Request

More Than Words

 

===

 

"Yah, stop pretending to die...just wake up."

 

"Hey, stop being lazy. You know Dongjun's coming so you pretended to sleep, right? He's gone, so you better wake up and go make Siwan stop crying. It's all your fault anyway."

 

"Yah...it's not even night, it's not sleeping time. Wake up!"

 


"Kwanghee, who are you talking with?"

 

"Huh...uhh, D...Dongjun. I...him." He pointed to the unconscious body lying on the infirmary bed.

Dongjun only smiled apologetically for a few moments.

"Kevin is sleeping."

"I know."

"Are you still... angry that you're switched places."

"No. You told me. It's to help Siwan. Why would I be angry?"

"You remembered?"

"Yeah. I did."

"You sound like you're making progress."

"Does it mean I can leave soon?"

Again, Dongjun turned silent. This time, even after Kwanghee counted a whole hundred seconds, Dongjun did not resume with giving any answer. The wait drove him crazy.

"No?"

"Kwanghee, where are you going to go after you're released?"

"Back home of course."

"Where?"

"My place."

"The address?"

"It's...it's...in my pocket, inside my room."

"What will you do once you're back?"

"So many work needed to be done. The kids will fight without me. And the management will get angry. And they will fire me."

"Kwanghee, you can't go back there. Didn't you remember you're already...you know?"

"No! I'm going back and I'm going to bring Siwan back with me whether you like it or not. This new kid can rot and die here." He pointed angrily to Kevin.

"Miss Park told me you refused to follow schedule."

"That's Siwan, not me."

"No, Siwan refused to take his medicine."

"He refuses everything, except for Kevin."

"Kwanghee, that new kid...is not the same person as Kevin. Neither is Siwan your..."

"I don't want to hear that again. Can I go back to my room now?"

Dongjun sighed and nodded.

"Okay. But this time don't run away when Miss Park comes for the next schedule."

Kwanghee nodded unwillingly, and left the room, not closing the door behind him.

 


"Junyoung. Junyoung-ah..."

"What?"

"Yah, will you look at me when I'm talking? Have some respect will you?"

"You're not my boss."

"And you're still not looking."

"Kwanghee, I'm busy. Don't disturb me."

"Well...then if I ask you to calculate something for me, will you?"

That, made Junyoung's gaze shot up.

"What?"

"What are the chances...the percentage...for Siwan to stop crying?...and for Kevin to not die?"

Again Junyoung buried his head in the mess of pens, papers and calculators, only for a few seconds before his eyes narrowed back to the only other man inside the room.

"The formula?"

"How would I know? You're the genius, not me."

"No formula, count on your own."

"Yah, Junyoung..."

"I said...give me the formula or just get lost! Ask me to calculate a ridiculous thing and can't even give a decent formula. Go back primary school and learn!"

 


"Kevin Hyung..."

Only the sobbing sound led him into the room instead of walking away.

"Are you...alright?"

Siwan continued crying but took a moment to look up and gave a nod.

"Well...uhh, may I know where's Kevin hyung? I haven't seen him. We're supposed to practice."

He rubbed his eyes fiercely with the back of his hands.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Minwoo...we've met earlier before, today. Remember?"

"...the one...who...want to dance?"

"Yeah, that's right! Kevin hyung hasn't come for practice and we have to perform tomorrow. Do you know where he is?"

Instead of giving an answer, he started crying again.

"H...hey, what's wrong? Did I say something wrong?"

"Kevin...he's..., ...can I... ask you for a favour?"

 

 

"Hey, why are you still not waking up? If you don't go back to your room, Siwan might not stop crying until the next day. How cruel can you be, huh?"


"Yah, wake up. Didn't you always think you're better than Siwan, and that he's just a mentally unstable idiot who's just a has been? If you're that good, why don't you wake up and show who's better? At this moment, he's way better than you, who's just lying down, sleeping without a care, lazy."

 

"If you don't wake up...Dongjun might torture Siwan, he might torture all of us, he might even torture you for waking up late....no, I mean...he won't torture anyone...if you just get up."

 

"Can't you please just wake up, for me? For yourself? For...for whoever?"

 

"Aren't you having your dance show? How is your partner going to carry the show without you? Just...wake up...please."

 

Seeing none of his pleas were making any difference to the condition of the bedridden person who seemed to be soundly asleep, he sighed in resignation and quietly left the darkened room before anyone would caught him there.

 

===