The Woods

Blood and Dust

 

One evening--around dusk--while wandering the forest she called home, a young faerie came across two unbelievably handsome boys and an equally gorgeous girl.

The trio wore ominous black from head to two; their various stances somewhat feline in nature. The female sat perched upon a low, thick tree branch. The males stood just beneath her; the taller one leaning against the tree's trunk, the shorter standing just below the female.

Not knowing what else to do, the faerie called out to them, "Are you three lost?"

Hearing her voice, all three heads whipped to face her. The shorter of the boys glided over to her searching deep into her bright blue eyes, "What is a pretty young girl like you doing in these woods all alone?" he asked, his face only inches from hers as he circled her closely.

The faerie knew something was not right, but for some reason she felt suddenly calm as he ran his hand along her back.

Before she could answer, he spoke again, "Why don't you stay with us? We can keep you safe," he whispered in her ear, his breath warm on her neck. A feeling of security washed over her at the sensation, even though every thought in her head was against it.

"Please hurry, Jonghyun. I'm hungry," The beautiful girl behind him said impatiently. She let out a sigh and looked around, arms crossed over her chest and an obviously bored expression on her face.

"Don't worry, the human will comply with anything in about 10 seconds," the boy beside her chimed, pulling himself away from the tree. He looked very young, maybe late teens. They all looked young, not much older than the faerie herself.

The shorter male, Jonghyun, turned his new plaything around to face him, "Will you stay with us?"

His words were a question but his tone sounded as though he was simply stating a fact. Although every ounce of her brain was yelling at her to say 'no' and run away, the girl instead nodded slowly. Her eyes were trapped by his almost-black ones; she was entranced by his gaze.

"Good girl,” came the whisper of Not-Jonghyun. He was right behind her now. His lips brushed her neck softly and she shivered involuntarily, caught off guard by his sudden proximity.

"Taemin, I got her to stay. She's mine," Jonghyun wrapped a strong arm around the helpless girl and pulled her tightly to his chest. He inhaled deeply, smelling her warm blonde hair. Even knowing she should pull away, the girl found herself not wanting to, "Mmm, that's peculiar," he hummed, "She smells like lilacs. I've never come across a human that smelled so much like flowers before,” he was mumbling more to himself than the other two.

"You two can share her. I'm going to find something else to drink,” the beautiful female dropped gracefully from her branch, her long ebony hair blowing in the breeze as she turned and walked off through the trees.

The victimized faerie knew the girl's words should frighten her. But with Jonghyun's arm around her, she only wanted to stay there in his safe embrace.

"I hate sharing," Not-Jonghyun—Taemin— said. He grabbed the hypnotized girl’s shoulder and roughly shoved Jonghyun back, yanking her harshly from his grasp.

She stumbled into the Taemin’s chest, as he encircled her in his own arms, "Hello beautiful," he murmured. The safe feeling she had before was instantly gone. Without wasting any more time, he leaned into her neck and inhaled deeply before biting down hard. His razor sharp teeth pierced the flesh of and blood poured out into his mouth. As pain seared through her body, she let out a blood-curdling shriek.

"No! I told you, she's mine!" Jonghyun rose from the ground where he had been discarded and grabbed Taemin by the shoulder. Ripping the taller boy away from his feast, Jonghyun dealt a strong punch to his jaw. A sickening crack was heard as the two began fighting violently. From the sound, more bones were definitely being broken, though neither male seemed to pay any attention to that.

 As the two lashed out at each other, the bleeding girl had collapsed to the ground, gripping the gashes in her neck. She was writhing in pain on the grass when she faintly heard someone else approaching.

"What did you do?!" a male voice screamed, it didn’t belong to either of the warring pair.

Another new voice also sounded, “Jonghyun! Taemin! Stop fighting,” the voice was authoritative and the sounds of battle ended, “Key, take her to Minho. Find out if his magic can save her.”

As her already blurred vision seemed to double, the wounded faerie felt herself being lifted from the ground. An arm shoved her hands from , and she felt something press firmly against it, blocking the outpouring of blood. One final thought went through her head before she passed out from the blood loss, whomever was carrying her wasn’t breathing.

=================================================

So here is the new and improved first chapter~

I hope you like it. I know I personally prefer this version much more^^

Leave your comments below.

I can't guarantee how often I'll be working on this, but I hope to work on it often enough so you readers aren't left hanging again.