Breakfast Can Wait (Kris)

Fluff and Fatherhood: EXO as Dads (A Collection of Drabbles)
I feel tiny fingers lightly  my hair and warm kisses all over my face by a pair of soft, small lips. The bed moves ever so slightly as the weight beside me shifts, and I hear Wu Fan grunt softly as he's stirred awake by our daughter, who's trying her very best to wake me.
 
"Baby, Mommy is still sleeping. Come back to bed and let's just wait for her to wake up, okay?" I hear Wu Fan whisper, his voice still rough from sleep and cracking a little bit.
 
"But Daddy, she's been sleeping for so long! I wanna talk to Mommy!" 
 
I hear my little girl stomping her feet and whining softly, and those are enough to get me to open my eyes, willing myself out of sleep even if I know I could still use a few more hours of it.
 
I then remember coming home late from work the night before to find Wu Fan and our daughter already sleeping. I was so tired that I didn't even have the energy to change, and just fell into the bed and slept in the same clothes I wore to work.
 
"Good morning, sweetie. Mommy's up, come here," I tell her, and she immediately lights up, her pout changing to a gummy smile as she jumps on the bed and gives me a tight, warm hug.
 
"Mommy!" she shrieks, lying on top of me with her arms around my neck as she peppers my face with kisses, and I can't help but giggle, hugging her tightly.
 
Beside me, Wu Fan turns and lies on his side to watch us, his eyes still droopy, a sleepy smile on his face.   
 
"We missed you so much last night," he says in a low grumble. Friday night is usually family night, where the three of us gather around in the living room after dinner to eat popcorn and candy while watching a Disney movie. I felt horrible last night for missing it because of work. Hopefully I can make it up to them over the weekend.
 
"I'm sorry, sweetie. I had a ton of work and our team had to pull an all-nighter. I'll make it up to you this weekend. Should I make us breakfast?" I offer as I reach out to Wu Fan and pull him in for a chaste kiss.
 
Our little girl finds her favorite spot between us, lying on her side facing me, her back cushioned lightly by Wu Fan's warm chest and her hand draped across my waist. Wu Fan copies her, draping his long arm across our daughter and me as he pulls us tightly into a hug. Our little girl giggles and whines "Daddy!" softly, amused at being squeezed between her parents.
 
"Breakfast can wait. And we'll be the ones making you breakfast today, not the other way around. Right, sweetie?" Wu Fan tells me before turning to our little girl.
 
"Yes, Daddy! We'll make Mommy pancakes!"
 
I can't help but laugh, knowing I will probably have to clean up after their mess in the kitchen if I let them push through with their plan, but agreeing anyway. I already feel refreshed, the stress from my job completely gone just by spending a few minutes in bed with my family.
 
We stay in bed for another hour or so, enjoying the warmth of the covers and each other's company until the sunlight streaming through our bedroom window becomes too warm and we hear each other's stomachs grumble, letting us know it's probably time to get out of bed.
 
Our little girl is the first one up excitedly running to the kitchen while she calls out to her father to follow her quickly.
 
"I'll be right there, sweetie," Wu Fan calls out after her before turning his attention to me. He plants his lips on mine in a slow, gentle kiss, while he moves his body to hover over mine. I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him close as I try to deepen our kiss.
 
Eventually our little girl's screams become too loud to ignore, and Wu Fan and I pull away reluctantly.
 
"We'll do this another time," I assure him when I notice the look of disappoinment in his face.
 
Wu Fan sighs and smiles. "I know. How soon can we ask Kyungsoo and his wife to babysit, do you think?"
 
I laugh at his eagerness and his cheek with my fingers. "I'm sure they won't mind picking her up this afternoon."
 
That seems to wake him up completely, and in a flash he's out of bed and extending his hand for me to take.
 
"How about you give them a call while I run you a bath, and then we'll make you breakfast while you relax in the tub?"
 
I take his hand and get out of bed, standing on my tiptoe so I can give him a quick kiss. "I'll give them a call and we can make breakfast together. But maybe I can take that bath with you later?"
 
Wu Fan gives me a cheek grin and kisses me one last time before we set out hand-in-hand towards the kitchen.