Chapter 5

Finally

Im sorry. Im sorry I was such a jerk saying those kinda things to you.. I hope you know I didnt mean those things. During the days we weren't together, we didnt talk, I didnt drive you home anymore, it felt longer than the years that we didnt see each other when I was in Canada. This isnt really my thing and ugh, I must sound really ridiculous right now but I wanna ask you again, Chunji, will you be mine?

Chunji reminisced the words he said yes to during their MT at Jeju Island. He was browsing through the pictures they took at that time. He was once again looking forward to going to school. He prepared for school and drove. He arrived at school early as usual and found a note on his chair. It was from Hana.

hey chunji. Sorry for all I've done. You and L.joe were so sweet during the MT and Ive realized that Im so bad trying to break a couple like the two of you. Can we meet up after school? You can ride a cab going to my villa, just say the adress I'll be texting you later. See yah!!
P.S. you can come alone or maybe bring a company that's not scaredy. I've got a surprise for you.

 

Chunji sighed and sat down his chair. He wasnt sure if he wanted to go but he thought it would be rude if won't go. Hana prepared something for him and he doesnt want her efforts go to waste. Other students arrived and greeted Chunji. Then finally, the guy he's been looking forward to see, just arrived. L.joe searched the room for Chunji and when their eyes met, his lips formed a smile. He hurried over to Chunji's chair and kissed him on the cheeks. He asked Chunji's seatmate if they could exchange for today and luckily, the girl agreed. Classes went on and it was unsual for chunji to just enjoy having classes. Then L.joe sent a letter to chunji.

Notice something odd?

yeah, Im having fun in class.

That's cuz Hana is not around.

They stopped passing the paper when the professor gave them a seatwork. Chunji realized that L.joe was right. It was because there wasnt anyone pestering around them. Then the letter Hana left popped into his mind. The bell rang and their period ended. Then there was an announcement saying classes were suspended because the professors will have a meeting in the afternoon. Cheers were heard and chunji and L.joe started preparing to leave school. On their way to the lockers, Chunji decided to tell L.joe about the letter.

"There's something wrong. Im gonna go with you. Did she text you the adress?" L.joe said as he placed his books inside his locker.

"Nope not yet. But she said in the letter it was gonna be on her villa."

" I'll drive going there. I know the direction to their villa. I've been there before."

"okay." Chunji didnt like the idea that L.joe has been to her villa. What was he even doing there? Chunji just switched his attention to avoid an arguement. He didnt want to fight again because lf his jealousy.

They went inside L.joe's car and they went out of the school. Chunji was quiet on the drive and L.joe noticed it.

"Chanhee-ah, gwaenchanha?"

"Uhuh, just tired. Really tired."

This start of the conversation felt awkwardly familiar to L.joe and he realized it was the same things they said when they argued. He didnt want to push further, fearing the same thing might happen again, he just said "okay." After L.joe replied, it was back to silence again. Then after a while, Chunji spoke up.

"Im just wondering why you know the way to Hana's villa. Why you've been there before." Chunji said slowly to the point that he was judt murmuring to himself.

"It was because of a party. Don't worry. Nothing happend there." L.joe replied and ruffled Chunji's hair.

It was a long drive. Chunji started feeling weird when they turned left and after that all they can see was the road and trees. After a series of rights and lefts, they arrived at a big villa. It was so silent that you'd think no one was around. L.joe went inside the gate but Chunji stood frozen. He reached out his hand and chunji held it. They were walking hand in hand into the villa and when they got to the door and knocked, Hana answered from the inside that it was open and they should get in. L.joe went in first and chunji followed. Just as the door closed a clicking sound was heard and when they looked ahead, Hana was sitting on a chair, holding a gun facing both of them while another guy was holding a gun right at L.joe's head.

"WHAT THE HELL, HANA!" L.joe yelled while he kept chunji at his back.

" That's a new way of saying hello? How cute. I knew I didnt have to text Chunji the address since I was pretty he was going here with you. We had a fun time here didnt we?" Hana replied.

" Shut up, Hana. YOU had a fun time. For me it was hell."

" Do you wanna hear a story Chunji? I once had a party here. And your beloved L.joe was invited. We both got drunk and L.joe was such a gentleman leading me to my room. And because of our drunkeness, L.joe also went into my room. Well, you know what happend next. A boy and a girl, both drunk and inside one room." Hana laughed out loud like a crazy witch.

"Dont believe her Chunji. She's making it all up--

"Oh, stop spoiling the fun."

Chunji tried to get his phone to call the police but the guy standing next to them slapped it out of his hand and got it. Hana pointed the gun at Chunji.

" This is all because of you. You deserve to die and ROT IN HELL! I LOVED L.JOE AND YOU TOOK HIM AWAY FROM ME, YOU BASTARD!"

This was all getting into L.joe's nerve so he punched the guy hard and fought. L.joe used the guys gun and shot him. When Hana saw that the guy was defeated, she pulled the trigger and shot.

 

 

 

 

 

And instead of chunji being shot, L.joe ran to cover Chunji. He got hit on his shoulder. Hana shot again and the second bullet hit L.joe in the chest. Hana screamed.

 

 

 

 

 

"L.JOOEEEE! IM SORRY! I DIDNT WANT TO HURT YOU. IM SORRY!

And as Hana ran going upstairs, chunji gathered up the courage to get the gun on the floor and pulled the trigger, Hana noticed and faced Chunji. She pulled the trigger and they shot each other. Chunji fell down the ground and Hana fell down the stairs. Chunji was shot. He could see L.joe reaching out to him and he did the same. His vision started to blur and they were already holding hands. Chunji thought that if he was to die that moment, he'd die happy because the last person he saw was the person he loved dearly and loved him back. Chunji out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chunji woke up in the hospital with bandages all over his stomach. He wondered who brought him there. He was happy to be alive but then it hit him. L.joe got two bullets for him and he was worried sick if he was okay. He pushed the button to call the nurse and two nurses came rushing in. He was checked and recorded then after, he asked how was L.joe. The nurses couldnt respond and they just said to him that out of the four who were brought to the hospital, two died. He couldnt rest. L.joe had the possibility to be one of the two who died since he was shot twice but he didnt want to think that way. The nurses came in and handed chunji his phone. His phone rang and it was from L.joe's number! He answered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"yeobeoseyo?

" miss me?" The voice on the other end made Chunji cry. It was L.joe. He was alive and he was talking to him.

"L.joe! You're alive. You're alive.." chunji said between sniffs.

"Hana's dead chunji. And so is that other guy." They continued to chat until a nurse tild L.joe to rest and they said their I love yous and goodbyes.

They were both healing rapildy in the hospital, and when they were finally able, they made visits to each other's rooms. After quite a while, they healed and they were both discharged.

Years went by and they were already working. L.joe worked in his parents' company and Chunji opened a flower shop and worked in his parents company too.

L.joe calles chunji on a free time and Chunji was busy arranging flowers.

" Chanhee-ah, how's work? Can you arrange a boquet for me? Then in a card write 'will you marry me?' A friend asked me to do it. I recommended your flower shop.Then can you pick a ring at a jewelry store? He says you know what girls like best. Just send me a picture ok?"

"Okay, that would still be the 6th order. Can he wait?"

" yup, he'll be proposing in the evening anyway, so it's gonna be okay."

"Im gonna be on my way to the jewelry store. Are you busy? Why not come with me?

"I'll be there in an hour. Still have papers to work on."

" By then, the flowers are gonna be ready, why not get it and send it to your friend when you drop by?"

"That would be a great idea. Okay, I need to hang up now and continue working. Take care Chanhee. I love you."

" I love you too. Bye!"

Chunji left his flower shop and made his way to the jewelry shop. I took time for him to pick, and finally, he picked a pretty ring and reserved it. Took a picture of it and sent it to L.joe. He replied a thanks and said he was on his way to the flower shop. Chunji went out of the jewelry shop and drove back to his flower shop.

He arrived and saw that L.joe's car was already outside his shop. He went out of his car excitedly and went in. L.joe was looking at the flowers that chunji's worker had arranged and he picked the pink roses.He saw Chunji get in and he hugged him. He gave him a kiss on the lips that left Chunji blushing.

"Yah, we need to go. It's getting dark. Didnt you say that your friend was gonna propose in the evening? "

"Okay, let's use my car. Let's but the ring first then go to the venue."

They went out of the shop and L.joe drove to the jewelry shop, bought the ring and drove away. Chunji was humming to the music playing in L.joe's car when they arrived at a really fancy place. The lights were so pretty and you would walk through a garden first and in the middle was a pavillion where a table for two was set. There was a guy sitting down and chunji guessed it was the guy who asked L.joe the favor. They went to the pavillion and L.joe gave the flowers and the ring to the guy. Chunji was so busy feasting his eyes on the beautiful garden surrounding them. When he looked back, L.joe was kneeling down and holding the ring in a box. The guy gave Chunjithe flowers and moved away.

" Lee Chan Hee, will you marry me?"

Chunji's eyes were welling up with tears. "Pabo! How could you lie to me like this? Ugh, you know I dont like surprises. But out of all the surprises Byunghun, THIS IS MY FAVORITE. YES, I will marry you." Chunji replied while wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Mianhae?" L.joe said as he slipped the ring through Chunji's finger then pulled him in. They shared a long kiss, but it was sweet and full of love, no trace of lust to be found.

 

(Then they lived happily ever after? I guess you could say that. )

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: HEY GUUUYYYSSS!! I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS FIC! I feel sad that I killed Hana. Curious on what happend during their MT? please look out for the sequel of this fic entitled: "HIDDEN FILES." Coming soon! Thank you so much to those who subbed to this story and those who actively shared their insights in the comments. You guys were my motivation! Ah, Saranghaeyoooo! And please try to check out my Top Love series! (Winter Love *complete, and Autumn Enchantment *ongoing) again, thank you so, so much!

-author jaaaangchandee