Speechless (Sehun)

Fluff and Fatherhood: EXO as Dads (A Collection of Drabbles)
"You're never gonna believe this, noona," he says excitedly over the receiver.
 
"Sehunnie, I'm so sorry but my boss is making me do something urgent and I really can't talk right now," you tell him, exhausted and maybe a little irritated. It's only Monday but you already feel beaten down by your workload at the office. It doesn't help that you're getting the worst case of menstrual cramps and have been suffering from a massive headache since the morning.
 
"But noona - "
 
"Baby, please. Can we talk about this later? I'm really sorry."
 
The line goes silent for a few seconds, enough to make you feel horrible about brushing off your warm, cheerful husband. You're about to apologize to him and explain yourself, but you hear something squeak from the other end of the call.
 
"Umma!"
 
It can't be. The tiny voice is familiar music to your ears, but the voice speaking the word isn't.
 
"Umma!"
 
Your jaw drops in shock and you have to cover your  mouth to keep yourself from breaking down in a mix of guilt and happiness. And to think you almost dropped the call! You wouldn't have been able to forgive yourself.
 
Funny how your baby's first word renders you speechless.
 
"Sehunnie, did she just - " you stutter, in the brink of tears.
 
"She did," Sehun says proudly. "She woke up from her nap and started looking for you. I had to give you a call."
 
At this point you're not even trying to hold it in - the tears flow freely as you sob quietly, phone held tightly to your ear.
 
 "Oh my god, Sehun-ah, I'm so sorry. I almost..."
 
"Don't worry about it. You're having a tough day. I hope we at least made you happy."
 
"Always. You always make you happy. Thank you for calling me. I'll come home soon okay?"
 
 
 
*****
An update that took freaking forever! I've had this in my laptop for so long but I've only been able to post it now, because I'm putting off writing this ty fic about Kyungsoo. intimidates me, so I had to go back to some of the fluff I've written. There's another Daddy Kris drabble coming your way soon too, I should say. Hope you look forward to it! Thanks for reading! :) - D
 
P.S. Is that not the cutest baby on Sehun's lap? So adorable. ^_^