Meeting

My little flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanmi stared at her own reflection on the mirror the next morning.She could hear the clanking metallic sound from her room.Anytime now,someone would be knocking on her door and she would be eating breakfast,as usual with her cousins.

 

Seeing her smile in gratitude was enough to make Baekhyun’s heart fluttered.It was enough for him to feel the urge to kiss her right then,and that was he did,only it was not on the lips,but on her cheek.

Hanmi froze at the sudden skinship and her eyes shot up.All her thought on sleep suddenly went doen the drain.

Baekhyun pulled back before he leaned near to her ear and whispered, ‘Good night,Hanmi.’

 

That’s the second time,Hanmi chewed on her lower lip.What does that mean?Omo!Don’t tell me..Baekhyun oppa likes me?!..Hanmi shook her head wildy, ‘No way!No way!You’re supposed to be cousins right?Yeah,maybe a friendly kiss from a cousin!’she assured herself.

But then…that gentle look..Aish!Hanmi-ah!No time thinking about that!she reached for her bag pack and went to the dining table,where only D.O,Lay and Xiumin were present.

‘Where are the others?’Hanmi asked as she sat beside Xiumin who was spreading butter on his toast.

‘Some are still washing themselves,some are still not up,’Suho came from the kitchen,bringing heated mushroom soup to the center of the table.

‘Oh,I thought D.O-sshi is in charge of food?’Hanmi pointed at the mushroom bowl.

D.O shrugged, ‘Doesn’t mean I have to be with food all the time.And that’s D.O oppa for you,’he was sitting in front of Hanmi as Lay was seating beside him.

‘When did you get home yesterday?I didn’t see you after the musical,’Xiumin grabbed a toast and gave it to her even before she asked.

‘Thanks,’she gave a smile, ‘Baekhyun took me home.’

‘Hmm…Sehun always said that you don’t say thanks when someone helped you….Hmmm,’Lay mindlessly said,blinking lazily at Hanmi.

Hanmi laughed awkwardly, ‘Well…haha.’

‘Hmmm…maybe Sehun didn’t hear you…hmmm,’he continued to munch on his toast.

Hanmi continued to laugh awkwardly,He seriously looks like he’s high.

Hanmi couldn’t argue to that though,when before,she was not the type to say thanks,but then someone had to change that in her.

In the hard way.

And it was none other than Luhan.

 

First incidence:

Hanmi was jotting down notes on her notebook when a book was suddenly held out in front of her.

‘What is this?’she leaned back and looked up to Luhan.

‘It’s a book.B-O-O-K.Book,’Luhan mockingly said.

Hanmi frowned. ‘I know it’s a book.But what do you want me to do with that book?’

‘A book is meant to be read.That is the use of a book,’Luhan explained as he looked at Hanmi as if she was an idiot.

‘I know but-Oh,I have to read this?’Hanmi pointed at the book.

‘Took a while for you to understand,’Luhan knocked her head lightly with the book, ‘I wonder how long will I be able to remain compose with you.’

‘You’re not to begin with,’Hanmi retorted bravely.

‘Shut up and take this book.Read it now and memorise it,’Luhan said.

Hanmi was about to take it from him before he held high from her reach, ‘I wasted my time to look for this book,so what do you supposed to say right now?’

‘I didn’t ask for you to look for it,’Hanmi furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance.

‘This book is the best book for this subject among the others available in this library.So after someone had went enough trouble to look for this thing,what should you say?’Luhan crossed his arms.

‘But I didn’t ask to.Now give me that book,’Hanmi was persistent to get that book now that Luhan said that was the best book among the other others.

Luhan held up higher, ‘So what Sehun said is true.You really had an ego for saying simple thing such as thank you.’

‘But I didn’t ask to-,’

‘Well then,too bad.Go back home because I’m not going to teach an ungrateful person,’he said coldly.

‘Fine then!I won’t say it!’Hanmi rolled her eyes.

Luhan scoffed and turned away, ‘Whatever-‘

Something tugged on his shirt as he started to step forward towards the entrance door.

He turned his head slightly around to see Hanmi’s hand had reached out to tug the hem of his shirt.

Pouting sulkily,Hanmi eyed the book on Luhan’s hand.

‘What?’Luhan lifted a brow.

For the first time in forever,Hanmi threw off her ego away, ‘I-I’m sorry.’

‘And?’

Hanmi flinched at the hardness of his voice, ‘And t-t-t…ha…t-thank you for the b-book.’

The end of Luhan’s lips tugged upwards. ‘Wouldn’t it be easier if you said so when I told you to?’

‘But-,’

‘Courtesy,lady,courtesy,’Luhan pulled a chair beside Hanmi and sat.

 

Second incidence:

‘My shift is going to start!I have to go to work now!’Hanmi packed her books and was ready to sprint off but Luhan grabbed her wrist before she could.

‘What?!I have to hurry!’Hanmi pointed at her watch.

‘What did you say to the person who had been patiently teaching you for the whole time?’he asked as he flipped the page of the book he was reading.

‘Huh?!Patient?You’ve been practically calling me names and scolding me,’Hanmi huffed angrily.

‘It’s not my fault you’re that slow,’he chortled.

‘Yah,let me go!I have to hurry!’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter