First Snow (D.O. /Kyungsoo)

Fluff and Fatherhood: EXO as Dads (A Collection of Drabbles)

A/N: Thank you to everyone who subscribed to this! I wrote this drabble in a hurry and haven't had time to proofread it yet, but I wanted it up before Christmas. It's the first time you'll read about Daddy!Kyungsoo here, but it definitely won't be the last. He's my bias after all, so that much is expected, I suppose.

Anyway, happy holidays everyone! For more warm and fluffy Christmas feels with EXO, and Kyungsoo in particular, check out my friend's fic here - it's so cute and fluffy, it made me vomit rainbows and unicorns. And it made me cry because she wrote it for me. Yay! Thanks M Unnie! Hahaha. :)

 

---

 

Myeongdong is bustling and crowded on Christmas Eve, but she welcomes the joyful buzz of harmonious carols and cheerful chatter around her. Happily munching on some sausages on a stick, her favorite Korean street food, she stands on her tiptoe and cranes her neck to try and see above the crowd, waiting for Kyungsoo to come back. The twins’ diapers had to be changed and it was his turn to do it. Thankfully Sehun, who’s been with them all day, dutifully tagged along with him (the surprisingly attentive babysitter/uncle that he is) to help. She’s come to learn that an extra pair of hands is always welcome when it comes to taking care of twins, and makes a mental note to make Sehun’s present extra special next Christmas.

Earlier in the year, in January and only a few days after Kyungsoo’s birthday, they had been blessed with twins, a bouncy baby girl and a good-natured baby boy, both of whom got Kyungsoo’s large eyes and heart-shaped lips. It had been a memorable, albeit rather exhausting year, but they wouldn’t have asked for anything else.

She and Kyungsoo had been looking forward to celebrating the twins’ first Christmas ever since the last days of autumn gave way to winter, and now that Christmas Eve is upon them, while it felt nice to be out and about with all the lights and the carols and the crowd, she’s starting to long for the warmth and quiet of their home, where the four of them can celebrate a nice, memorable Christmas in peace.

“Noona!” Sehun calls from behind her, and she spins around to find him with her daughter in his arms, sleeping peacefully.

“She fell asleep on the walk from the restroom,” he whispers to her while he slowly and gently transfers the sleeping girl to her mother’s arms. She smiles and whispers a thank you, sincerely grateful at how Sehun’s been so helpful all day. She’s not entirely sure why he asked to tag along with them when he could be partying it up with his other single friends, but they’re not close enough for her to pry into his life and she really doesn’t mind having him around – she’s happy to have any of Kyungsoo’s friends visit to dote on their babies, and she’s always thankful when they babysit.

Kyungsoo comes back not long after, their little boy happily settled in his arms. The boy is quiet but curious, his large eyes (almost exactly the same as his father’s) scanning his surroundings in wonder, amazed at everything he sees. Kyungsoo has a quiet smile on his face, holding his son close to him, rocking him gently back and forth and showering the little boy with kisses. She can’t help but smile at the sight of them like this, and it tugs at her heart a little bit.

Sehun’s voice snaps her out of her thoughts. “Noona, I have to go. There’s…something I have to do.” He smiles shyly and nervously rubs the back of his neck. She looks at Kyungsoo, trying to see if he knows what’s going on, and true enough, his quiet smile has become a knowing grin. Or is that a sly smirk?

“Are you sure, Sehunnie? We have Christmas dinner at the house. But if you have somewhere else you have to be, don’t worry about us. Kyungsoo and I can handle the kids. Thanks so much for all your help today.”

“It’s not a problem, Noona. I had fun with you and Kyungie-hyung. It’s just that…I’ve been waiting for a friend to call me all day, and she did, just now, so…I’m gonna go see her.” Sehun is trying his very best to hide his unbridled happiness, but it’s painfully obvious in the way his eyes crinkle into half crescents as he smiles. She wants to , but knows he gets enough of that from his hyungs, so she stops herself.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, has other ideas.    

“His friend is in a party and has been drinking all afternoon, apparently. And she’s calling you now…why again, Sehunnie?”

Sehun blushes a fierce shade of pink at his hyung’s teasing, but tries to keep a straight face. He bids them goodbye and Merry Christmas, promising to be at the dinner with the other EXO members the next day, before he finally walks away (more like skips merrily away) towards the train station, leaving her and Kyungsoo laughing at the sight of his retreating figure.

“Jagi, you’ve got something on your face,” Kyungsoo tells her as he walks up to her. She thinks there must be some leftover ketchup on her face from the food she hastily finished earlier, but has no way to check, what with the sleeping baby in her arms.

“Here, let me,” Kyungsoo whispers, and before she knows it, he’s leaned into her, kissing a spot at the edge of her lips, gently away at whatever’s there. Their son giggles in his arms, happy to be cuddled between his parents, and the little girl stirs in her sleep in her mother’s arms, woken up by her brother’s chortles. Kyungsoo pulls away, smiling at his wife’s shocked expression.

“I’ve been wanting to do that all day,” he says, a victorious grin on his face.

“If you wanted to kiss me, you could’ve just said so,” she tells him in mock-annoyance while she coos at their daughter, now fully awake and bouncing energetically in her arms.

“No, I meant I’ve been wanting to taste ketchup all day. I’m starving. How could you eat those sausages without me?” he teases. He earns a light slap on the shoulder from her, which seems to amuse their daughter, who mimics the action. Meanwhile, their little boy watches them quietly with wide eyes and a heart-shaped smile that mimics his father’s.  

Their little family is so caught up with their antics that they don’t immediately notice the snowflakes that start falling onto their coats. It’s their little boy who looks up and holds out his hand first, trying to catch the snow slowly falling all around them. Not long after, their daughter squeals in excitement, amazed at the little bits of snow that have clung to her mother’s dark hair.

Kyungsoo searches for his wife’s eyes and they exchange quiet smiles. It’s the first time the twins have seen snow, and on Christmas Eve at that. He can’t help but think of how fortunate he is to have everything he could ever want in this world.

“Merry Christmas, Soo,” she whispers to him, leaning up for a kiss, which he happily gives her, with their twins blissfully unaware of their parents’ happy moment, too captivated by their first snow.