The Gala

Elemental Heiress

          "What do you think of this dress Miss Kim?" one of your fathers associates asked holding out a blue one shoulder dress .

          You shook your head. You were sitting in the private section of your fathers company where only VIP's were allowed to enter and receive the treatment. You wanted a simple dress but the dresses your fathers associates had laid out for you were very overly glamorous. Mind you, this was a secret collection your father created and it wasn’t supposed to come out till next month but he wanted you to be the first to wear it.

          "Or this one?" another one held out a coral dress that had one shoulder and had a jeweled belt around it but the shoulder had some extra fabric hanging down from it which didn’t really appeal to you.

          "I like the color and style.." you said "But that extra fabric…."

          "We can take off" a voice said from behind you.

          Turning around you see your Appa standing there with your mother. "That's the dress I personally designed. Go try it on" he said smiling.

          With the help of his personal assistant, you were able to get the dress on and walked out causing everyone to stare at you in awe.

          "Perfect" your appa whispered.

          "My daughter is so beautiful" your Umma said smiling softly at you and handed you a box which had a simple silver necklace with a heart on it.

          "Kamsamida Umma" you said hugging her. The necklace was beautiful and  perfect and you knew exactly where it came from. It was your grandmothers and it's been passed down from generation  to generation. It really had a sentimental value.

          "Let's get you home, hair and make up will be waiting in your room" she said leading you out of the building, "Your appa has a special announcement today also" she said.

          "Special announcement?" you asked tilting your head to the side.

          Your Umma only smiled warmly at you before the two of you walked out of the building to prepare for the gala.

          That evening, the party was in full swing, a lot of Korea's prestigious families were there as well as a few of your fathers business partners and you knew that you had to be on your best behavior.

          You observed everyone from your position at the refreshment table. You noticed a few people from your school, a lot of the girls wearing tight dresses and others wearing more ball like gowns. Obviously, they were trying to dress to impress the big families here that had sons.

          Suddenly you heard squeals all around and looked towards the door and noticed four boys walking in. All in black suits and then it occurred to you, 'It's the guys from school' you thought to yourself 'But wheres Sehun?'

          Out of the five, Chanyeol was the first to notice you and he grinned, "Oi! It's Kim Minyoung!" he said pointing at you as they approached you causing the girls that crowded them to glare at you.

          Bowing to them you smiled politely, "Annyeong"

          "I didn’t know you would be here" Xiumin  said, "You know the person who lives here?"

          "Well actually I-" you were cut off by your dad speaking into the microphone.

          "Annyeong everyone, I want to welcome you to the Kim Estate. It feels so good to be back in Korea for good and to be with my lovely wife and I'd like to finally introduce you all to my daughter, Minyoung" he gestured to you from his spot on the podium.

          You  nodded and smiled from your place causing the five boys infront of you to have their jaw drop.

          "Now as you know, Alpha Corp is now doing a line in Korea and will be using Korea as it's headquarters from today on. Tonight, I have a special announcement to make,  Minyoung-ah will you please join me up here please?"

          You walked up and stood next to your Appa.

          "Next month, I will be releasing a new line and the face of this line will be the successor to my company, my daughter Minyoung." Your Appa proudly announced causing your eyes to widen.

          You knew this was coming but to hear it straight was a shocker.

          "Minyoung, is there anything you'd like to say?" he asked.

          Quickly recovering from your shock you spoke, "Ah, Appa, Kamsamida, Kamsamida. I promise I wont disappoint you. Enjoy your night everyone" You bowed before stepping away and soon you were bombarded by five excited boys.

          "Bwoh? You're the daughter of Alpha Corps CEO?" Baekhyun asked his eyes in shock.

          "No way, yeppoda" Xiumin said looking at you, "Is that an original dress then?"

          The three boys threw questions at you while Luhan just stayed silent. There was something about his silence that bugged you, but you couldn’t pinpoint what.  Before you could answer, you were saved by your father.

          "Minyoung-ah!" he called you over to where he was standing with a friend of his.

          "Neh Appa" you said approaching him.

          "This is my good friend Oh Min Hoand his son Sehun" he introduced.

          You and Sehun looked at each other with wide eyes. You couldn’t help but notice that he was wearing a white suit.

          Recovering first you bowed to him, " Nice to meet you"

          "Like wise Miss Minyoung" Mr. Oh said smiling shaking your hand.

          As you took Sehun's a spark shot up your arm and you pulled away quickly.

          "Minyoung-ah, I just asked Sehun to be the male model of my new line. So you two will be working together" Your father said excitedly. "Isn't that great? Then we don’t have to hold auditions for other male models."

        You were shocked, totally shocked, wait what? So Sehun was going to be modeling with you?

          "A-Ah…that’s great" you said smiling, "It will be great working with you Sehun-shi"

          Sehuns face was emotionless, but he bowed, "Neh, I'm looking forward to it Minyoung-shi"

          "Your first photoshoot will be tomorrow and then next month, the two of you will be walking the runway together" Mr. Oh said, "Oh I'm so excited for you two!"

          Laughing nervously you backed away, "Kamsamida, but excuse me" you said slowly making a dash towards the balcony doors. You needed some air, this was way to many things to comprehend in one night.

           "Aigoo…why…." You muttered to yourself leaning over the balcony. You picked up a Cherry Blossom from the attached tree and stared at it for a moment. Suddenly it turned into ice, and then it melted, then it burned as you closed your hand before the wind picked up the ashes and blew it away.

          You heard someone clap behind you and you turned to see Luhan smirking at you. "I knew it" he said, "My senses never prove me wrong" his voice was calm.

          "Bwoh?" you asked tilting your head to the side, "What do you mean?"

          "I told you I know" he said leaning his back against the railing looking up at the stars. "You're one of us"

          "One….of…us?" you asked shaking your head, "What?"

          "That Sakura Blossom" he said picking one from the tree, "So delicate and fragile" he looked at it before it started levitating on its own. "Funny how it went from ice to flames in mere seconds"

          Your eyes widened in shock, "So you…"

          He smiled as the Cherry Blossom landed infront of you, "Yeap. The  of us can actually. We all have different powers. Theres about six more like us, they're all in college though" he sighed, "We're trying to figure out why we have these powers, but we cant seem to decipher as to why we have it." He looked at you, "Xiumin, Chanyeol and I are the only ones who know, Sehun and D.O are clueless. " he winked at you, "Let's see how long it takes them to figure it out neh?"

          Nodding slowly you agreed. "How did you…"

          " I can read minds, so can Chanyeol. I also have the power of telekinesis. You have the elemental powers correct?"

          You nodded, and looked up at the sky and shivered a bit.

          Luhan took off his jacket and put it over your shoulders as the two of you enjoyed a comfortable silence. Well technically, he was just reading your thoughts while you played with a cherry blossom.

          Soon the door burst open, "Yah! Luhan where have you…"  Baekhyun's voice broke your silence and he and the four boys, Chanyeol having Sehun in a headlock looked at you two with wide eyes. The flower turned to ice and fell…shattered.