Caged Bird.

The Pianist

*not reviewed*

 

Changmin was standing near the entrance gate of the Kim's family property. Looking at the huge mansion several yards forward, he muttered to himself, "What is the point of building a home so far from the gate? I need a car to get there."

Suddenly a voice sounded over the intercom. "Mr. Shim. Mr. Kim will get you within a few minutes, please wait."
 
"Okay"
 

In a few minutes, Jaejoong arrived in a luxury bike, extremely expensive. 

He was dressed in dark brown vinyl. y. When he took off his helmet, he looked at his dongsaeng up and down.
 
Changmin was a shy boy, he was a little nervous, but deliciously flattered.
 
"Like what you see?" he asked, surprisingly self-assured.
 
Jaejoong smiled "you have no idea."
 
Changmin was formally dressed in black suit , white linen shirt and expensive shoes - courtesy of his sponsor Jung Yunho . He had told Yunho that it wasn't necessary, but that was an obvious lie, Yunho told him he could return the clothes after the mission was accomplished.
 
Changmin kept repeating to himself  'is just a date, it's just one night ' but he didn't feel good doing so, the increased possibility was that Jaejoong hated him at the end.
 
"Where's your car?"
 
"My Car?" Changmin looked around, confused, he had no car. "M-My car broke" he lied.
 
Jaejoong shrugged "Come," he said "I'll give you a ride to my house."
 
"But ... But we shouldn't go to the fundraiser?"
 
Jaejoong laughed, "Don't you think I would go to a formal event dressed as a biker, right? I'll get ready while you wait for me in the living room ..."
 
"In the living room?"
 
"But you can wait me in my bedoom if you want." He winked.
 
"Oh. Living room looks great to me." Changmin replied.
 
Changmin was walking around in the living room.
 
Jaejoong had said before leaving "I'll be pretty", but in Changmin's opinion, he was always pretty.
 
The interior decoration of the house was vintage, elegant and refined, but also warm and comfortable. Thinking of how isolated the problems of the world; Jaejoong grew with his arrogance and confidence intact protected by those walls and lots of money, would Changmin do allusion to a cage. That beautiful bird born in a golden cage not know how real life could be, with disease, hunger, cold and fatigue and also the feeling of a job well done, or the pride that survive despite the challenges. Jaejoong has a fake life, boring life.
 
There was a light pink piano in one corner, covered by a nearly transparent fabric. He frowned, 'Although he loves the piano, he really can't play? Why?'
 
After what seemed an eternity, Jaejoong went downstairs he was dressed in white and looked like a fairytale prince.
 
Given the admiring gaze of the younger boy, Jaejoong asked "Like what you see?"
 
Changmin smirked.
 
"You know, Min-ah" Jaejoong began to move slowly, like a panther "You really make me want to look more pretty ..."
 
'More pretty? That's impossible' 'the younger boy thought.
 
"Why are you looking at me that way dongsaeng? Yunho should have told you that I am older than you, but that's no reason for you to get nervous when I talk to you."
 
"I'm not nervous, Jaejoong hyung."
 
"No? For me you seem a little tense."
 
"You're wrong, hyung!"
 
Jaejoong laughed a little deciding a little more.
 
"You're looking like a scared little ."
 

"I 'm not a !"

A group of girls was walking in the living room at that moment, giggled and whispered among themselves, "he isn't a ", "eh?", he's pretty and handsome! ", "But I think he 's cute" " I'm envious of Jaejoong, because he's pretty like that, he has the best boys."

"No, that ..." Changmin tried to explain, but he sounded increasingly compromising. 'They think that Jaejoong and I ...' just the thought made ​​his face burn.
 
"Hyung! Say something!"
 
"Say what? My sisters know how I'm a lucky guy."
 
'A lucky guy, huh?' Changmin thought 'Oh sure, he must have hundreds of guys on his feet.' He wasn't sure if his irritation was caused by his arrogance, or if it was just jealousy. Maybe both.
 
Yunho and Yoochun were completely wrong in thinking that someone like Changmin could do something to change Jaejoong.
 
"If you are having romantic thoughts, Min, please stop..." Jaejoong was very close now "will be more fun if you don't expect too much from me."
 
Changmin got angry, he smirked and said, "Indeed , you are very pretty, hyung . But only your beauty would be enough to keep my interest? Thinking from this perspective, if anyone here thinks romantically, this is you and not me."
 
Jaejoong stopped smiling.
 
Changmin stepped back and said " You're like a prince, hyung. And I 'm just a commoner. If Yunho and Yoochun not told you about me, you'd probably still be that arrogant and mysterious boy in the store, but why are you acting so charming now that I 'm well-dressed in the middle of your living room?" He went to the window and looked out, before looking around the living room richly decorated. "You know hyung, I'd rather be a bird that flies freely and sleeps in its nest of sticks to being a beautiful ornamental bird in a silver cage. Useless, static, a life of false reassurance, a bird who only sees life passing by outside the cage. I'm living in a dream right now, going to this party with a prince as a rough version of Cinderella, and at midnight, when the bells ring, I could go back to my pumpkin carriage, but I return to fly like a free bird." 
 
Saying this, he walked to the door, "Come on, your driver awaits us."
 
Before this get the door, however, an elegant lady stopped in front of him.
 
"Oh" Changmin bowed, greeting her with respect.
 
"All right, young man, we aren't in a business meeting, stand up and let me see your face."
 
Jaejoong approached saying "he's handsome, isn't, Mom?"
 
"Yes he is. What's your name, boy?"
 
He thought 'If I say my name, she'll find out very quickly that I'm not a philanthropist or anything.' But it wasn't like he had any choice, "My name is Shim Changmin, lady."
 
Changmin didn't feel right having to talk to Jaejoong's mother - not knowing how to deal with rich people, didn't know if his words were formal enough and he expect to be judged by his behavior. 
 
Jaejoong took him by the arm dragging him out with a quick "bye mom, we're late. Please don't wait for me, I'll arrive late tonight."
 
When they walked towards the car, Jaejoong giggled and said "I feel like I brought a boyfriend or something Today, my sisters and my mother met you, and at this party to raise money for funds, you will see my father, this is exciting for you?'s like-"
 
"Yah!" Changmin got rid of Jaejoong's hand on his arm.
 
"That was just a coincidence, Kim Jaejoong. Someone like me would never have the opportunity to meet important people such as your family, then we can stop here."
 
"Why are you talking like that?" Jaejoong seemed genuinely surprised and confused ... and trying not to look hurt. 'After all,' he thought 'why he is being so aggressive?' He thought. He looked back at his beautiful home, or in Changmin's words, 'cage'. 'Why is he making tonight so difficult? He doesn't realize he's making me sad?'
 
"I'm sorry." Changmin murmured, almost as low to be heard. "I don't want to ruin the night."
 
'What am I thinking?' Jaejoong thought 'why this guy I barely met is making me feel this way?' "Hahaha" Jaejoong forced a laugh, pretending indifference, "I don't care about anything that you said. You can't ruin my night even if you wanted to, I really don't care about you."
 
Jaejoong started walking faster trying almost desperately to sound carefree and happy, but suddenly felt the other boy holding his wrist.
 
"Hyung? Look at me."
 
"Aish, brat, you are very cheeky, talking to me like that!"
 
Changmin was looking deeply into his eyes and it was a little hard to think, it made him angry and being angry was easier to be rude, be cruel. But then, when his dongsaeng reached up and touched his face gently, he felt he could collapse at any moment.
 

"Hyung. I'm sorry. You are right not to care about me, but the truth is... the truth is that I care about you, so ... " he bite his lower lip. "Let's have a good night, yes? A memorable night." He smiled "If you really want to go to this event, or if you need to, we should go, fulfill our role, and then we'll go out, eat street food, sit down near a fountain, see the stars on top of a tree ... anything. You don't need to pretend when you're with me. "

Jaejoong got rid of his hand.
 
"What are you talking about, dongsaeng?"
 
"You don't have to force a smile and say that it doesn't matter, and tell that you hate pianos and-"
 
"STOP IT!" Jaejoong grabbed his own head, pulling a few strands of hair "STOP TALKING PIANO PIANO PIANO! I HATE PIANO!"
 
Changmin could see that his hyung closed his eyes to keep from crying, sighing, he hesitated a few seconds before slowly extend his hand and touch him on the shoulder.
 
Jaejoong opened his eyes.
 
"Hyung ... it's okay now. We aren't just music. Come enjoy the evening."
 
Jaejoong was tired of carrying his grievances within himself. Changmin was right, he was pretending to be fine, pretending to hate piano. It was so disconcerting to have someone who can read him as easily as if he were a book.
 
"I drive." He muttered and both got into the car.
 

Looking out the open window while his hyung drove through town, Changmin thought it didn't matter if Jaejoong get frustrated, he didn't care if any of them would lget hurt, he would see Jaejoong in his real form, and his hyung could - hopefully - finally get back to the music.

Yunho and Yoochun wanted him to teach humility to Jaejoong , but what they knew about Changmin itself? He was also full of pride and confidence when it came to playing guitar.

He was letting Jaejoong's friends use him as he took advantage of the situation .. to get closer to his hyung , try to touch his heart at least once. 
 
After several minutes just driving around, Jaejoong muttered "They told you about... that, didn't?"
 
Changmin sighed, thinking 'Ah, hyung, just driving around, instead of taking us to that damn party.'
 
"What are you talking about, hyung?"
 
"Don't take me a fool, Changmin. Yunho and Yoochun ... those two s ... what they said about me?"
 
"And you want to talk about it now? I thought we had decided to have a good night."
 
"Changmin, please."
 
"They said you're an arrogant jerk ... and ..."
 
"And...?"
 
"They are worried ... because you lock yourself in your house all the time (Changmin thought 'But this can't be true, I saw you twice at the music store!')  and they said you pretend you're okay, but .... but you can't sleep at night ... and you didn't ... didn't seems the same since ... " 
 
'They told him that I lock myself in my house, that's why he said that I live in a cage.' Jaejoong thought. 
 
"Since I stopped playing?"
 
Changmin didn't need to respond.
 
"They told you why I stopped playing?"
 
"No."
 
Jaejoong stopped the car.
 
"I don't know why you care about me so much, honey ... but you will care less when you know me better."
 
'That means I'll know you better, hyung?' Changmin looked out the window and tried not to smile.
 
 
N//A: Sorry for the delay in updating fanfics, I worked a lot this week!
But the holidays are coming and that means I'll have more free time to write!
Yey!