Chapter Twenty

얼음꽃 (Frost Flower)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Chapter Twenty |

Tiffany occupied one of the many empty tables in the cafeteria, a hot cup of coffee in one hand and a report in the other.

 

She had been pretty bored ever since she was relieved of all lunch delivering duties, her meal companion often reduced to a pathetic stack of sheets. Setting the papers down, she sighed before taking another sip of the dark beverage, cringing yet again at how it was overly sweetened. Even the coffee seemed to have something against her.

 

It definitely did not help that she had chosen to give her girlfriend the cold shoulder over some minor mistake. Picking up her phone, she started to scroll through the endless texts Taeyeon had been spamming her with, including what seemed like the hundredth apology sent just two minutes ago. Thumb hovering over the reply button, she eventually shook her head and locked the screen instead.

 

Scanning the gloomy interior of the cafeteria through listless eyes, she shuddered a little, feeling more alone than ever. Just then, two familiar figures caught her attention, and her face lit up when the pair waved to her from the entrance. Throwing a hand up quickly, she returned the gesture enthusiastically, signaling for them to share the table with her. They soon approached her.

 

“Jess! You have no idea how happy I am to see you. Hey, Yoona,” The redhead greeted when the duo was near enough.

 

“Is something wrong?” Jessica asked, sensing that her friend was a little moodier than usual. The girl was never much of a coffee drinker, always saying it was a beverage for the melodramatic.

 

“I’m just a little bored, that’s all,” Shrugged Tiffany.

 

“Girl, you wouldn’t be if you started responding to those texts from a certain midget,” Yoona stated factually.

 

“It would be nice if you stopped using that word,” The redhead rolled her eyes as she picked up the cup of coffee, swirling it around mindlessly without actually taking another sip. Way too sugary. That was what it is. Quite ironically, it was what she could use in her life right now – a little bit of sweetness.

 

“Fine. I meant Taeng.”

 

“I’m trying to find the right time to make up with her. I can’t just reply her out of nowhere,” Tiffany argued despite knowing it was a lousy excuse.

 

“Well, there’s no better time than tonight,” Yoona remarked, drawing a questioning look from the redhead. She proceeded to explain, “I made reservations for four at Tae’s favorite restaurant. Let’s head over after work, have a good dinner, chill out after that. What do you think?”

 

“Four?” Jessica turned to face the girl, confused.

 

“You’re coming along,” Yoona grinned, “It’s gonna be a lot of fun. The food’s really good there.”

 

Before the CEO could comment, Tiffany interrupted, “I see it isn’t really about me and Taeyeon. It’s more about your date, right? How long have the two of you been seeing each other officially?”

 

“Don’t be silly, Fany. There isn’t--”

 

“Almost two days, not including the day she confessed,” Yoona blurted, earning an instant slap on the arm.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Whoa, Jessica Jung. You actually confessed?” The redhead raised her brows in surprise. She never expected things to progress so quickly.

 

“I have absolutely no memory of that whatsoever.”

 

“We’ll have to get you some pills for amnesia then,” Yoona chuckled, dodging the second slap promptly.

 

Somewhat accustomed to the teasing, Jessica huffed, “Whatever.”

 

“I win,” The girl singsonged.

 

“I’m not getting back at you because it’s boring to be winning all the time. I’m getting something to eat.” Shooting her an icy glare, Jessica stormed off without another word.

 

Merely smirking, Yoona turned back to Tiffany and shrugged lightly, “Princess is mad, I gotta go appease her. See you after work.”

 

---

 

“How has work been?” Taeyeon eventually broke the unnerving silence and asked the first question that evening. She thought they would be sharing the table with Yoona and Jessica when the girl told her she managed to book four seats.

 

“Same old same old,” Tiffany focused on cutting up the steak on her plate into neat little squares.

 

“It’s been pretty cold lately… I remember you were telling me about these the other time and I finally got you a pair…” Picking up a glossy shopping bag resting beside her feet, the blonde warily handed it to her girlfriend, surveying her expression closely.

 

Tiffany received it silently, “Do you mind if I…?”

 

“By all means, take a look now,” Taeyeon sat up straight and nodded earnestly, a soft smile upon her lips.

 

Peering into the bag, the redhead appeared rather amused, “Aww, heat socks… and you managed to get them in pink,” She held them near her feet to get an idea of how they would look, “Thank you.”

 

“Not a problem. As long as you like them,” The corners of Taeyeon’s eyes were wrinkling up from her wide grin, “I’ll hold them for you until after dinner…” Taking the bag back, she set it aside as her girlfriend dug in. She seemed to be in a better mood already but Taeyeon was still unsure if everything was settled.

 

“Fany-ah… are you still mad?” The blonde was bent on not taking a single bite unless she was completely assured that the girl she loved, who had been ignoring her for the longest time, was willing to put everything behind them.

 

“Would I even be here if that was the case?” Tiffany looked up from her food and Taeyeon’s cheeks dimpled from another smile at her reply.

 

“That’s a relief! I’ve missed you so much, Fany-ah… feels like forever since I last heard your voice,” Her beam broadened with each word. The storm was finally over. It took a little longer than expected but at least it had ended.

 

Reaching out to pinch her cheek, Tiffany answered with a smile, “I’ve missed my Taengoo too.”

 

A few tables away, Yoona snapped her fingers in victory, “Mission accomplished.”

 

Seemingly impressed, Jessica set her fork down slowly as she eyed the couple, “How long have you known her for?”

 

“Long enough to know that she would have waited a couple of months more if I didn’t make her fix this tonight. Anyway, how’s the pasta?” The girl asked before pushing another piece of smoked salmon into .

 

“Pretty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter