one.

The Journal of Byun Baekhyun

Prologue

 

The park was Park Chanyeol's favorite place.

Many interesting things were found there; children playing, couples going on dates, teenagers hanging around. One particular thing Chanyeol liked doing at the park was gazing at the clouds. It was odd, really. He'd usually get grass stains on his pants from sitting on the wet grass for too long while looking up at the sky. People gave him strange looks often, but Chanyeol didn't really mind. As long as he got to gaze at the clouds, he didn't care for what other people thought of him.

 

Chanyeol was a strange man; at twenty-three years old, he still enjoyed playing at the park or playing childish games with the kids, such as tag and hide and go seek. It seemed like he was always smiling and optimistic, not minding about what others thought of him. His friend, Kim Suho, dubbed him as a choding.

 

"Aish, you're twenty-three years old," Suho had told him once. "Are you always going to act like a child?"

 

"What's wrong with acting like a child?" Chanyeol asked in return, the smile never leaving his face. "Are you always going to act like an adult?"

 

Chanyeol was indeed a strange man. Although he was thoughtful and kind, he never really made any other friends other than Suho. His childish personality didn't attract others to him much. But still, he smiled. 

 

On his birthday, November 27th, he decided to go to the park.

 

"But it's your birthday," Suho protested and tried to stop the man from leaving. "Wouldn't you be happier if you stayed here?"

 

"I'm happy where I'm happiest the most," Chanyeol grinned, gently pulling the shorter man away. "And the place where I'm happiest the most is the park." Suho had only stared at the grinning idiot in disbelief before shaking his head.

 

"You're never going to change, are you?" Suho sighed. Chanyeol only winked before disappearing outside.

 

November 27th was the day he also found a tattered, dirty notebook. Picking it up, he brushed the dirt off before reading the title curiously. Journal of Byun Baekhyun, it read. Please do not open.

 

The good side of Chanyeol suddenly appeared on his shoulder. It might be personal, the good voice told him. You shouldn't open it. Chanyeol nodded, slipping the small journal into his coat jacket. After five minutes of doing nothing and staring up at the sky, he finally couldn't take it anymore and pulled the journal out.

 

You shouldn't be doing this, the voice told him again. You're going to get in trouble.

 

Just a small peak, Chanyeol promised, his fingers itching to open the book. Just one look. And finally, he opened the journal to reveal the first entry.