Broken String

The Pianist
*sorry, no reviewed*
 
"You never have to ask
But I'm gonna love you"
 
 
 
Delicate drops of rain began to fall, the city was cooling while the boy ran trying not to get wet, covering his head with an old folder of tanned leather.
 
He had written in the folder "S. Changmin" with infant letters because he had that folder since he was kid.
 
He entered the first store he found where the pleasant smell of new musical instruments filled his senses.
 
It was as if he had found a little piece of paradise.
 
After a few weeks feeling like a bird out of the nest in that big cold city.
 
The smell of rain still poured through the cracks of the windows in vintage style but in there that place, he felt comfortably warm.
 
The buzz of people talking about music and musical instruments made ​​him miss his old music school, an old and traditional conservatory, in a tiny town.
 
'I won't falter now that I'm alone', he thought, walking slowly, watching people touch flutes and violins with care and respect
.
The world should be made ​​of music.
 
Before seeing the boy, he saw the piano. A white piano, refined, perfect. Had German words written in gold, and ivory keys gave an air of divine grace. He wondered how it would be a pianist, sounding beautiful soft melodies.
 
The sound of the rain is over and timidly shining, a few rays of late afternoon sun came through the window reflecting on the piano keys indirectly, and he smiled without realizing.
 
He wanted to play. But he wasn't pianist.
 
But on his guitar a string broke and he felt a little sad.
 
It'll be okay, he thought. No sad thought about how he was feeling alone since coming to live in that gray city, no thought how hard it would be to buy food and fend off the cold. No unhappy thoughts. Because at that moment he was surrounded by musical instruments and people who loved music.
 
He took a step toward the white and stunning piano.
 
A pale finger touched a key. There was one boy who he hadn't noticed yet.
 
He waited for the boy to touch other keys, but he didn't.
 
While Changmin was trying to drive away the sad thoughts of his mind, the other boy seemed immersed in them, with his black eyes gazed the piano absently.
 

Almost as pale as the ivory keys, the boy's skin looked so smooth. Changmin thought the boy and the piano seemed so perfectly match each other.

"Can you play?" He asked.
 
The pale boy looked at him. He was dressed in white and looked younger, but something in his posture made ​​him look older at same time. His lips were a delicate shade of pink and Changmin wondered how it would look if smiling - 'prettier I think'.
 
"I hate piano." Answered the boy began to walk toward him.
 
Changmin's heart beat a little stronger, but the other boy just passed him. He had a sweet smell.
 
Then he heard someone mutter "Did you see that pretty boy? He played a piano key and left."
 
Another person replied "I know him, his name is Kim Jaejoong. He is a pianist prodigy. It is a pity that he didn't play anymore. But for a moment I thought he was going to play."
 
The people who were talking about the pale boy turned away and Changmin wondered if that boy really hated pianos. He doesn't played because he can't? Maybe he is poor like me and can't buy a piano like that one."
 
Maybe it was now more difficult to keep from feeling sadness, but the sadness wasn't for himself and the broken wire of his guitar. He watched as the other boy walked through the store, looking at everything but not actually seeing anything.
 
Changmin began to follow him slowly, wondering if he could do something when the boy stopped in front of a window watching the droplets seeping from the window. The rain was over, but the city was still wet.
 
"Why are you following me?"
 
Changmin didn't know. Then he said "Don't be sad."
 
Jaejoong looked at him with some attention this time.
 
"Don't you hate piano, right?"
 
The pale boy looked at him too surprised to answer his question.
 
"You need not be sorry for not being able to play the piano now. You can do this later. "Changmin said.
 
"You know nothing about me, kid."
 
"But I know you don't hate piano. I think you are sorry for not being able to play, although I don't know why. "
 
"And you know? Play the piano? "
 
"What? Play piano?" Changmin smiled embarrassed "I can't play the piano."
 
"Then why are you talking like he knows what's happening to me?" Jaejoong was getting annoyed.
 
"Because I know how you feel. I also want to play ... not piano, but guitar. "
 
"So why don't you go play your guitar and leave me alone?"
 
That boy Jaejoong was cold as the wind outside.
 
"I can't play now. A broken string ... " Changmin said.
 
"This isn't expensive. You are in a music store items, buy strings for your guitar and get out. "
 
"I have no money ..."
 
Jaejoong stared at the boy who was in front of him. His dark brown wool jacket was stitched in places and one of the mittens was torn. The leather folder in his hands were frayed and had a few drops of water on his little messy hair.
 
"What's your name, boy?"
 
"Changmin. Shim Changmin. "
 
"Changmin, if you could play guitar now, you'd be happy?"
 
"You have no idea how much."
 
Jaejoong started walking around the store. When he realized that he was not being followed this time, he said "You're not coming with me, Shim Changmin?"
 
Changmin hurried to follow him, somewhat surprised.
 
Stopping beside a glass shelf to Jaejoong picked up a box of guitar strings and asked "Do you use do this kind of string?"
 
Changmin smiled and nodded.
 
Jaejoong placed the box in his hand and said "Now you can be happy."
 
"But-"
 
"What? You told me you would be happy if you could play guitar. Now you can do this. Piss off. Go play guitar. "
 
"But you picked the most expensive brand! I can not even afford the cheapest. "
 
"You're not buying it from me. I'm giving you this. "
 
"But-"
 
"Hey! Manager-shi! "Jaejoong called and the store manager came towards him, smirking. "Yes, sir?"
 
"This boy is my friend, give him everything he needs, when he needs it, I made ​​myself clear?"
 
"Yes sir." Turning to Changmin, the man said "What can I do to help you, young sir?"
 
Panicking, Changmin tried to deliver the box of yarn guitar for the manager, awkwardly mumbling "I can't, I don't want- ..."
 
But Jaejoong didn't allow him to return the object.
 
"Changmin, this is a gift. To refuse would be rude and offend the store manager. Don't make a scene. Just thank and go. "
 
"W-When I can, I'll pay double." Changmin bowed in gratitude and left the store rushed.
 
'Oh, my God, I'll die of shame!' He thought as he ran all the way home.
 
When the boy ran off, Jaejoong sighed and tucked the the hand in his pockets. "He's cute, do you agree, Manager-shi?"
 
"I agree, sir."
 
"When he comes in trying to pay, you will refuse. Understand? I don't need his money. "

 

 

A week later, Changmin ran as fast as he could, his lungs burning from lack of air. 'I'm going to die!' He thought, yet he didn't stop running.
 
Almost all the shops had closed the door, and he was expecting that 'Heaven's door - the store and musical instruments - was open.
 
The glass doors were closed, but there was some light inside the establishment.
 
The air was so cold that the condensed air came out of his mouth and formed a small cloud of steam.
 
There was a sign on the door "CLOSED".
 
Dammit.
 
It was too late, of course the store was closed.
 
He had worked so hard all week to be able to pay by wire box guitar. But even he could finally afford it, the store was now closed, he was tired and very cold.
 
Inside the store there was a light on in the back and he could see that beautiful white piano there. Jaejoong  was sat on the stool.
 
Why is he here?
 
'He will play?'
 
But Jaejoong didn't played, he just covered his face with his hands as his body trembled.
 
'He's crying?'
 
Changmin began punching the glass door. "Jaejoong! Jaejoong! "
 
Jaejoong heard the muffled sounds of something hitting the glass repeatedly.
 
"It's that guitarist boy." Jaejoong muttered getting up from the piano bench and drying the tears with the back of his hand.
 
When he got close to the glass door, the other boy stopped calling his name.
 
"Changmin?"
 
"Are you okay?" The boy's voice outside the door had been muffled by the thick glass.
 
Jaejoong nodded, and touched the glass with his palm. Changmin put his hand on the other side of the glass, as if he could touch him.
 
Changmin blew steam on the glass in the glass and wrote "Are you okay?"
 
Without knowing why, Jaejoong opened the door.
 
The cold wind hit him and he realized that the other boy was shivering.
 
"Are you okay, Jaejoong?"
 
Jaejoong didn't answer, instead, was just staring at him.
 
"God, you're freezing. Get in."
 
After entering and closing the door behind him, Changmin muttered "Jaejoong, don't cry."
 
"If you tell anyone ...."
 
"No, I will not tell anybody anything. It's okay now."
 
"Great. What are you doing here at this hour?"
 
"I tried to hurry before the store closed, I wanted to pay by wire guitar."
 
Jaejoong walked into a small room behind the counter, where there was a delicate china teapot and poured coffee with chocolate in two cups.
 
"It's okay, you don't need to pay me anything. Keeping this secret is enough."
 
"Jaejoong, remember when I said that playing made ​​me happy? You lend me one of the guitars from the store? I want to play a solo for you, you might be a little happier. "
 
 
 
N//A I started posting this fanfic because I'm almost done the previous fanfic.
Don't worry, no fanfic will be abandoned.
Author-shi loves you.