White Lies

The Pianist
"He is poor." Jaejoong said and heard a giggle on the other end of the phone.
 
"Does it really matter?" The voice asked.
 
"Well, it matters to me."
 
He was sitting in the middle of his huge bed, on his sheets of silk, imported from some far away and exotic place.
 
His suite was composed itself by other richly decorated rooms, an anti room, a huge closet, and of course a bathroom. All marble and hardwood.
 
"Aish, Jaejoongie, what does it matter? You said you liked him! I never hear you talking about liking someone."
 
"And you think it's my fault?" Jaejoong replied arrogantly. "This isn't my fault the fact that no one is worth it."
 
"Yah! Kim Jaejoong! About me? I'm not worth it?"
 
"Of course you are worth Yunho, you are my friend."
 
"And all I'm worth it because I'm your friend and I only your friend because I'm rich?"
 
Jaejoong rolled his eyes "We've been friends since we were crybabies, Jung Yunho, don't make a drama. Anyway it had nothing to do with you."
 
"Oh yes, the talk was about your crush on that poor boy ..."
 
"Yah! I just said there was something about him that I like."
 
"Haha, a part of his body, I can imagine what it would be."
 
"Yah! Why do you have to talk that way? Since I said I'm gay Yoochun and you are doing jokes all the time!"
 
"But we keep talking about because you like it."
 
"Yah!" Jaejoong hung in his face, but he knew that his friend was laughing out loud the next few minutes.
-
 

 

"Yaah! Junsu if you wet me again I'll make you eat this hose!"
 
"Aigoo! I have to wash this part of the car, why are you there? Please, you can't just vacuum the inside of the car while I wash the outside?"
 
Changmin supported the body on the side of the car, there was no way to avoid getting wet while washing a car.
 
"I hate that underemployment" he murmured.
 
Junsu sighed and closed the hose. "You know Min-ah, you do not need to be here helping me, you have to study and-"
 
"Oh no, Junsu, I like to help you ... I just think we could try to find a better job."
 
Junsu smiled "Thank you for supporting the school, Min-ah."
 
"You and your brother had a very good idea. Founding a music school for underprivileged children. I'm proud of you guys."
 
"You know, Changmin, everything would be easier if we had sponsorship ..."
 
Changmin thought of Heaven, the music store where he met Jaejoong. Maybe he could ask for help? Remembering embarrassing moment Jaejoong practically forced him to get those guitar strings he felt his face burning.
 
No. He wouldn't dared to ask for sponsorship. It was too embarrassing.
 
"Junsu-yah, because we have no sponsorship, it looks like we'll have to work a little harder!"
 
A luxury car stopped next to Changmin and a guy in dark glasses asked him "Hey man, a sign at the entrance of the car wash says the money raised goes to a charity?"
 
Changmin smiled "We're raising money for our music school for underprivileged children, sir."
 
The boy in the car smiled "Don't call me sir, I believe that we are almost the same age." He extended his hand and said "Nice to meet you, my name is Park Yoochun."
 
"I'm Shim Changmin, nice to meet you too."
 
"Look, I'd like to help you somehow. I love music and I want to help underprivileged children learn music."
 
Junsu smiled and approached the window saying "Any help is welcome sir."
 
"Well," Yoochun said "next week I will attend a big social event to raise funds for charities. I think I can point to this school as one of the beneficiaries of the event."
 
"That would be perfect!" Junsu replied.
 
Although Changmin suspicious of so much sudden kindness, he shrugged and thanked promptly.
 
"Hey Changmin" Yoochun said "I have a friend who owns a music shop" handed him a card "tell him you know me, and feel free to ask some help. Sometimes he talks like a bastard, but deep down he's a really nice guy." He looked at Changmin carefully before smiling and saying "I think he will like you. " 
 

'Okay, that was creepy' he thought, but said nothing.

When the car was gone , he shoved the card store music in his pocket without reading, talking with Junsu about how would be nice if they could get sponsorship.

 

 

Yoochun called Yunho with the car phone without taking his hands off the wheel.
 
"Yunhoooo! Wassup?"
 
"Oh, I have news to tell you.'s About Jaejoongie. But first, tell me about your trip to Japan"
 
"Ah, hyung! I was bored without you guys. But I was missing my little brother, it was very good to see him after so long. You know? I just go back to our country and I was thinking about my friends. Jaejoong continues arrogant and spoiled, I suppose?"
 
"Each day worse, Yoochun-ah."
 
"I want to meet a nice boy to be his boyfriend and teach him a little about humility, love ... these silly things that make us good."
 
"Oh yes. But you keep trying to push every cute guy you see."
 
"Well, I try to find nice guys. See, I just met a cute guy and he is involved with charity projects. It can be the perfect guy for our friend."
 
"He is rich?" 
 
"I doubt it."
 
"How do you expect an arrogant guy as our Jaejoongie-"
 
"Yunho, don't you understand? Behooves us, as his friends to fix this defect in him. I'm cursing him, he will fall for a decent, poor guy. Only then it will mature."
 
"Well, that's what I would talk, Yoochun-ah ... He met a boy ... a poor boy ... and he liked him!"
 
Yoochun braked sharply "EHHH??"
 
"So ..." Yunho was saying "we need to know this boy. Maybe he will transform our dear Jaejoongie, huh? What do you think?"
 
 
 
 
"EHHHHHHHHHHH?" Changmin shouted.
 
"What, what happened?" Junsu ran down the steps.
 
The apartment was really tiny, there was only one room in small and cramped upstairs and downstairs had a small living room, kitchen and bathroom. The twins Kim Junsu and Kim Junho were sharing the rent with him.
 
Changmin hid the card behind his back "Yah! Are you so curious Junsu!"
 
"I just wonder why you screamed so loud! Hey, hey! What are you hiding behind your back?"
 
"It's nothing!" Changmin said, but didn't prevent Junsu steal music store card from his hand.
 
"Heaven" he read. "Oh, this is the music store we will ask for sponsorship."
 
"No. .. Junsu, let's find another store."
 
"But the friend of the store owner indicated in this shop. He said we could use his name to ask for sponsorship! By the way, why you screamed just now?"
 
"Junsu-yah ... remember that story I told you? About a guy in a store give me the guitar strings?"
 
"Yes, I remember ... Oh"
 
"Yeah, the guy working at that store."
 
"This is better than I thought! He will surely help us!"
 
"Yah! We can't go there!"
 
"Why not? Just because you're embarrassed? Think about it, Minnie! This is for children, not for us!"
 
Changmin snorted. 'I'll have to be forced to go back there?'
 
Junsu put his hand on his shoulder, saying calmly "But Changmin, I thought everything was good between you and that guy. I mean, you played a solo for him. If you ask me I will think this is really romantic!"
 
"Yah! That wasn't romantic! I was just trying to be friendly ..".
 
"Friendly?" A voice sounded inside the room. "Since when are you friendly, Shim Changmin?"
 
"Junho hyung! Do you hear conversations about my personal life?"
 
"So what?" June said "This house is too small, I'll listen to any conversation."
 
"Anyway," Junsu said "I thought everything was fine between you and the boy."
 
"I don't know ..."
 
"He didn't like the solo?"
 
"I'm so embarrassed because of it! When I finished playing, he had fallen asleep!"
 
"Junsu-yah" Jun said "Don't you find them very cute?"
 
When Junsu laughed, Changmin threw a pillow on her face.
 
"Changmin"
 
Changmin looked at Junho.
 
"If it is so important to you to the point you feel uncomfortable or embarrassed, there is only one way you'll know if he may have enjoyed your music or not. You have to ask him." He smiled "Don't worry, we're with you."
 

 

"How do we guess who is the poor boy who Jaejoong liked?" Yunho whispered.
 
"Well, the store manager will tell me."
 
"Aish, you and your spies." Yunho replied.
 
"It's called strategy, friend."
 
The manager of the store came to them. "Mr. Jung Mr. Park."
 
"Hi"
 
"Wassup"
 
"Mr. Park asked me to warn if that boy come here."
 
"Yes? He's in Store?"
 
"Yes sir, he just walked through the door."
 
Yunho and Yoochun looked at the door, surprised to see that the boy was almost a man. Tall, strong and handsome but still, cute at same time.
 
"Hey" Yoochun whispered "I know that boy."
 
"How can you know him?"
 
"Do you remember yesterday when I called you and said he had just met a cute boy who was linked to charity projects?"
 
"Oh So looks like he was sent from heaven. Handsome and gentle? Aish, Jaejoong deserves so much?"
 
They both laughed.
 
Changmin was almost being pushed by the twins to enter the shop, but the moment he stepped inside, the two brothers disappeared like magic. 'I'll eat all their dinner as revenge!' thought the boy.
 
"Hey you. Changmin. Remembers me?" Said a boy with black hair and beautiful smile.
 
"Oh, of course I remember you, Yoochun."
 
"Yunho, this is my friend, Changmin. Changmin, this is Yunho."
 
"Pleasure to meet you."
 
"The pleasure is all mine."
 
"Given the formalities" Yoochun smiled "Tell me, Changmin, you have come to follow my advice? To request sponsorship to manager of this store?"
 
"Oh This ...well, I came because I needed to talk to an employee of this shop. I'm not sure about asking for sponsorship from the store, however."
 
Yunho frowned."Who is this employee of the store you're looking for?"
 
"Oh, a boy ... his name is Jaejoong, Kim Jaejoong. He's pianist."
 
Yunho and Yoochum seemed surprised somehow.
 
"Employee?" Yoochun asked.
 
"Kim Jaejoong owns this store."
 
Changmin was shocked. Because of this, he was even more embarrassed.
 
"Oh .. well, I ... I think I should go-"
 
"Changmin?" Sounded a voice behind him.
 
Jaejoong
.
"Oh, you."
 
Yunho and Yoochun exchanged a quick glance.
 
"Hey, Jaejoongie!" Yoochun put his arm over one of Changmin's shoulders  "You know my friend, Shim Changmin?"
 
Jaejoong didn't know how he should act. His friends knew Changmin then? How was that possible?
 
"Our friend, actually. I know him too." Yunho said.
 
"Jaejoongie, you remember the charity event next week? That great event that your dad's company is organizing?" Changmin will be there representing an institution."
 
Jaejoong frowned . " He will be representing an institution ? But I thought he - "
 
"What?" Yoochun said. "Changmin is a philanthropist."
 
The fact is that Jaejoong thought Changmin was barely able to take care of himself , how much more do philanthropy. His clothes were simple, and he didn't seem to belong to high society.
 
Knowing well his friend , Yunho chuckled and said " Changmin is so gentle and humble that he likes to dress simply. I find that admirable."
 
"Me too." Yoochun nodded.
 
Changmin just couldn't interfere in a conversation in which he was the main point.
 
"You need someone to accompany you, Changmin?" Jaejoong asked.
 
"Y-Yes?" Changmin replied uncertain under the keen eye of his new millionaire friends.
 
Jaejoong moved a little closer and he felt his heart race.
 
"We'll go together, then. But you'll have to dress better if you want to go out with me." Saying this, Jaejoong walked confidently.
 
Everyone seemed relieved when he walked away.
 
"What the hell is going on here?" Changmin said, afflicted.
 
Yoochun said "We have a plan that involves you and our friend Jaejoong."
 
"What do you mean by that?"
 
"Yoochun and I want to fix this arrogant side of our friend. But for this, we need someone like you, Changmin."
 
"I don't know what I have to do with it!"
 
"He likes you, Changmin." Yoochun  muttered and Changmin's eyes widened.
 
"What did you said?"
 
"Besides," added Yunho "Yoochun told me about a music school for underprivileged children. Would you care for others, Jaejoong must learn to be a bit like you."
 
"If you help us," Yoochun said "We will personally sponsor the school."
 
"But what I have to do? Pretending to be something I'm not?" Changmin was still more distressed.
 
Yunho grabbed his shoulder and said "You just need to approach of him a little more. Go to this party, please. We want you to pretend to be a philanthropist because our friend is still too arrogant to realize that rich and poor have the same relevance. We just want to heal him of his arrogance."
 
"Even if I try to help you guys, I don't think I can help substantially. Why would he listen to me? Besides, even if you tell me that he likes me, I'm not really sure."
 
"Anyway, Changmin-ah, this is a simple agreement. You help us and we help you."
 
"It's just this event?"
 
"Yes," Yoochun replied, "You just need a date."
 
"Think of the children." Yunho said.
 
Changmin looked at Junsu and Junho that were on the other side of the store, looking excited to be close to the musical instruments.
 
'All I gotta do is convince Jaejoong try to be less arrogant. It doesn't matter so much that I'm lying about not being as poor as I really am. It's not like he cared so much about me, anyway. I will be helping other people, that's what really matters.'  He thought.
 
"All right, we have an agreement. This is just a white lie right?" Changmin said.
 
Yunho and Yoochun smiled thinking that perhaps a meeting was enough that they fall in love. After all, fate had already done with what they had already met. Changmin Seemed to be what was missing in Jaejoong's life. And vice versa.
 
 
N//A Sorry for my english. This isn't my native language.