Very Much Alive

Shishimato Adventures

Its long ears twitched when it heard you. The wooden chopsticks clattered against the bowl when it dropped from the toy’s hands. Slowly, it turned around and when it saw you, its white eyes widen dramatically. The both of you stared at each other, faces expressing fascination and fear at the same time.

“You’re alive? But you're a toy... C- Can you speak?" you asked as your feet slowly inched back towards the door.

"&*><":_$%$," it muttered.

"I'll take that as a no…," you cautiously took a step back as the toy took a step forward. It lifted its soft grey hands and made gestures as if to calm you down.

As it reached the edge of the table, it kept muttering gibberish and you saw it attempting to jump to the floor in front of you. You panicked.

“JONGDAEEE!!!” Surprised from your sudden shriek, the doll went rigid and dropped to the ground. You twisted the door knob before sprinting towards Jongdae’s room, screaming all the way. You kicked the door open to find him lying down on his bed, reading a suspiciously red magazine (which he hid when you came in).

He stared at you as you stumbled on your words. He raised his hand to pause you, his expression confused.

“It’s alive! It’s alive. Oh my goodness, it’s alive! I swear to God, Jongdae! It was alive and moving!”

He scoffed, “Are you quoting Frankenstein now? What the hell?”

You jumped up and down, frantically pointing towards your room to relay the message to him. He eventually got up (with a sigh) and made his way to your room. Not forgetting to drag you along with him.

“So, what is it? A cockroach? A beetle? A spider?”

Hands on his hips, he scoped the room and found nothing that could possibly freak you out the way you did. He turned around and quirked his eyebrows at you.

You didn’t step into your room because you were afraid the creature would run up your leg. You didn’t want to give it any chances. You forefinger pointed at the innocent-looking bunny toy near his feet, “It moved and it ate my ramyun!”

Jongdae looked at you incredulously. He picked up the cursed doll and prodded around with it. The thing didn’t react at all, it stayed perfectly still or limp enough just for it to be considered a normal toy.

“Are you okay, Sungrin? Do you need to go to the mental hospital?” Your brother teased as he dropped the doll onto your table.

You smacked his arm before pushing him out the door, “No, I don’t and thanks for not helping, Jongdae!”

“You’re welcome!” He managed to say before you slammed the door in his face.

 

* * * *

 

6 minutes has passed since Jongdae left and the doll had yet to make a single movement. Your fingers tapped to a beat you had learned in music class as you waited. Your eyes were trained onto the grey figure and you were starting to get impatient.

Maybe if you spoke to it, it will respond.

It’s worth a shot.

You cleared your throat, “You can move, you know. It’s fine… I’ll try not to freak out.”

Instantly, its ear shot up before it muttered… something, “*^%(*:}<><&^$#$”

The doll stood up and stared at you with its large white eyes, blinking once in a while. It was starting to get a little disturbing, “Stop looking at me like that. It’s creepy.”

It immediately bowed down, as if to apologize. You sighed and pulled a chair, “Okay. So, let’s sort this out. What are you?”

“!@%$^&”:+%#$!(@&” it said, confidently.

You however didn’t understand a thing. The toy bunny sounded like a mix of raccoons, dogs and other unidentified creatures combined and it was beginning to give you headache.

“I don’t understand youuuu…,” you sighed, suddenly a thought came to mind, “Wait, you can understand me?”

It nodded and tilted its head as it wonders where this conversation is going.

“You understand Korean. You obviously don’t speak it but can you write it?”

It gave a small shrug but that was enough to send you scrambling for a pen and paper. You shoved them towards it, urging it to write.

“Come on, write anything! Tell me something.”

The bunny doll uncap the pen and thought for a while on what to write. It decided to answer the human’s first question. When it finished, the doll proudly presented it to her.

I’m a toy.

“I kind of got that… How long have you been alive?”

The bunny doll tilted his head and blinked rapidly. You didn’t want to admit it but that was pretty cute.

Since yesterday. In the machine.

“How are you alive? Do you know why you’re alive?”

It didn’t write this time but just gave a shrug and shake of its wide head.

You sighed, “What’s your name?”

That seemed to hit something in it. It stared into the distance before slowly shrugging its shoulders. There was a flicker of uneasiness in its eyes but it was too fast for you to notice.

You pursed your lips before reaching behind the doll carefully as to not topple it. You read the tag on its neck.

“Well, your tag says Shishimato. So, I guess that’s your name. Okay?”

Instead of an answer, you hear a low growl. You looked down at the bunny to see it staring longingly at your unfinished ramyun.

You hesitated but eventually pulled the bowl closer until it stopped directly in front of the living doll, giving an ok for it to eat it.

However, it sat down. Looking everywhere else except the bowl of ramyun, it made you confused.

“Eat. Why won’t you eat?” You pushed the bowl closer.

It looked at you when you spoke but didn’t say anything (or write anything). It stared, not blinking until you got uncomfortable.

You got up from your seat before reaching for the door, “Whatever. I’m going to go prepare a bath.”

You left the room after that and left the bunny alone.

After making sure you were gone, Shishimato stretched to reach the chopsticks it dropped. It then proceeded to devour your dinner.

Oh yeah, this is some good noodles!

It merrily ate and drank the soup, not leaving even a single drop. Just as it finished with a loud burp, you came in the room.

“I decided to let you stay here until I figure out what to do with you. Just make sure you stay out of my way,” you gave a forceful smile. You tried to be as friendly as possible but it was proving to be difficult when the other person just so happens to be a toy.

It sat at the edge of the table after briefly nodding to you.

Well, at least it’s obedient.

You reached for the hem of your shirt before pulling it off. As you turned to grab your towel hanging on your chair, your eyes saw Shishimato looking down.

Its long ears were bent to cover its eyes and its hands held them to make sure it stays there. But what really caught your attention was the almost unnoticeable pink tint on its cheeks. Was the doll blushing? Dolls can blush? Wait, why was it blushing?

Suddenly, it clicked, “Sh- Shishimato, are you-… could you be-… Are you perhaps… male?”

It took a while before it finally nodded and the tint on his cheeks seemed to be brighter.

You hurriedly grabbed a towel before wrapping it securely around your shirtless (but not ) body. Grabbing ‘him’ by the tag, you quickly placed him inside a box before closing the lid.

“N- Now, don’t come out until I’m gone!”

It responded by muttering his usual gibberish language. You assumed it meant ok, at least it better be.

 


 

 

A/N : No spams today since Idk what to spam you guys with.. D:

Sorry it took so long for those who were waiting.. Anyways, enjoy! 

 

Btw, he might not be in this story yet  but Yongguk says hi! 

Maybe I should just spam you guys with BYG pictures that I find per chapter... 

Hmm...

You wan?