three.

The Journal of Byun Baekhyun

The next day, Chanyeol woke up with a bit of a head ache. Ugh, he rubbed his forehead. Maybe I should ask Suho for some Advil. Sitting up in his bed, he crossed his legs criss-cross apple sauce style because you know, it fit him. Chanyeol rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Suho!" he called out. "Are you home?" Hearing no answer, Chanyeol decided that Suho must have gone to work, or maybe to Lay's house. Sighing, Chanyeol slumped back down on his bed and reached over to his nightstand to grab his phone, only to find a small notebook in his hand instead. Oh yeah, he remember the journal. I found it last night. 

Opening it again for no reason but to expect cut off writing, he almost fell out of his bed when he found that the page was complete.

"What the —" he stared at the journal with wide eyes. "I swear that there was writing in the journal yesterday!" He closed the journal and opened it again, repeating this action at least five more times. The page was filled with writings. Sitting up straight in his bed, he began to read the part where it had cut off.

 

… and I'm studying in the medical field. It's not like I want to, it's because my parents want me to. My real dream is to become an idol.

It's funny how parents and adults tell you that you can be anything you want to be when you grow up, but you don't get to be what you want to be. They already have your life planned out for you, and you have to follow it. It's unfair, really. They get to do what they love and we don't.

I want to tell them how I feel. I want to tell them that I'm an adult now, that I have control over myself. But at the same time, I don't want to hurt their feelings.

We live in a strange world full of strange people living strange lives.

And it's not even strange, it's reality.

I feel like I keep going off topic and into random subjects, but that's because I'm just writing down whatever pops into my mind.

I'm ending this here, because I have to study. Bye, I guess.

 

"What the hell?" Chanyeol closed the book. "Maybe I was really tired last night and I didn't notice that there was writing." But I swear that the writing cut off, he thought, placing the book back on his nightstand.

"Chanyeol?" he heard Suho's voice call out. "I'm home! Are you awake yet?"

"Y-yes!" Chanyeol called back, grabbing the notebook again and shoving it under his pillow. "I'm getting ready right now!"

There was a pause before Suho shouted up again. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" Chanyeol laughed nervously, rummaging through the clothes in his closet to make it look like he was actually getting ready. "Really, it's okay!"

"Okay," Suho seemed a but unsure. "I have food when you're ready."

Chanyeol pulled off his shirt and slipped on a nice button up one, along with some jeans. "I'll be down soon!" he said. Taking one last look at the bump under his pillow, he slid into the bathroom to freshen up.

Downstairs when he was eating with Suho, all he could think about was the journal. Was it cut off before? he began thinking again. Or was I just tired?

Meanwhile, Suho watched as the giant mentally argued with himself and shook his head slightly. He was friends with a strange person.

 

 


Baekhyun's thoughts actually reflect on my thoughts in some parts.

 

"We live in a strange world full of strange people living strange lives.
 
And it's not even strange, it's reality." — I swear, this is my favorite line in this fanfiction.