Hydrokinesis

Blood and Dust

 

“But I was never human.”

Suryeon’s statement stunned Kibum into silence, a nearly impossible feat considering he almost always had something to say.

“You weren’t?” he asked, his expression still completely perplexed.

“Nope… I’m a faerie,” she grinned proudly before morphing to a more puzzled look, “Well; I guess I was a faerie. Now I’m a vampire?” he could feel her confusion as she talked to herself, sorting out her existence, “But what about my powers…?” she mused.

“Powers?” Key asked with a tilt of his head.

Suryeon looked up, pulled from her thoughts by his voice, “Oh, you don’t know. If you get me a glass of water, I can show you,” she smiled and crossed her legs Indian-style.

Kibum nodded curiously, left the room, and returned quickly with a full glass. “Is this enough water?”

The half-faerie rose from the bed and nodded, taking the glass and setting it on the floor. Standing before it, she stretched out her hand and began to move it smoothly, willing the water to follow. It was only a moment before the water flowed with her movements. She became completely absorbed in what she was doing, a content smile painted over her lips as the water danced in the air. The full vampire was mesmerized by the dancing liquid before him and didn’t sense the other emotions nearby.

Quietly, the door had opened and a pair of vampires entered the room, “We knew you were keeping her here,” Jonghyun’s smooth voice sang.

“I could smell her,” Taemin added, his gaze locked on the girl.

Suryeon was surprised and frightened; she froze in fear.

Suddenly, startling everyone, the water she had been manipulation hit the floor and shattered like glass.

She jumped at the sound and stared at the ice with wide eyes. That’s never happened before. Water has always stayed liquid; it’s never turned to ice.

“What was that? Were you doing that?” Jonghyun and Taemin were still standing in the doorway as the shorter one spoke, momentarily distracted from his desire for the girl’s blood.

“She has powers,” Key told them, “But they’re different than ours; they’re not just in the mind. You saw yourselves with the water… Because she used to be a faerie,” he began to piece everything together out loud, “You idiots bit a Faerie!” he yelled the last part and threw the closest thing to him, a pillow, at them.

“It’s not like we knew!” Taemin retorted, easily catching the flying cushion.

Jonghyun nodded in agreement, “Yeah.”

“She just smelled— still smells—so good…” Taemin’s tongue slid over his lower lip, his eyes glazing over as he stared at the girl, “Her blood was sweet, like honey.”

Suryeon could see his fangs protruding and began to tremble. She had backed all the way to the far wall, her back pressed painfully against it. There was fear in her eyes as she stared at the vampires who had attacked her.

Suddenly, her survival instincts kicked in and her eyes scanned the room, looking for escape. Seeing the balcony doors only a few feet from where she was standing, she threw herself towards them. With inhuman speed, she had the doors open and was over the ledge, running across the grass.

The three men rushed over, cramming themselves onto the small balcony just in time to see her being grabbed by someone on the edge of the lawn.

---

“I see you found the faerie,” Key said as the girl was brought—more like dragged—back into the house. She saw the three males standing in a line as she was pulled through the front door. Jonghyun’s arms were crossed, Key’s hands were on his hips, and Taemin… he was still looking at her like she was a glass of water in the middle of the desert.

“Who are you?” Suryon screamed, kicked, and thrashed, trying to free herself from the female vampire’s grasp, but to no avail.

“Jieun,” the other girl replied tersely, “Now quit squirming so much.”

“Let me go and I will stop squirming,” the faerie countered.

“Let her go, Ji, she won’t run again,” Key took the girl’s hand when the vampire woman released her, “Suryeon, you’re safe, please don’t run away again.”

 Suryon sighed, “Fine.”

“Good. You smell too nice to let go,” Taemin whispered as he leaned in and inhaled close to her neck.

“Yah, stop doing that!” Kibum yanked Suryeon away from the hungry vampire, “You’re scaring her. I can feel her fear,” he had positioned the girl behind himself, “My apologies, Suryeon,” Key bowed his head and turned to the other male, “All I can feel towards you, Taemin, is fear and anger. Back. Off.”

“There’s no reason to be afraid, Little Faerie,” Taemin cooed, “You’re indestructible now anyway,”

A shiver ran down the halfling’s spine and she clung to Key’s back.

“Taemin. Stop it,” Kibum ordered and put a protective arm around Suryeon.

=====================================================================

Chapter four~ 

I like these chapters much better, but they still seem too short to me!!!!!

Am I crazy or are these chapters really short?

Please be honest and help me figure out how to make them longer and more interesting OTL

As always, I love you my faithful readers<3333