It's Frozen Rain

Shishimato Adventures

“Yes sunbae. Don’t worry too much about it, you’ll get frown lines.”

You stayed silent as she rambled on. Your ears were beginning to gain heat from holding the phone too close to it for too long. How long has she been talking?

“I understand but don’t worry. I am SURE that we will be ready for the tournament before you know it. I have to go now, enjoy your break sunbae! Bye~,” you hung up, “Thank god she shut up.”

You sighed as you scanned the lavender scented room for Shishimato, only to find him by the window, again. Right on top of the window ledge but close enough to the curtains in case there’s a need for quick concealment.

He’s been like this since the trip to the hospital. I wonder what came over him.

You slowly made your way to the bed and silently creeping up on him from behind. You caught him staring at nothing in particular outside the window and he seemed a little distant.

Not wanting to leave him alone, you made yourself comfortable by folding your legs up on the blue sheets and contently watching the snowflakes dance across the sky.

You took a deep breath and breathe it loudly back out in an attempt to get his attention. Nothing.

Two palms were raised and you clapped once, right next to his ear. Didn’t even flinch.

You cleared your throat, snapped your fingers and even finger tap dance on the wooden ledge next to him. You were getting impatient. In the end, you decided to just poke him on his head once, harshly.

“%!@$#!~^%(&$!#!!”

You raised your hands, feigning innocence, “Wasn't me.”

He rubs his head, mimicking soreness even though he knows he can’t feel pain (proven by Jongdae) and mumbles silently under his breath- probably curse words. It goes on for a few seconds before he stops and the distant look comes back on his face.

You had to ask, “Hey, what’s on your mind? Are you all right?”

The black beady eyes silently turned to look at you. He raises both his hand and puffs his chest as if he was trying to speak only to drop them in what you recognise as hopelessness. Now, he looked even more miserable than before.

Great. Good job, Sungrin. Give yourself a slap to the face.

You started to talk, rambling aimlessly to cheer him up before looking out the window.

The snow, “Shishi, do you want to play outside?”

 

 * * * * *

 

“So, how is it? Are you feeling cold?”

He hopped out from your hands and onto the snow covered bench. He shook his head quickly making his ears flop around. You swept some snow off the wooden surface before taking a seat.

You smiled fondly as you watched him silently pulled snow closer creating a lump and then patting it flat. You noticed that he was humming to a melody. It was nothing you ever heard of though.

“Shishi, what song are you humming?”

He stilled and stopped pulling in more snow. He seemed to contemplate for a while before he shrugged and continued to play. “Ah, I got it,” you thought. You know now why he looked so down.

“You know, Shishi. I don’t mind you staying with me- with us. I mean, Jongdae and I. You get what I mean. So, even if we don’t figure out where you came from you can still stay. We won’t abandon you,” you patted his head gently.

You then picked him up by his scruff to eye level, “Now let’s do the most cliché thing ever and build a snowman. What do you say?”

He gave you two thumbs up before proceeding to jump off the bench on his own, only to penetrate through the surface and be underneath the snow with only his ear peeking through. Seeing the comical sight, you laughed loudly into the cool air as you watch him trying to shimmy his way out.

After letting the last fit of laughter escape from your lips, you got down to your knees in front of the doll and dug him out of the snow with your gloved hands, “Stop moving. I’ll get you out.”

As you were busy swiping off the remnants of frozen rain, your sharp ears detected soft crunching steps behind you. You quickly craned your neck to glance back, only to startle yourself when you find a giant boy looking just as surprised as you were.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.”

You quickly shook your head to convey the message ‘no, you didn’t’. You turned to face with the bunny now limp in your open hands.

You studied him closely, from the fashionable black boots to colourful layers underneath the even more fashionable winter coat and to the tuffs of blonde and blue peeking out of the beanie he was wearing. Blonde and blue?

“Wait, I know you… You’re that guy that bumped into me at the hospital the other day! The one on the skateboard, that was you, right?”

The said boy blinked with wide eyes, “I was?”

 

 * * * * *

 

“Again, I’m really really sorry.”

You shoved his arm playfully, “Stop it. It’s no big deal. You looked a bit emotional, I understand.”

He let out an awkward sort of laugh as he scratched him temple. The both you sat, idly swinging on the swing seats of the playground.

Most of the park was covered in thick sheets of snow which the playground resemble a winter wonderland. The earthy wooden structures contrasted nicely with the softness of the snow.

Shishimato sat on your lap, making sure to be as doll-like as possible. Your coat didn’t have a big enough pocket to fit him in and suddenly putting him your scarf might draw suspicion from the tall kid next to you, who you now know goes by the name of Junhong.

You shifted your legs slightly in attempt to prevent Shishi from falling off. It however attracted the attention of your company. He chuckled childishly, “You brought your doll to the park?”

“Can I see him?” He gestured towards Shishimato.

You begrudgingly passed the bunny to him. He inspected the toy with extra care you noticed. He turned him around a couple of times before smiling and returning him to you.

“Shishimato, right?”

You froze. The bunny twitched slightly. Barely visible but you felt it on your hands.

“H-how did you know?”

“Because I have one too,” he smiled brighter this time. His gloved hand reached into his inner pocket and shuffled around. With an ‘Ah, here it is” he slowly pulled whatever he is getting out and for a second, you noticed a familiar dark grey ear.

Your breath hitched and you started to sweat beneath your clothes. You slowly pulled Shishi closer to your chest, helping him to face Junhong as your breathing became irregular.

Everything felt like it was going in slow motion as both you and Shishimato focused solely on the hand underneath the coat.

Junhong finally pulled his hand out to reveal a familiar bunny doll except it wasn’t Shishimato. The mask was blue instead of red and the top of its head had a crank attached to a keychain strap.

You sighed with relief. You were not sure what you were expecting. You smiled politely, “Cool. You made it a keychain?”

“Yeah, easier to bring around and stuff. It’s a present from a close neighbour of mine.  It was designed after me. Well, at least that’s what he told me. I don’t know what part of me made him think I needed a crank on my head,” he laughed.

Junhong smiled proudly as he stuffed the bunny back into his pocket. When you registered what he had said, your eyebrows furrowed in confusion, “What do you mean by ‘designed after you’?”

He puffed his chest proudly as he spoke, “I know the owners of the franchise. Shishimato, Totomato and the others were all designed by my neighbour and a friend of his. And some of the toys were designed based on real people, like me and Himchan-hyung.”

“I need to meet him!”

Surprised by your sudden outburst, he nearly toppled off the swing.

“Himchan-hyung?”

You nodded frantically. The grip you had on Shishimato deadly tightening.

Junhong was definitely weirded out but agreed anyways.  Maybe all the bragging Himchan did about having overly-fanatic fans were true after all.

 


 

 

A/N: Short chapter is short :P Sorry guys.

     

  Good news is I finally have an acceptable plot or storyline so YEAH!

I've also written a one shot just a while back called 'Abort Mission' so be sure to check it out and comment. Tell me what you think about it, kay?

       If you're excited about what's to come say " AYE! B.A.P IS BACK!"

 

          

          

Believe me when I say that I will be watching TSENT like a hawk  ಠ_ಠ