two.

The Journal of Byun Baekhyun

Entry One [05.07.13]

Um, hi? I'm not sure about how to start this off. My brother got me this journal because he said I needed to express my 'feelings' or whatever? I don't know, I think it's pretty dumb. Hmm, should I introduce myself?

My name is Byun Baekhyun. I'm 20 years old (wow, I feel old and I'm writing in this journal like a child.) I'm a college student and I'm currently studying —

 

The writing cut off there. Chanyeol frowned, flipping the next page. Nothing else was written. Sighing, Chanyeol slipped the notebook back into his pocket. Perhaps he would find the owner and hopefully return the notebook back. Slowly rising up, he brushed the grass off of his pants and began to walk him, his long legs making the long trip much faster.

When he opened the door to his house, he found Suho sitting on the couch and watching TV. 

 

"Hyung?" Chanyeol called and shut the door behind him, slipping out of his shoes.

"Oh, Chanyeol," Suho looked up at are giant. "I'm watching this segment on How to Save Your Money."

Chanyeol chuckled, because Suho would always buy anyone anything, even if he had to take a loan. Suho shot him a look. "There's some food in the kitchen, by the way. Your cake is in the freezer."

"Okay," flipping on the switch to the kitchen's light, Chanyeol was met with a surprise. "Oh, Kyungsoo! You almost game me a heart attack?"

"Huh?" Kyungsoo looked up at the giant. "Oh, sorry, hyung. I was trying out this recipe for glow in the dark cookies." he held one out for Chanyeol to try. Staring down at the burnt, crumbled cookie, Chanyeol shook his head slowly and backed out.

"You know what?" Chanyeol chuckled. "I'm not hungry. I'm going to sleep."

"But it's your birthday—" Kyungsoo sighed and placed the cookie back on the tray. "Did he really not like my cookie? Jongin always likes my cookies."

 

"Aigoo, I'm so tired," Chanyeol said aloud to no one. He wasn't really tired, since he only spent the day sitting in the park and looking up at the sky, but he was feeling lonely and talking to yourself was apparently the best thing to do. He took the journal out of his pocket and placed it on his night stand. Slipping off his jacket, he began to change into his pajamas when someone called. After checking the caller ID, he slid his thumb against the screen and answered.

 

"Minseok?"

"Channie," the boy whined cutely. "Lu Han is being mean to me." There was yelling on the other side before another voice shouted into the phone, "Minseok called you a big, ugly, crack giant!"

"I did not!" Minseok gasped. Chanyeol heard a smack and winced. 

"Are you two having 'problems', again?" Chanyeol said as he heard Kris, his other friend, say once. 

"How do you know about our problems?" Lu Han gasped.

"I don't," Chanyeol was now confused. "Wait, I'm confused, now."

"Stop bothering Chanyeol with your stupid problems!" Chanyeol recognized the new voice as Kim Jongdae. "Sorry, hyung. Oh, and the kind of problems they're having are ual frustration problems—"

​"YAH! Shut it!" There was more fumbling on the other side before someone finally hit end. Chanyeol stared at his phone and laughed, placing it onto his nightstand and turning off the lights. As he began to fall asleep, he suddenly thought about that notebook he had found. Who exactly was Byun Baekhyun? Shrugging, he tried not to think about a complete stranger anymore before.

But little did he know, he would learn a whole bunch more about this stranger.

 


You can definitely tell this is AU, right?