He removed his hands from holding his ears down when he tried muffling your voice, “@%!^>}$@^”

“I don’t understand you!”

You groan as Shishimato sat cross-legged on the palm of your right hand. He chose to stay quiet and watch as you paced around in the restroom.

“Okay, listen! You can stay but you are not allowed to leave my bag at all… And I have archery practice after school, so you’re going to have to wait. Do you understand me?”

He nods and stands up straight before saluting to you. You raised an eyebrow but salutes in return anyways.

“To humour him,” you told yourself.

 

* * * * *

 

It’s a little stuffy in here. A little cramped too but he could live. At least, that’s what Shishimato kept telling himself.

He was sure the bell rang hours ago (actually it’s only been a few minutes), so why wasn’t the human lady letting him out?

After another minute or so, the humid air and the heat became too much for him. He couldn’t die from it but still... A bunny can only take so much.  He struggled in the darkness, fumbling around, stepping on your books and other things to reach for the opening.

When he could finally let his head free, his eyes had to squint from the sudden rush of light. He found himself outside, in the open, on the school bleachers.

Where is the human lady?

He wriggled out of the bag completely and spots you across the field, shooting arrows.

Deciding to explore your school as you have practice, he jumped off the wooden bleachers and hid in the bushes from the passing students.

He took his time in the undergrowth, spying at the students through the holes.

“Look out!” someone shouted. After a few girly screams and shouts, a soccer ball tumbled into the bush and nearly hit him. Luckily, Shishimato managed to move away right on time.

A hand appeared soon after, feeling around the earth and leaves. Shishimato lightly kicked the ball towards the hand.

“OH, FOUND IT!” He ran off after that.

Through a hole, he saw some boys, still in school uniform playing soccer under the autumn Sun.

He enjoyed watching them. The laughter, the short-lived rivalries and just the fun of it all seemed familiar to him.

“Himchan hyung! Pass it here, pass it here!”

The ball glides across the field towards a red haired boy. He skilfully dribbles the pass several others before kicking it towards a blonde boy near the goal.

“Hyung! Score a goal!” The blonde boy got the ball on time and kicked towards the goal. The goalkeeper missed the ball just by a few centimetres.

“GOALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!” The blonde ran to middle of the field, his deep voice shouting for his victory as his teammates pile over him.

His daydreaming got cut off when a scream pierced through the air, “That doll was moving!”

Hearing that, Shishimato drops to the ground and stays as still as possible. Though, it was a bit too late for that since most of the students nearby heard her and began to prod and poke at him.

He endured through the whole thing until a teacher came along and started to yell and scold the students for being lazy.

Shishimato takes his chance and bolts, leaving the area in a matter of seconds.

He fled indoors and sneakily navigates through the hall to not attract attention.

“SHISHIMATO! Where have you been?”

Startled, he drops to the floor again. You rolled your eyes before reaching out to pick him up.

You were searching for him since practice ended. You had to admit, you were pretty worried when your bag was left opened on the bleachers.

You dusted him as you removed him from the floor, “You had me worried, you know.”

“Sungrin-ah?”

You looked up to meet familiar dark eyes, the boy had a guilt-stricken expression as he stared at you. His right hand slowly reached out to touch you. His eyes begged you not to leave, not to turn your back and run away.

Your throat suddenly felt dry, like two sandpapers brushing against each other, “Daehyun-ah…”

 


 

A/N: OK, FIRST AND FOREMOST...

I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK SO EFFIN LONGGGG...

I just recently started working (first job woo hoo!) and who knew work would be so tiring?

But I have found time to write at work, so don't you guise worry!

This chapter is slightly longer (if you noticed, if you didn't thats fine). So enjoy :)

And as promised Yongguk spam!

GIF SPAM~~~

You guise love this guy? Really?

Hey, hey.. You want some pudding?

Because Yongguk wants some too...

Okay, who is excited for 1004? 

I can't be the only one right?

 

That's it for now. I will try to update soon :D

Subscribe if you like it and comment to give constructive criticism!

Thanks a lot! Especially to those that subsribed while I was away. :)

Love all of you who are reading, have read or will read this!

Opps, almost forgot! If you have any questions, just looking for me or want to have a little chat..

You can find me here >>> Keeping-The-Faith