Explanations

Blood and Dust

 

Fading back into consciousness, the young faerie girl squinted and cracked opened her eyes. She found herself in a room. Looking down, she realized the blankets that were definitely supposed to be perfect snowy white, were stained with crimson. She turned behind her to see matching crimson blotches on the pillows. Turning to the side, she saw more things marked with the red stains; a towel on the bedside table, the table itself, the floor. Her eyes dropped to her body, her favorite jade green dress also showed the contrasting red across it.

Seeing it all, she slowly began to recall the events before she out. Realization sunk in and she suddenly knew what the red stains were.

Blood.

Her blood.

With a piercing scream, she remembered the intense pain; the pain of Taemin... biting her.

"Are you alright?” a male voice sounded as the door opened and someone rushed in. He was surprisingly pretty for a man, with his smooth dark hair and feline eyes. His tone was worried but gentle, “I heard you scream, is something wrong?” Concern was painted over his lovely features. The faerie could tell that his beauty was inhuman, just like the trio she had met.

“What happened to me? Who were those people? What were they? Where am I? Are you like them?” all these questions flowed quickly from ; her tone hysterical. The male raised a perfect eyebrow as she paused to take a breath.

He put his hands up, palms facing her, “Calm down, you’re safe here. I promise I won’t hurt you,” He sat down on the farthest corner of the bed, giving her plenty of space as she eyed him warily. He took a breath before tackling all of her inquiries, “My name is Kim Kibum, please call me Key. I’m sorry, but you were attacked. I’m sure you can tell this isn’t a hospital, but it’s the only close place that could treat your... type of injury. The boys that attacked you are Taemin and Jonghyun... they’re... vampires. I am too,” he said before quickly adding, “But don’t worry, I already promised I wouldn’t hurt you.”

“Why couldn’t I get away?” the young faerie asked, much calmer than before, her tone more curious than hysterical now, “I wanted to get away, but I couldn’t. It was like I was supposed to be there, like it was wrong to leave,” she dropped her eyes to her folded hands on the blankets.

“Jonghyun,” Key breathed, “He has this... ability. He can’t make you do anything like Onew can, but he can make you want to. He made you feel like being with him was the safest thing to do.”

“Does the other vampire—T-Taemin—have that ability too?” she asked quietly.

“He has an ability but it’s not the same. Taeminnie can see the future. But he has to want to, he doesn’t just get random flashes like you see in the movies; Taemin has to try to see. It’s easy for him to see the future of humans like you, but harder when it’s beings like us—vampires.” the calm male explained.

The girl gave him a confused look, “Like me? But, I’m n--” before she could explain that she wasn’t a human, she was interrupted by a voice from across the room.

“Kibum, she needs to rest. You know what’s happening to her, she already looks different. Let her rest and complete the transformation,” a tall dark-haired man was standing in the doorway.

“Oh, Minho.” Key looked to yet another new face in the doorway then back to the bed-ridden female, “That’s Minho, he’s not a vampire,” he told her and rose from the bed, sauntering over to the door, “He’s a warlock,” he chimed over his shoulder before winking and closing the door.

The young faerie remained still for a few moments as she got lost in thought. She had received so much new information. Laying back onto the soft pillows, she stared at the ceiling for a while before growing very tired. She began to drift to sleep, but suddenly bolted upright when she remembered what the warlock had mentioned about her appearance changing. She scanned her eyes around the room again and found a small compact mirror on the table next to the bed. She grabbed it quickly and examined her reflection. She was surprised when she saw her skin no longer had the sun-kissed tan it used to; she was now quite pale. Her hair was different too. Where there were once golden blonde locks, now strawberry-brown hair cascaded around her face. She set the mirror back on the table, and lay down again. She stared at the ceiling for a long time before her eyes slowly closed and her consciousness faded.

===========================================================================================

Chapter two~

I hope you like how this is going so far...

And yes, I know it's probably annoying that her name hasn't been used at all yet, but BE PATIENT it's in like the next chapter.

Anyway, love you all my ever faithful readers<3