Chapter Seven

얼음꽃 (Frost Flower)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Chapter Seven |

It was yet another Monday morning and Yoona stepped out of her car with a satisfied grin, pleased at how she made it to work earlier than the CEO again.

 

The office was rather empty, as usual, and she did not expect to see someone already seated in the meeting room when she pushed the door open, whistling a merry tune as she did. Upon setting eyes on the considerably beautiful lady, she smoothed her black sequin dress and cleared .

 

The redhead, seemingly settled comfortably in her chair, raised her head instantly, a puzzled expression spreading across her features, “Oh, hi. Don’t think I’ve seen you around. You are?”

 

“Im Yoona, head of HR. I just started a week ago,” replied the girl, stretching her hand out for a handshake.​

 

“Oh, right. Yoona. I remember Miss Jung mentioning you a few times before. Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang. Sales Director.” With a tiny smile, she exchanged a brief handshake with the girl before sitting back down.

 

“I’m finally meeting the rest of the senior team members and I’m so excited. That’s a really nice sweater, by the way. I like the design of the jewels.” Without being asked, Yoona plopped herself down in the chair beside the redhead, thousands of cheesy pickup lines brewing in her head.

 

“Thanks,” Tiffany glanced back down at the file she was reading before, somewhat uninterested in continuing with the conversation. She usually returned the compliment but decided against it this time. According to what she had been hearing from Jessica, this girl meant trouble, and she was determined to avoid contact with her as far as possible. She also loathed the fact that this girl was here simply because her father was a major stockholder of the company.

 

“You remind me of one of the celebrities in that drama I saw last week. She’s really stunning. I think it’s your hair. You have good hair,” Yoona went on, oblivious to the lady’s apathy.​

 

“Oh? Uh, thank you.” What the heck? The redhead was unsure if the buttering up was flirtation or if there was some other motive behind it. Either way, she was not enjoying the praises one bit. One more remark and she was going to move.

 

“Aw, are you getting bashful? There’s no need to be. You’re pretty and I’m only pointing it out.”

 

“I’m sorry but what exactly are you getting at? It’s making me a little uncomfortable.” In her distress, Tiffany unintentionally slammed the file onto the desk, shutting the girl up straightaway.

 

“Wokay. No need for aggression here. I’ll back off.” Nope, she was not going to. Since when was it her style to leave gorgeous women alone? Eyeing the redhead cautiously, she could not help but open to say something, “You know, coincidentally, my best friend has a girlfriend with the same name.”

 

“Well, I’m fairly sure that your best friend’s name isn’t Taeyeon. I also don’t think two people having the same name is that much of a coincidence. I know three other Tiffanys myself.” The lady scratched the back of her hand mindlessly, wondering when the other people were going to arrive. It was a huge pain having to sit through such a junky conversation. It seemed to be getting nowhere.

 

“My best friend’s name is Taeyeon.” Yoona frowned at her own response, curious to know if the lady she so rudely checked out just awhile ago was really her buddy’s girl.

 

“Tell me you’re joking.”

 

“I’m dead serious.”

 

“Kim Taeyeon?” The redhead accentuated slowly as though the girl did not understand Korean.

 

“Kim Taeyeon,” Yoona nodded at each syllable for emphasis.​

 

“Blonde shoulder-length hair, pale skin, brown eyes?”

 

“Midget-ish.”

 

“Okay, that wasn’t very nice of you. Her height is perfect.” Tiffany’s brows creased at the improper comment.

 

“To you.”

 

“Whatever. My gosh, she talks about you all the time. Why wasn’t I able to put it all together before?”

 

“People date people with similar personalities all the time. I’ve always thought Taeng was a tad slower than others mentally.” Yoona snickered when the lady’s features contorted once more, “Kidding. It’s nice to finally meet you. Tae’s one lucky girl.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter