Chapter 1

The Player

"Mina get up! It’s time for you to go to school!"

I slowly sat up on my bed and yawned, shutting my alarm clock off. It was the day I had been dreading. My first day of high school. Alright, maybe high school isn't that bad, but instead of doing all the fun things I could do in Seoul I had to go to school and listen to a teacher go on and on about history or formulas of some sort. I, Lee Mina, was not a fan of school.

I sighed as I started preparing for school. I gathered my school supplies and put them in my bag. After I washed up and put on my neatly ironed school uniform.

As I slumped to the kitchen in my family's average sized apartment my oppa snickered, "Come on, school isn't that bad."

"You're just saying that because you're a nerd and you don't have anything to do but study." I retorted.

"Dats nawt twoo!" Onew oppa exclaimed, his mouth full of rice and other food we had for breakfast.

"I'm not a nerd! And I do a lot of things other than studying!"

"Sure..." I sat down at the kitchen table(where Onew oppa was also sitting)and started eating my breakfast.

"Stop fighting you two." Umma scolded as she got both of us a glass of milk. Normally oppa and I didn't fight at the start of each day but I was feeling really cranky. I finished my breakfast, brushed my teeth, grabbed my backpack, planted a kiss on my Umma's cheek and ran out the door.

When I finally arrived at the school I couldn't help but stare. The school building was at least three times as big as my junior high school building. I stood in front of the main entrance just staring until someone tapped me on the shoulder.

"You should get going or you're gonna be late." I turned and was starstruck. The guy that was standing in front of me was gorgeous. Chocolaty brown eyes, charismatic smile, built body, etc. He wasn't that tall but neither was I, so who was I to judge?

"H-hi, m-my name is L-lee Mina..."

"Hi, my name is Kim Jonghyun. Is today your first day here?"

"Uh-huh."

"Wait a sec... You're Onew hyung's dongsaeng!"

"Y-yeah...huh?"

Jonghyun smiled and said, "Onew hyung and I met when I was in grade 10. He helped me a lot during my first year of high school. I'm graduating this year."

"So...you and oppa are close friends?" Jonghyun nodded. My dorky older brother actually had friends? Not to mention an extremely hot friend that I could have met ages ago?

"Oh..." I mumbled. An announcement was recited over the intercom.

"All grade 10s report to their homerooms now."

"Oh no!" I hastily ran into the school while Jonghyun chuckled, "I told you so."

 

Later that day:

Phew! Finally, school was over. It wasn’t bad at all. I managed to find my old friends from school and I made a couple new friends as well. My homeroom teacher was pretty nice, too. I smiled as I walked out of the school and started walking in the direction of my apartment.

“Mina, wait!” I turned around and was starstruck all over again.

“How was your day?”Jonghyun asked eagerly.

“It was way better than I thought it would be.”I replied, blushing a bit.

“Great! How about I walk you home and you tell me all about it?”Jonghyun suggested.

“Well…"

”No guy has ever walked me home before. I wonder how Onew oppa will react. Oh wait, Jonghyun is Onew oppa’s friend!"

“Sure!” As we walked we talked. It turned out we have a lot of the same interests, and it was interesting to know what a guy’s pint of view was like. Before I knew it, we were standing in front of my apartment.

“Thanks for walking me home, sunbae.”

“No, it’s the least I can do for Onew’s dongsaeng. By the way, you can call me oppa from now on.”

“Okay…oppa.” I rang the doorbell and my oppa opened the door. 

“Hey Mina, how was school?”Onew smiled. Then he saw Jonghyun.

“Dude!!!!!!!” The two did a handshake of some sort.

“I haven’t seen you since last year!”Onew oppa grinned,

“I know, right? How’s Seoul university?”Jonghyun oppa asked.

“Awesome. I’m getting smarter everyday, not to mention there’s a chicken restaurant near campus…” Jonghyun and I laughed at my brother’s love of chicken.

“So that’s why you’ve been skipping dinner so much! I’m so telling Umma.”

“What? NOOOOOO-“ I quickly ran inside and slammed the door before he could catch me.

 

5 minutes later… I was sitting on the couch eating popcorn while watching Star King (best Korean show EVER!!!!) when Onew oppa finally stepped inside the apartment.

“Why didn’t you tell me you had such a hot friend?”I pouted. Onew oppa gave me a dark look.

“What did I do wrong? Onew sighed and sat down on the couch beside me.

"Mina..."

“What?”

“I think you should stay away from Jonghyun.” 

 

 

DAN DAN DAN!!! So here it is...I really hope you liked it. I will be waiting for comments...and if I don't get comments I'm just gonna delete this fic. So...if you liked this even a little bit comment!!!! And subscribe? Okay then BYE! Kamsahamnida! (Btw I'm Korean.)