The Inner Workings of My Older Sister~

♫Voodoo Dolls♫

 

I let out a deep breath as I laid on the sofa, surfing through random TV channels. Finding one of me and my sister's favorite shows, I set down the remote and turned towards the stairwell to call my sister. "Ember!" I yelled, cupping my hands to help project my usually soft voice. "Ember?!"

 

I yelled out my sister's name a few more times for good measure, but to no success. She wasn't answering, leaving me in silence, the TV's sounds almost nonexistant in my mind. "I really do wonder what she's been doing....she hasn't been downstairs all day, usually she's hogging the TV or something." I thought aloud, feeling a large sense of confusion.

Turning off the TV, I headed upstairs to the long hallway that lead to everyone's rooms. I soon found myself in front of Ember's bedroom door, the red KEEP OUT sign standing out against the black finish on her door. 

I knocked on the door a few times and waited, meeting silence each time I stopped.

'This is really weird.' I thought.

And I swear, if I knew then what I know now, I would've thought twice about what I was about to do.

in a breath, I opened the door, only to see a sight that made my knees buckle and caused me to fall to the ground, tears falling down my cheeks.

T-This is what she had been doing? T-This torture?

 

 

With blurry vision, I crawled closer to what I had seen, hoping I was just dreaming. My sister's room had been turned into what looked like a prison....No, more like a torture laboratory of some psycho scientist. But the thing I saw in the middle of the room is what made me cry. There was a beautiful dark haired boy in a wooden chair in the middle of the room. His expression was blank, his eyes dark and empty. One of his arms looked to be embedded with glass, little bits of blood splattered around the pieces of glass.  He had stitches, needles, and staples scattered around his broken and tattered body. And what caught my attention the most was the thing propped up on his glass covered arm; a stuffed, white, voodoo doll, that looked quite a bit like the boy it was sitting on. How.....strange.... 

 

Of all the things she could have done.....she spent her time torturing this poor boy.....one who probably had no idea what had hit him. 

"I am so sorry." I cried, reaching out to touch the boy's hand, only for it to feel as cold as ice...maybe even colder.

Now that I thought about it, this boy couldn't have been the only one here....Ember had always been the type to get bored easily...

Slowly and cautiously, I pulled myself to stand and began searching around the torture chamber, only to find nothing but a note in deep red ink.

Picking it up, I recognized it as Ember's handwriting and began to read it as I wiped away my tears:

To whom it may concern,

I am not dead, yet I am no longer here.

My playtoys left me, and I tried to stop them....only to end in failure.

Anyways, if the one who is reading this is my sister, then I bet you aren't very happy with me right now.

It was all in good fun, dear sister. I just wanted to play, and you already know I'm not all here mentally. 

We may meet again one day when I am well, and you have grown to understand my choices in life.

Until then, if you allow them to, my playtoys will watch over you as you learn from my mistakes and learn to do better than I. 

Trinity, be careful...don't make my mistakes,....and please don't leave them...

Good luck,

Ember

P.S. The needle by the chair that Hongbin is in now belongs to you. Use it well.

 

Unsure, I walked back over to the boy she called 'Hongbin' and picked up the needle Ember had mentioned. I soon felt something cold on my wrist, a shiver going down my spine as I turned. My eyes soon met two white ones, with black 'X's on them, my own brown eyes widening in shock. 

 

"Are you my new mistress?" A voice asked, the sound of it almost raspy as though the person hadn't spoke in a long time.

 

I blinked, unsure how to respond. "I......."

___________________________________________________________________________________

hey guys! yeah, I made yet another story. I really need to work on my other ones -.-

sooo yeah, subbies and comments are greatly appreciated! ^-^

and please excuse any grammar/spelling mistakes.

thanks guys! love y'all! And happy thanksgiving! ^-^

<333333 

11/28/13

-Jen