Bundle of Surprises (Kris)

Fluff and Fatherhood: EXO as Dads (A Collection of Drabbles)

I come home to find our daughter in the living room, hiding from me behind her father. The little girl, age 3, tries to take a peek at me from between Wu Fan's legs, looking scared and guilty, and my heart breaks a little, wondering what could've happened for her to feel that way.

Wu Fan, standing in the living room and trying to pry our daughter from behind him, mirrors our little girl's expression, and I can't help but notice how much of her features she had gotten from her father. The thought makes me smile a little.

"Honey, don't get mad,” he starts to tell me slowly. “But we broke your camera."

"No, Daddy broke it! I didn't!" Our daughter chimes in from behind him.

"Baby!" Wu Fan whines at the little girl before bending down to take her in his arms, and I chuckle at how adorable the two of them are together.

I almost don't mind the sorry sight of my camera perched at the coffee table, indeed broken, its lens cracked and with what looks like bits of grass all over it.

“We wanted to surprise you with photos of us, so we went to the park after I picked her up from daycare and we had so many nice pictures but...yeah, I had a little too much fun at the monkey bars.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at that, imagining my husband with his long legs and limbs dangling awkwardly from the monkey bars, and our daughter watching him in amusement.

"We're sorry Mommy," our daughter whispers apologetically in her father’s arms, still unable to look at me, trying to hide her face in Wu Fan’s neck.

She’s so sincere and adorable that all of my frustration over the broken camera (there wasn’t much to begin with, really) melts away with her apology.

"It's okay sweetie! Daddy will buy me a new one," I tell her as I take her from Wu Fan and carry her in my arms, kissing her on the cheek and tucking strands of her hair away from her face. “Don’t feel bad anymore, okay?”

At that her whole face lights up and she’s smiling from ear to ear, one that mirrors her father’s signature gummy smiles. I kiss her forehead before putting her down and telling her to tidy up her toys so we can get ready for dinner.

 

Wu Fan follows me into the kitchen to help with dinner. I’m washing my hands on the sink when I feel strong arms circling my waist from behind.

“So you’re really not mad?” he asks, tucking his chin on my shoulder and planting a chaste kiss on my cheek.

A smile forms on my lips. “There’s no way I can get mad at you today.”

I turn around to face him and he looks confused, not knowing why I’m in such a good mood after a long, grueling day at work.

“I went to the doctor this afternoon,” I tell him.

Immediately his look of confusion is replaced with concern. “Did something happen? Is everything okay?”

“No, nothing’s wrong. In fact, it’s the opposite. Wu Fan…I’m pregnant.”

His eyes go wide in shock and surprise, his gaze never leaving my mine. As the news sinks in his eyes crinkle and he smiles, though he still looks like he isn’t believing any of this.

“How far along are you? Are you sure? But we’ve been so careful…”

“My guess is it was that Saturday Kyungsoo and his wife took the kids out on a play date.” I blush at the memory and smile at him deviously, remembering a particularly memorable Saturday afternoon.

Wu Fan wrinkles his forehead, seemingly in deep thought. “In that case, we might have to name our baby after the brand of whipped cream we used that day…” he says with a smirk on his face, leaning in and pulling me closer to him.

I laugh and slap his shoulder playfully, standing on my tiptoe to reach out to him for a kiss.

“I’m gonna call my parents and break the news to them tonight,” I tell him between kisses.

He hums in agreement before his face lights up again. "Your father is going to be thrilled. I'm giving him a grandchild, again. He's gonna love me."

I laugh and roll my eyes as I pull away from him. Wu Fan’s unending desire to please my father never fails to amuse me. "Don't push your luck. You're still the guy who took me away from him and brought me to Seoul."

 

We hear our daughter calling out for us in the living room, announcing that she’s done cleaning up her toys.

"We're gonna have to tell her, too." I whisper to Wu Fan, not quite as excited as before. If there was one thing that had me worried about this new baby, it was how our little daughter would take the news.  

Wu Fan looks toward the living room, to where our daughter has started rapping to one of her father’s popular songs. “She’ll be fine. I’ve seen the way she is with other kids, she loves company. She’s going to love having another baby around.”

I could only hope he’s right. "We should really visit Luhan and his wife soon, have her meet their new baby. It'll be a good way to ease her into having a baby brother or sister.”

"Good idea. Oh, and Sehun’s been bugging me about setting up that playdate with us and Kyungsoo. He seems eager to have someone babysit their kid for a day. Must be needing some quality time with the wife…”

I chuckle at the thought of Sehun, looking like a lost little puppy every time his wife is around, following her every move and never leaving her side.

“Let’s do that. And our daughter’s been asking to see Kyungsoo’s kid too. I think she might have a little crush on him.”

At that Wu Fan’s face becomes serious, so evidently protective of his little girl. “She’s too young to be having crushes,” he says, pouting. “Besides, that kid is a handful. And our daughter will probably be too tall for him anyway.”  

I have to laugh at him being all defensive, finding it completely adorable. "I'm sure Kyungsoo’s wife would love to set up their kid with ours," I tell him. If she ever finds out about our daughter's little crush on their little boy, she will most definitely squeal and flail about in excitement, while Kyungsoo watches with wide eyes, forever amused at his wife's dorkiness.

Kris chuckles as he walks to the living room to fetch our daughter. "I'm sure she would. She's lovely, but she can be a handful too."

 

---

A/N: This one is for N, the Kris to my Tao, who spoils me with her ty Kyungsoo fics! You know I'm crap at so instead I offer you fluff. And you did say I wasn't allowed to write Kris , right? #biasthiefproblems

And hey, M and P make a cameo in here too! So I guess a shoutout is in order to the EXO Support Group. Haha. :)